Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2001, 12:54 AM
tokyo_steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in the exact same aituation. I was cautioned for not presenting the license with the rest of the docs. Then when the real licence came back I called the officer who stopped me (for the crime of driving) to tell him that I could show the licence with the correct dates,etc. He said he didn't want to inspect it and would not press charges for me not presenting the licence (i.e can't be **** but he'd caused me some trouble so he was happy).

Should it get to court you would be laughed out of the place.

Steve
Old 07 February 2001, 08:39 AM
S600BYY
Scooby Regular

Angry

monday morning about 1/2 an hour after i had posted my driving licence application(form and photo(as i had posted my paper licence about 3 weeks previousley but have to have a photo one))to dvla to change my address i was stopped by pc plod for doing 35mph in a 30 limit (i know i know).
my predicament is i went to the cop shop to produce my documents minus licence but with a letter from dvla to say they had recieved my licence but needed to fill in a form and send a photo for one of these poxy card licences.
but plod said he couldn't accept this and i had to produce my licence to him within 7 days or proceedings would be started to take me to court for failing to show my licence.
now i have phoned the dvla and they said they would try and rush it through but couldn't promise any thing.
so if my licence isn't here by monday what do i do to stay out of court and not get extra points on my licence i don't deserve????? qualified answers only please

S600BYY
Old 07 February 2001, 09:29 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Only an idea if it does get as far as court, which I hope it doesn't. When you get your new style licence back the DVLA will have an issue date for it and this should prove that your original documents were with them when you needed to produce them at the local police station.

Only an idea....but it's their system they don't appear to understand

Yex
Old 07 February 2001, 09:33 AM
Paul M
Scooby Regular

Sounds like in this case, plods being an ****, it's a legal requirement to send youre license back to the DVLA to change ure address, a fine can be impossed if u dont, so plod cant do a thing, youve complied fully and explained the situation. When you do recive your license back take it to the plod station with envelope and everything should be cool.
paul M
Old 07 February 2001, 09:43 AM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

They <I>can</I> give you a 7 day extension to produce. Ask to see the shift Sergeant and explain to him/her what the situation is regarding your licence. Point out that you are complying with the requirement to notify the DVLA of any change of address (take your other documents with you), hopefully that'll sort it all out.

[This message has been edited by Stuart H (edited 07 February 2001).]
Old 07 February 2001, 11:35 AM
S600BYY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

thanks chaps i will just have to keep my fingers crossed.stuart the officer at the station said if it was an ordinary producer he could givg me an extension but he said as it is a offence notice it was out of his control his exact words were the clock is ticking and he isn't farther time.
incedentley the officer who stopped me said i would be able to get an extension after i told him i didn't have my licence but at the station they said he was wrong

S600BYY
Old 07 February 2001, 01:00 PM
firefox
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem once...

My license got stolen (house got broken into). While I was waiting for a replacement, I got a producer..

Went to the station... explained... they wouldnt have it..and threatened my with court action (muppets).

Eventually after I spoke to the desk sergeant and got him to check with the case officer guy for my break-in, he confirmed my license was listed as a stolen item..and eventually they let me off... go figure.. lol

J.