new shape - any paint issues.....?

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2002, 10:16 PM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Just some advise please

Fingers crossed in a few months I will have managed to bag myself a new WRX. I was looking through some piccies and I wondered what colour I would plump for. At the top of my list at the moment are black, silver and both blues - but would still consider other colours. Although I think the black ones look fantastic, judging by some of the pictures I have seen here on Soobynet, so that is my present 'number one'

I was just wondering if there were any issues with the paint on the impreza as a whole, or any of the individuals themselves. For example, are any paints particulalry soft, prone to showing scratches, impossible to keep a shine on, hard to match (eg spoilers) etc....

Also, would it be recommended to have the paint treated in some way? My present car has 'Amazing Glaze' which gives a pretty decent finish.

Any thoughts or past experiences would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure some of you will anyway , so any opinions on the colours themselves would be well received too

Cheers in advance,

John

Old 17 February 2002, 10:22 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John
When you go to look at the new cars, don't be put off by the fact that ALL the cars are spayed in dark blue under the bonnet, I can't believe it in this day and age, but it would appear that they paint all the cars dark blue, and then decide what colour to put on top.
It makes them all look as though they've been bent and re-sprayed.
Ron
Old 18 February 2002, 12:02 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers, Ron.

Thats very odd, isnt it...I didn't know that.

Just out of interest, my top choice (black) has now slipped down to number two - WR Blue has taken top spot. I'm always like this with car colours, and I have a feeling it will be like that till I have one on my drive (and thinking about it, well after then, too!!)

John