new

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2009, 12:36 AM
huggybear/shadow
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new

Hi scooby nuts
i am in the process of selling my car,and im looking to buy a scooby now i do like these cars,but i do have a few freinds telling me not to buy as thay can be to much money to run and maintain,but i always say look after your car and it will look after you.
so wot im asking is?
1. are these cars hard to keep and maintain?
2.If i do go for one should i go for a wrx or sti?
3.uk or import
4.i think i would like a standered as i can do wot i want to the engine in my own time,or should i get a tunned one to save me the trouble.
5.wots cheaper to insure sti or wrx?
6. now im a old fart of 30 odd so any reccomendation for good insurers.
Now the car im going to sell is a 300zx 3litre v6 which i know is a high maintainance car,so im just asking would a scooby be harder to maintain?
any advice to my ?s would be greatful.
Old 23 March 2009, 09:51 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Before I bought my first Impreza everyone told me it would blow up/get stolen/cost millions to run only one of them turned out to be true that being the cost.
so in answer to your questions, and there are much more informed people on here that will be able to expand but.....
1, Service intervals are more regular than you average car, about £300 - £400 for a service ( in my experience), Clutch and tyre expenses are also something worth considering.
2, If you have the cash for a good condition/history STi my advice would be that, but if your budget will get you a slightly dodgy STi or a clean WRX go for the WRX, dont get seduced by the badge.
3, More likely to get a good history with a UK car but dont discount imports, lots of nice ones about, many of them are owned by members here.
4, My advice would be buy standard ish as all the work you carry out you will be able to vouch for.
5, WRX cheaper to insure.
6, A plan seem to be knocking out some good quotes these days, if your not fussy about the service Elephant are good. And I hear a lot of good things about keith michael too.

Hope that helps.
Old 23 March 2009, 02:16 PM
huggybear/shadow
Scooby Newbie

Default advice

Originally Posted by Timwinner
Before I bought my first Impreza everyone told me it would blow up/get stolen/cost millions to run only one of them turned out to be true that being the cost.
so in answer to your questions, and there are much more informed people on here that will be able to expand but.....
1, Service intervals are more regular than you average car, about £300 - £400 for a service ( in my experience), Clutch and tyre expenses are also something worth considering.
2, If you have the cash for a good condition/history STi my advice would be that, but if your budget will get you a slightly dodgy STi or a clean WRX go for the WRX, dont get seduced by the badge.
3, More likely to get a good history with a UK car but dont discount imports, lots of nice ones about, many of them are owned by members here.
4, My advice would be buy standard ish as all the work you carry out you will be able to vouch for.
5, WRX cheaper to insure.
6, A plan seem to be knocking out some good quotes these days, if your not fussy about the service Elephant are good. And I hear a lot of good things about keith michael too.

Hope that helps.
Hi ther thanks for the advice fill a wee bit better in wot im going to do
Old 23 March 2009, 06:10 PM
huggybear/shadow
Scooby Newbie

Default any more

Just like to say if there is any more help or adive i could get i would greatfull