Sponsored by:

Reps and there Mondeo type cars !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2001, 09:17 AM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Last night going down the M56 in pouring rain I followed a silver Mondeo who insisted in sitting in the outside lane even though there was no traffic on the inside of him so I just followed him from the middle lane, my exit then came up so I move to the inside lane and joined the slower traffic, the marker boards then came up so I indicated, the F*cking Mondeo then did a 3 lane swoop straight in front of me and just missed !!!

The junction where this happened was the exit for the Chester road which is a long sweeping set of bends in a dual carriage way, this dick had got himself that far over that I passed him without gaining any speed and thought leave it because I like my car so not a flash of lights or a sound of the horn. The next thing I know is this idiot is right behind me now with his front fogs on because he can, so I speeded up through the corners and gave myself some distance then pulled back in to the flow of traffic as there are a lot of speed cameras up this section of road. I then watched the Modeo accelerate and brake between the cameras as if he were in a race. I followed this guy for about 3 miles down a dual carriage way through lights and he set off from every red light like a nutter spinning his wheels and then I came to my exit to see him pushing a small red Fiesta down the road so they would get out of his way.

Why is it ****** like this breath let alone have cars and driving licenses, yes it is a Subaru Impreza, a rally bread machine capable of high speeds and quick cornering, so why have I not passed you in your Mondeo, Passat, A4, Golf GTI, Vectra, BMW 3, 5 series and Focus ??????

I CAN NOT BE ARSED AND I LIKE MY LICENSE SO P1SS OFF AND LEAVE ME ALONE YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE MAX POWER CLUB AT LEAST THEY OWN THERE CARS !!!!!!

Rant over,Darren

[This message has been edited by Darren Thompson (edited 02 February 2001).]
Old 02 February 2001, 01:37 PM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think you mean their, not there...
Old 02 February 2001, 01:40 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Wink

Ooh, picky - in that case, I think you meant Mondeo, not Modeo
Old 02 February 2001, 01:47 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

Sorry Darren - see a bandwagon and i'm buying a season ticket....
Old 02 February 2001, 01:48 PM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

Yes yes, and its rally bred, not rally bread.
If it was a rally bread machine, it would most lickely be the machine that makes the bread during rally's, and therefore no match for a Mondeo
Old 02 February 2001, 01:53 PM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

Sorry for taking the p darren - i agree completely with the point of your post

Old 02 February 2001, 02:02 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Hey - another bandwagon - so do I agree (I do actually, to quote Ali G from the Madonna "Music" video )
Old 02 February 2001, 02:03 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by IntegraR:
<B>Yes yes, and its rally bred, not rally bread.
If it was a rally bread machine, it would most lickely be the machine that makes the bread during rally's, and therefore no match for a Mondeo[/quote]

IntegraR
Is that likely not lickely

Old 02 February 2001, 02:04 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

Bak too the thred methinks......
Old 02 February 2001, 02:08 PM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

"Lickley: can be substituted as idiosincricy for likely, usually used in American English"
as quoted from the Cambridge Dictionary.
Um, just to stay on topic, I agree with what this topic was about, in case it wasnt about spotting as many incorrectly spelt words as possible.
Ooerr, guess the Cambridge Dictionary wouldnt spell idiowatsits incorrectly, think I blew my bluff.

[This message has been edited by IntegraR (edited 02 February 2001).]
Old 02 February 2001, 02:10 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

I agree M8. So we'll let idiosincricy go
Old 02 February 2001, 02:12 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Too late Honda laddie. Gotcha before you edited
Old 02 February 2001, 02:23 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Early morning and a bad day plus this morning woke up to find all the neighbors cars broken into due to there lack of security when will they go for mine? **** week **** day please take the **** all you like as I need cheering up.

Pissed Darren.

P.S Going to the Muppet forum now for ****s and giggles.
Old 02 February 2001, 04:43 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Maybe I should start a thread called "Pretend Rally Drivers and their Expensive Toys"

Regards
IanF
Vectra V6

[This message has been edited by IanF (edited 02 February 2001).]
Old 02 February 2001, 05:16 PM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

Uh oh, Vectra V6, rep mobile!!! we've been collared, everyone scatter, but for christ sakes stay off the road, the way these reps drive, they'll have involved you in an accident in seconds, so go by foot, and dont venture near the M25, aka RepsRoad.
Ian, Im sure you're not a bad driver, but you must admit, most of the rep mobile types can be a little dangerous, 8 hours on the road, mind on the next sale, wife on the cell phone, okay, I tend to generalise too much, but you know what I mean.
Old 02 February 2001, 05:54 PM
banshi
Scooby Regular

Darren, now we've fully utilised the spell checker. Which COMPANY CAR DID YOU NOT OWN?
Old 02 February 2001, 08:59 PM
IanF
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
M25 - graet trak, no offcial trackdays, but when its quiet, say Mndays 8.30 am (ish), you can usualy get a good run. Slipstreamin car in front also improves fuel consumpton, and hey, if theydon't move out of the way, you get the chance to see if your hedlamps are wrking.

