Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who do you think are the worst drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2002, 10:37 PM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me... BMW X5 Drivers and Peugeot Drivers.

Why X5?

Friday night, heading towards Chigwell on the M25 and reach the bit where all of the roadworks are (J25ish, 50mph limit, speed camera's, only two lanes etc).

I am in the outside lane because there is nowhere else to go, a Ford Ka is just in front on me on the inside lane.

1. BMW X5 comes screaming up behind me ( I braced for impact ) and flashes headlights manically. I can't move so slow down a tad and give him a blast of my rear fogs on (like get a life tw@t).

What does he do next?

He swings *violently* into the inside lane and floors it, remember that there is no gap between me and the Ka, he starts to swing into me, causing me to brake really hard (if I didn't he would have trashed all of us - no doubt about it) - could have been a real mess if there was something else behind me.

Furqing w@nker He then was subjected to full PIAA main-beam treatment for about 30 seconds, which I hope he/she enjoyed...

Icing on the cake? I think he/she got caught by a speed camera

2. Today, heading down the Fosse Way toward Gaydon. Not sure if you know the road but there are some fairly blind uphill bends etc. Anyway, there is a Citreon, a BMW X5 prickmobile and me, all nicely tootling along. The X5 decides it's wise (in driving rain with cr@p visibility) to overtake the Citreon going uphill around a left-hand band. He *just* missed an oncoming car.

What is it with these tossers, do they think they are invincible?

Why Peugeot?

Just, thats why (couple of reasons, most notably that a mate has got a 306 S16 + Magnex exhaust and is convinced it will kill an Impreza (hmm) and my other half has a 106, it winds her up )

What experiences have you had that have made you *really* mad?

M
Old 24 February 2002, 10:39 PM
PJS774T
Scooby Regular

17 year olds that have borrowed their daddies Scooby.
I about got killed due to one of the above yesterday
Old 24 February 2002, 10:41 PM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

oh dear... bad news! I think that there should be a law against letting children (which is, lets face it, what they are) drive powerful cars.

Old 24 February 2002, 10:41 PM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Anyone named colin or shaun me thinks.

[Edited by sasman - 2/24/2002 10:43:24 PM]
Old 24 February 2002, 10:43 PM
Nigel H
Scooby Regular

Audi TTs have been responsible for the most dangerous driving I've seen recently.

I also hate the 43mph everywhere Fiesta drivers.

I could go on...
Old 24 February 2002, 10:49 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Of course i've never met an Impreza head on in a blind corner.
Or been tailgated by an Evo.
Why label drivers by their car, there's tw@ts in every vehicle

[Edited by bug-eyed wonder - 2/24/2002 10:50:53 PM]
LeeMac
Scooby Regular

This one gets on my nerves:-
Why is it when your on a roundabout and you pass a turn off and you move one lane across (to come off at the next) but the car next to you dosent and starts shaking thier head at you.
Winds me up that one

mattski2
Scooby Regular

hmm, TT's - I thought that they where all driven by 'Swiss Tony's'?

Audi TT - The Hairdressers choice / feminine crap

Good suggestion, although X5 drivers are definately the new king of tw@tland imho.

M
Old 24 February 2002, 11:19 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Oh great I like these threads.

Here's my list:-

Discovery drivers - they're driving a tractor so why don't they realise it and stop driving like *********!
Drivers of all other agricultural 4x4's (particularly those stupid Suzuki Jimmy's)
X5 drivers
BMW 316/318 drivers (All of them - no exceptions)
MPV drivers - they bought an MPV so they've no interest in driving!
Volvo drivers - all of them - no exceptions
Anyone with a flat cap/picnic rug/smoking a pipe
Anyone with a baby on Board sticker - they seem to pay no attention to the road
Laguna drivers - no real reason, but they must be cretinous to by the overly complicated French sh1tbox in the first place.

Will that do?

Regards,

tiggers.
Old 24 February 2002, 11:21 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

The closest I have ever been to an accident caused by another driver, was a Lincolnshire Police traffic car over taking a car and caravan on a blind bend almost hitting me head on. Needless to say the emergency room got a very sweary phonecall.
Old 24 February 2002, 11:28 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

For me, it has to be Toyota Avensis drivers, they always try to cut me up/burn me up (as if ). Absolute ****.

