Sponsored by:

drivability...classic v newage

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2008, 03:22 PM
330dan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drivability...classic v newage

hi i know its been asked a million times before and i dont want to start the age old classic vs newage arguement BUT....having driven a classic sti prodrive years ago and loved it, and distinctly remember it feeling very lightweight.....will a newage (blob or hawk) feel heavy? has anyone got bought a newage and been disappointed with this after driving a classic?

also - a bit off topic, did they not do white UK spec blob eyes?? can only seem to find JDM spec white blobs.

Cheers
Old 21 November 2008, 04:10 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

My newage does feel a bit heavy, its a bit clumsy, it doesnt give you a really positive feel from the road but (and I know this sounds stupid) when I drive it, it has a charm and personality that make me happy I have one.

Its not as much of an out and out speed machine but it tests your driving and puts a massive smile on your face.
Old 21 November 2008, 04:20 PM
Bicco
Scooby Regular

I owned a Classic type R previously, and although it did feel more nimble, my Blob actually pleasntly suprised me as I find it feels lighter than it is/looks. Park it next to an Astra Coupe and you`ll realise they aren`t actually that big of a car.

I don`t think there was a UK white Blob, yet to find one anyways, Don`t discount the JDM though, few nice extras over the UK and better enigne spec to start with. My insurance is no higher at all than a UK.
Old 21 November 2008, 04:25 PM
S3TH
Scooby Regular

Well i went from a classic with KYB AGX adjustable shocks and a most of the whiteline catalogue to standard newage STi and incredibly dissapointed.

Although I think with some minor chassis mods it could be greatly improved. nothing is going to shed that extra 200kg of weight though.
Old 21 November 2008, 05:55 PM
Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I,ve just sold my 2006 Spec C and bought a V3 TYPE R and i have to say after picking it up today the car feels/drives superb, yes the Spec C was pin-sharp also and responsive etc but i have to say this V3 is more of a hoot to drive, it has a V34 Turbo, Motec M800, EXE-TC Fast road coilovers,droplinks,adjustable anti-roll bar bla bla @ 330bhp and 331ft/lb and i,m over the moon, plus 10k in the bank from my Spec C sale..

NOW THIS IS JUST MY OPINION REMEMBER, i,m not saying the new-age cars, especially the Spec C aren,t as good, i just prefer the feel/feedback of THIS car...