Cellphones - pain in the a**e really, just as you are enjoying acup f coffee (can prove difficulton the bumpier sections of the M25, but speeding up usuall smooths out the bumps a bit), bloody cusomer phone up. Coffeeor the phone? Which one wins? Well, I'm a winner allround as I have pefected the art of steerng with my knees. Nearly had to spen bit of money on hans free kit, but the mony I have saved I can now spend on aHarrods suit hanger to hang my Burtons suit on.

Sorry bout disjointed nature and spelling of this messge, but it aint easy driving and typin at same time you know. I knew I should specced cruise control

Regards
IanF
Vectra V6 and proud of it.

P.S. Anyon want buy some stationery?
Old 02 February 2001, 09:01 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL
Old 02 February 2001, 09:44 PM
CLS
Scooby Regular

Cool

Are'nt reps wonderful,especially the one that cut me up on a roundabout on the A59 today by trying to straightline a roundabout on a dual carriageway at 20mph in a national speed limit area whilst chatting on his phone when I'd been alongside him for 30 or 40 yards. I need new brake pads anyway, well I do now and by the way you don't need your foglights on in broad daylight.
BMW's don't you just love them!!
Do BMW drivers have a BBS that I can visit?
Old 03 February 2001, 08:47 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Dear sirs,!

I was a rep for many a year selling stuff ranging from insurance through to that cling filmy stuff that goes aroud *** packets.

Now I must say that during those years I saw many a bizzare driving incident and yes sometimes I used to get pissed off with the odd driver here and there, and whats more I probably got up a few peoples noses.

I have an explaination for reps and their crap inconsiderate driving (In general)

They get up in the morning and think about their target, problem customer, how far the weekend is away, how far to drive to first appointment, how much of a T**at the boss is and where's the next sale?commission coming from.
All of the above are crap negative thoughts.
They then get into the car and they are now in control of the one and only thing that they are allowed to be. In here they can REALLY show the world who's boss and if the music is turned up really loud, they won't be disturbed by the phone!

The fleet manager is always a T*sser who believes that your next car should be a diesel Vectra/Mondeo/406 so to that end they fear that the precious petrol car will be taken from them at every opportunity.

In short, A sales rep is a very highly strung individual (They have to be)who needs things yesterday and wonders why he/she is always having to wait for everyone else. They will take you on in thier Mondeo regardless of wheather you have a Porsche, BM, Scooby or ferrari, It dont matter to them, solong as there is a possibility of winning.

I am not however excusing the bad/dangerous driving but just wanting to try and explain why these people are like they are.

A sales rep has more respect(!) for the top of the range/sporty version of thier own vehicle. i.e A rep with a diesel Mondeo will instinctivly not mess with a ST200 but will quite happily have a go at a Scooby!!!

Hope this wasn't too long, I'm of to record an album now wiv me band.

Seeya

Mikey
Old 03 February 2001, 10:53 AM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Gridlock Mikey:
<B>through to that cling filmy stuff that goes aroud *** packets.[/quote]

FINALLY! I've found the bloke responsible for me not being able to open my **** after 15 pints of lager!!!

Old 03 February 2001, 12:54 PM
Leigh
Scooby Regular

Quite right about Mondeo drivers! My mate's a rep who has a Mondeo Si, and he drives like an absolute nutter! I think of all sorts of excuses when he offers me a lift!
Old 03 February 2001, 01:19 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

I know the feeling darren, what i normally do with reps that sit 2 inches off the back of my van (yup, white van man! 2ltr diesel astra) is that nice stretch of road between the M56 and the M60 with the long sweeping corners, i leave them there!! they dont normally look at you when they pass you later on but its just sooooooo satisfying to show them that they have had their *** whooped by a diesel dog

Tony
Old 03 February 2001, 05:41 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Stuart H:
<B> FINALLY! I've found the bloke responsible for me not being able to open my **** after 15 pints of lager!!!

[/quote]

Stuart
It's when you are in the bog and find you can't open your flies after 15 pints of lager you're in trouble

Old 04 February 2001, 05:02 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Angry

Darren,

U hit it on the head (flamesuit on) the Coathanger man of this world is an ar5eh0le.

BMW`s r the worst When goin up2 the SIDC meet in Perth last week on the dual carrageway I had a **** in an M3 tryin 2 slipstream me. I got fedup of him playin catchup an slowed down 2 let him pass. Off he went givin it all. I`ll tell u i almost p155ed myself when his backend stepped out a bit as we took the corner @ the bridge.
I`ll bet he now knows AWD rox an RWD sux

Pete
Old 06 February 2001, 01:38 PM
MattOz
Scooby Regular

Cool

Darren,

You probably haven't passed me because my 3 series is a diesel! LOL

Matt
Old 06 February 2001, 01:50 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by teknopete:
<B>I`ll bet he now knows AWD rox an RWD sux [/quote]

Thank you very much m8.
Old 06 February 2001, 02:01 PM
Richard F
Scooby Regular

Ha! AWD has been waiting for someone to post something like that for ages
Old 07 February 2001, 07:36 PM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Yeah Rich, I suppose a big duh is in order I was only runnin in 1st when I posted it, check the time

Pete