Although (being a bugger), in response to a previous post, I remember a day helping a friend who was working at Avis shifting cars about around Aberdeen Airport, out of the Clios/Astras/Vectras/Protons/Corsas/Omegas/rental hum-drum/etc, absolutely postively the old shape Laguna was the *nicest* car I drove. Very impressed - that's a hard thing to say as I generally dislike Renaults.
Old 25 February 2002, 09:42 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

While we are doing sweeping generalisation I feel I must add that all people called Mattski2 who think they are perfect and make sweeping generalisations about others really get on my ****

Seriously though, Renult Clios in Belfast seem to come with one way mirror reflective windows. Unfortunately these have all been fitted the wrong way round. I've had a bike and 2 cars wiped out by Clio drivers pulling really stupid moves. I think the reason is that with our extortionate insurance, and the free insurance for 17-70 year olds that was being sold with Clios for a number of years, the only way someone with no NCB and no experience can run a car is to buy a Clio....

p.s. - Calm down Mattski2 - I'm only kidding
Old 25 February 2002, 09:48 AM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

lol, finally - someone else have also realised my 'perfectness' !

You would have also started the thread if some tw@t in an X5 nearly caused the death of your motor and possibly you... sigh. Besides, it does us good to pick on them once in a while

no offence taken btw...

M
Old 25 February 2002, 09:50 AM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Great.... another stereotyping thread.....

[Edited by kelvin - 2/25/2002 9:51:17 AM]
Old 25 February 2002, 10:00 AM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

another stereotyping thread? hmm, are you *seriously* telling me that you don't have run-ins or observe crap driving by drivers of a particular type of car/van ? If not then I suggest that you open your eyes mate because it's a fact of life.

Granted, there are bad drivers of every type of car (not disputing that), some just seem more adept at being tw@ts than others.

M
Old 25 February 2002, 10:14 AM
tonyk
Scooby Newbie

Who do I think are bad drivers?

Easy the people that think they are brillant drivers.
Old 25 February 2002, 10:20 AM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

My Grandad
POLICE PLZ TAKE HIS LICENCE AWAY!

I hate saying it but he is soooo dangerous

other than that...
me I suppose but too be honest not seen too many examples of bad driving for quite a while.
Old 25 February 2002, 10:33 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Angry

Anyone who doesn't use their indicators, just really annoys me at roundabouts [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Oh, and people who sit 3 inches from the back of the car (although that can be easily remeded in Scoob Speed limit allowing and all...)

Jen
Old 25 February 2002, 10:53 AM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

not using indicators is a good-un! or... worse still, indicating one way and going the other ...grrrr
Old 25 February 2002, 11:11 AM
EvoRSX
Scooby Regular

Gotta be scooby drivers who think they have the greatest car ever known to mankind and can keep up with anything else on the road

Andy
Old 25 February 2002, 11:12 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

On the M1 this morning as some unearthly hour and there is someone sat in the middle lane in a Carina so I did my usual... from inside to outside lane passing about a car length behind him and the same across the front...
He then flashed his lights at me!!! about 1miles further I meet a lorry in inside lane and the tw*t in the Carina has sped up and been sitting next to me in the middle lane... after a flashing session on his lights... which is easily ignored when you have dark tint on rear screen.
So I just put my toe down and accelerate out in front of him...
So he flashes his lights again and speeds up at which point (I know I shouldn't have) I had had enough and decide to return to the speedlimit by a brake test... he then pulls out in the outside lane to go past and I press the loud pedal and he is another spec now sat in the outside lane..
Rant over...

I just hate lane hoggers especially the ones that sit in the outside lane and move over when you flash them lots and then move back out once you have gone past despite the other two lanes being empty...

Also when you are overtaking in the outside lane and someone treats you like you are hogging the outside lane for no reason..
I cannot move over because I am passing traffic in the middle lane here... ? not slowly passing them either... the first gap in the middle lane big enough (10 car lengths) and I'll be over...just because you are doing 120mph doesn't mean everyone else should slow down and move to the middle lane... and flash your lights one more time and I'll be going a lot slower!

