Sponsored by:

my scoobys a vibrator!

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2001, 08:49 PM
spudgun
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

hit the mother of all potholes the other night ( sodding crappy headlights!) , my front left wheel took full brunt. an almighty bang, but she kept going straight though , bless her! i've got prodrive suspension, and now she's 'vibrating' at higher speeds, and the steering doesnt turn quite as smooth, almost feels like the steering turns in small stages. it's the best way i can describe it.
problem is i can't get to my dealer for a few days, and wondered if anyone knows what the problem is, and will it cost big bucks.
i'd appreciate any advice, i won't drive her till i know it's safe...many thanks everyone
Old 10 February 2001, 09:23 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad luck- you might be able to claim off of the local council for the repairs! get a piccie of the pothole and measure the diameter and depth. Councils have a habit of filling them in so's you cannot claim.

Check your tyre/rim carefully for any damage, make sure you check the innner rim
You may have lost a wheel weight, damaged the tyre or bent/buckled the rim causing the vibration.

the steering problem sounds nasty, check you are not leaking/loosing fluid from the power steering and brakes

If you have to use the car keep your speed down.