Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying new WRX

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2002, 09:17 PM
HOBO
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi to all at ScoobyNet, I need advice on the best place to buy a new WRX. Has anyone had any dealings with Bentlys of Sheffield as they are flogging them for £18000. Any advice would be great. Cheers!
Old 18 February 2002, 09:48 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hiya - post a message for WRX Bob - he's getting his from Bentleys for the 1st March. Importing mine direct from Belgium. Potentially even bigger saving, but you have to factor in the cost of collection and currency fluctuations.
Old 18 February 2002, 10:31 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Hiya

Yeah I'm getting mine from Bentleys very soon
My business partner is also getting one at the same time...

So far I've found them to be good, will be able to tell you more when we actually get them!
Another guy on here (GrahamWRX) picked his up from Bentley's about a week ago...see thread

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...ThreadID=71269

He found them to be very good

I think if you order now, it will take ~3months to arrive

I'm calling in to Bentley's tomorrow so I'll check on delivery times for you and post them on here tomorrow night.

Anything else you wanna know just email me

I see your from Rotherham...
I'm originally from Rotherham too, and my business partner still lives there, I'm 10-15 miles out now.

Cheers

BOB
Old 19 February 2002, 08:52 AM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Bob,

Collecting mine beginning of March - we'll all have to meet up some time and swap 'running in' stories.

Cheers, Harry.
Old 19 February 2002, 09:00 AM
BL
Scooby Regular

Mines coming in the same time too.
Old 19 February 2002, 11:36 AM
gibbo_ireland
Scooby Regular

Harry Boy - Could you pass me on any details you have please i.e. address/ph no of where you are getting your WRX in Belgium as I am very interested in doing the same.

Any help appreciated.
Old 19 February 2002, 12:58 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Gibbo - ring Alain Knockaert at

Garage Knockaert
Subaru Ypres in Belgium.
Tel : 0032-57-20.20.66
Fax : 0032-57-21.61.98
E-mail : knockaert.gar@pandora.be

Very highly recommended! The editor of the Car Import Guide suggested I try him. Say Chris in England sent you!
Old 19 February 2002, 01:06 PM
M8TT J
Scooby Regular

I saw some for sale for £17,995 at Tins..which is a trade sales type place in High Wycombe, never dealt with them before but they have 3 for sale on there forecourt...could be worth a look in..
Old 19 February 2002, 01:07 PM
gibbo_ireland
Scooby Regular

Harry-Boy - done a little checking on sites about this dealer, and they are doing for £15,546. If that is Excl Vat, then to import it into the UK adds another 17.5% bringing the total cost of the car up to £18,266.

Does that sound right to you?
Old 19 February 2002, 02:01 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Mate - sounds like it should be including VAT, for a four door. Depends on the exchange rate, but try for about 21,500 Euros, plus VAT. Give him a ring, I've spoken to him earlier today!
Old 19 February 2002, 03:29 PM
gibbo_ireland
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Harry Boy - you dont show your email address, so maybe youd mail me and we could continue this offline.

I rang them and got the 21,319EUR price tag, and just wanted to see what your experiences of them are like, before I hand over hard earned cash.

Think Im gonna put some business their way though!
Old 19 February 2002, 03:43 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Mate, mail me at chris@pinkelephantpr.com
Old 19 February 2002, 05:59 PM
shippd
Scooby Regular

Trade Sales, car supermarket in Slough, often has them in stock for under 18000. We bought our Alfa 156 s/wagon from them with similar savings.

I saw a reference to tins.co.uk. They've just opened a new branch in Reading and they had one there for 17999. I see they are owned by a large dealer group so should have some sort of reputation to protect
Old 19 February 2002, 06:39 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Where are Trade Sales sourcing from? I'd heard a rumour they were from Cyprus, and therefore definitely not EU imports....
Old 19 February 2002, 08:20 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Hi all

Been up to Bentley's today, my car is "in transit" so could be at the garage any time now

The car is coming from Holland not Belgium, but if I remember correct, the Dutch cars and Belgium cars come from the same source (Benelux ????)or somewhere?

They had a new silver WRX with the Morrettes fitted(just like mine)which looked real cool it was for some other guy thats picking it up March 1st - looks like there's gonna be quite a few in my area come March.

Bentley's current price is &17995 on the road, thats including everything (VAT, road tax, Cat1 Sigma alarm system etc)

Seem's they are very busy, for the WRX they are quoting 4-5months for delivery.
Been speaking to the General manager, ALL their new cars are Euro imports...and they have LOADS of them, all different makes and models, they've got transporters coming in all the time.

Just waiting for the phone call to say its arrived so I go "play" with my new car...

BOB
Old 19 February 2002, 08:27 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

WRXBob,

I thought you were picking YOURS up March 1st ? Seems funny it ain't arrived yet, less than 2 weeks to go
Hope it arrives soon for you M8. Mine not arrived at main dealer yet either, I am told all the UK supplied cars are having Cat 1 alarms fitted in Guildford for March 1st delivery (cutting it a bit fine IMHO )

Yorkie
Old 19 February 2002, 08:44 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Yeah thats just what I thought

When we ordered the cars (28/08/01) we could have had them for late January, but my business partner wasnt going to have his untill his birthday in Feb, then we thought, **** it, make it March 1st, with waiting from last Aug, a few more weeks aint gonna hurt, and we get to have the newer plate, which must have an effect on resale value.Plus I get to have my cool reg plate

Bentley's reckon the cars will be probably be there for this Thursday...I hope so!