Rant over...

I don't find it is particularly one type of car... just one types of driver..
Old 25 February 2002, 11:17 AM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

here we go again ... sigh what about middle-lane drivers who go about 60mph and refuse to move?

I could have killed my other half a while ago... she's normally pretty timid in the driving sense (don't think her car has even seen 6000rpm!) - anyway, we were behind someone on the motorway and needed to get past, she gave them a bit of time so they would move ... they didn't! The next bit shocked me... my other half floored her 106 and went right up behind them, swung out and cut them up!!! silly c0w!

I think middle lane drivers wind her up !

M

[Edited by mattski2 - 2/25/2002 11:22:57 AM]
Old 25 February 2002, 11:26 AM
EvoRSX
Scooby Regular

Matt,
Seemed to be the in-topic at the moment so I thought I'd post it

On a more serious note though, drivers that sit in the middle lane do it for me and also the ones that decide to sit with their foglights on in perfectly normal weather (seems to be Saxos mainly). Then you go for old people who take their cars out on Sundays and don't bother driving at more than 30 mph wherever they are. Once had an old bloke driving towards me on the wrong side of a dual carrigeway and that was scary. Mad thing was that he didn't seem at all bothered by the fact he was on the wrong side of the road!!!!
I think that about sums it all up

Andy
Old 25 February 2002, 11:40 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

You've missed some of the biggest culprits.....

MPV's

These are usually driven in an terrible manor, mostly on the motorway. Ford Galaxys seem to be some of the worst........
Old 25 February 2002, 11:47 AM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

heh, good thread... keep it up guys !

O.K... examples of old-bloke syndrome.

Example 1.
My nextdoor neighbour took 9 hours to get from Coventry to Bournemouth!!!! (no, not because of traffic, probably because he drives at 40-odd mph on the motorway).

Example 2.
Same guy... I get to the shops in the village on the way back from work (about 1 mile away from home) and stop off. Nextdoor neighbor is getting into his car. I go to the shop, potter around a bit and go home. I beat him home!!! I kid you not, he should be hung-drawn and quartered.

Thing is, people like him are not safe drivers, they are a furqing pain in the **** and are dangerous.

M
Old 25 February 2002, 11:49 AM
Jerry B
Scooby Regular

Got to go with bug-eyed, kelvin and tonyk. Will gladly put myself in that category when driving aggressively too.

Subaru drivers are not exempt by any means.
Matt, I think you need to open your mind mate.
Old 25 February 2002, 11:54 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Problem being slow drivers (by which I mean driving very slowly for the road conditions, not just around the speed limit before you all think I'm a boy racer! ) get people annoyed and hense encourage (some) people to do stupid things such as overtaking in dangerous areas...big problems.

rant mode on/ Oh, and left hand drive lorry drivers who don't look properly on the motorway. Had my Corsa (and almost me, saved by the towbar!) destroyed on the M1 18 months ago due to a guy not checking properly (he could see me, I was half infront of his lorry). Almost had the replacemtn corsa taken out a few months later, but I anticpated his movements and used the brakes!! Needless to say now I move out two lanes if I can and *never* sit alongside them... /rant mode off

Any more awful things or is that just about it?!

Jen
Old 25 February 2002, 11:55 AM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

did I ever say they weren't included? read the thread at least... That thing the guy did on friday I would *NEVER* have done, even when driving 'aggresively'.

If it happens to you then maybe you will understand why the thread was started.

Matt.
Old 25 February 2002, 11:56 AM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hey, no-one's mentioned all the boy-racers in their have-a-go Saxo's! Can't remember the last time I was driving along without one of these **** sitting on my bumper and trying to race me. Personally, I hold Driven responsible for this...

Still, as someone said before, the loud pedal usually helps...
Old 25 February 2002, 11:58 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Have to agree Scooby drivers arn't exempt, but I think most people are just talking about bad things we do. I've certainly been a muppet when the "red mist" comes down, but if you recongise it then you can try to calm down

Saw a scooby driver overtake on a blind bend the other day, slowed right down going around the corner expecting there to be a large accident, lucky b*stard got away with it...

Jen

Quick Reply: Who do you think are the worst drivers?