Cheers

BOB

ps. All the local guy's getting the MY02's should have a mini meet some time in March. What do you think?
Old 19 February 2002, 08:44 PM
evo5uk
Scooby Regular

Where do the alarms get fitted in Guildford?? Not many alarm dealers around in Guildford!
Old 19 February 2002, 08:48 PM
HOBO
Scooby Newbie

WRXBob,

Did you see any nearly new WRX's at Bentlys, dont think I can wait 5 month for a new one.
Old 19 February 2002, 09:07 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

HOBO

Yeah they had a few in, didnt bother looking at them as I only got eyes for my baby - its been a long labour, but the water's have broken and delivery is expected very soon!

I remember seeing 'old' shape and 'new' shape ones. One 'X' plate had SOLD on the screen so no price, the only one I noticed the price of was a 'Y' plate MY01 in WR Blue with gold wheels as I was leaving, the screen price was £17995 - which is the same price as a new import

I know what I'd do !

BOB

Old 19 February 2002, 09:09 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Bob - excellent idea to have a mini-meet! Mine's already at the dealers in Belgium. Popping over to collect, then register in time for the 02 plate. One of the advantages of buying from an importer like you have is that you get the Cat 1 fitted beforehand. Mine's stopping off for some serious security en route.

Surprised Bentley's have taken so long to get the car over here. Mine was ordered mid-September, and arrived in Belgium at the end of January.

Chhers, harry.

PS. When we've all got our new 'uns, let's definitely meet up. I'll take the photos!
Old 20 February 2002, 10:26 AM
shippd
Scooby Regular

Harry_boy -

re: Trade Sales, I don't know where they source their Imprezas; our Alfa came from Germany (it would be amusing if they sourced VWs from Italy !) and some friends bought a Punto & a Ka which also came from northern Europe/EU. Even if from Cyprus, could presumably still be UK-spec ??
Old 20 February 2002, 10:33 AM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Mate - not too sure... Cars sourced from Cyprus tend to be frowned upon when it comes to trade in time. I understand there are some anomalies in trim and spec. "Buy carefully" is the motto, I think.
Old 20 February 2002, 10:36 AM
Bigmoose
Scooby Newbie

Exclamation

Auto Europ (Importers) had a couple of new WRXs on sale for £16.5k at the weekend. That includes VAT
Old 20 February 2002, 11:00 AM
gibbo_ireland
Scooby Regular

Bigmoose - got a URL or details of them?
Old 20 February 2002, 11:47 AM
BL
Scooby Regular

Harry

What alarm system are you fitting??? Still debating whether to fit a Clifford or Sigma on mine.
Old 20 February 2002, 01:07 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi BL - Clifford - from Max in Leeds. Let me know if you need the contact info Mate.
Old 20 February 2002, 01:21 PM
FreeT
Scooby Regular

gibbo_ireland : i found this http://www.autoeurop.co.uk/import.html but cant see any scoobys - maybe just fast turnover - and no wonder at that price if it is all uk and legit.

Old 20 February 2002, 05:13 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Harry,

NO problem with Bentley's.

When we placed the order with Bentley's we were told we could take delivery in Jan '02. We decided to wait 'till March 1st for the later reg plate. That was OUR decision not Bentley's. And we didnt want the cars to be parked up from Jan-to-March as anything could have happened to them.
So Bentley's have tried to work it for us so that the cars arrive "just in time" for March 1st delivery.
We know that people who ordered after us have already got there cars, its not a problem. We were prepaid to wait that little bit longer.
Bentley's have a brand new silver WRX with morrettes fitted parked there waiting for its owner to collect on March 1st... we were looking all over it, sorry, DROOLING all over it
But I wouldnt want people doing the same to mine...call me fussy if you like, but its what I want.

A bit of a long winded post but I didn't want people to get the wrong impression of Bentley's - Have been very pleased with their customer service so far

I'm up for a mini meet...just need to sort out a time and place... And I'll bring my digi camera as well.
Don't know if it would be of any use, but I will have a 1500sqft modern industrial unit vacant by mid to late March.The lease doesn't expire untill July but will be empty as it's surplus to the requirements of our business. We could all get our cars inside out of the rain and polish them
It was just a thought...not been to a meet before so don't know what goes off...but most I've heard of always involved a pub!!!!

Cheers

BOB
Old 20 February 2002, 05:45 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the post Mate - I very nearly bought from Bentleys, and I agree that they provide excellent service - I'm with you in that it's wise to keep your pride & joy away from sticky fingers in the showroom. JIT is definitely the way to go, especially as you can't legitimately use it until March anyway.

An industrial unit sounds like a fascinating venue. It's the sort of place that Car Magazine takes its Top Tens to, for their own brand of moody, coffee table art style photography. I'd certainly like to have a go a perfecting my photography on a posse of new WRXs!!!

Seriously, let's get it organised when we Northerners have our cars....

Quick Reply: Buying new WRX