Sponsored by:

Random experiences whilst in the Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2008, 12:20 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Random experiences whilst in the Scooby

I thought I'd start a thread about random or unusual things happening whilst you've be out in the Scoob !

Probably told this one before, but:

I was sitting outside a Sparr .. actually on double yellows .. Around my 25 birthday as we where buying ale for a party. I'm about average build with a skin head .. sitting next to me was a 19 stone black guy .. nicest guy you'll ever meet .. good mate of mine and in the back were two of my mates .. and one was in the shop ..

So I'd imagine we look like well .. chavs to be honest ... Along comes a copper .. walking .. I can see him looking at my car .. he walks along side and then stops and comes back .. knocks on the window .. and asks me how much I paid for it .. I said about 7k .. he said Nice and walked off ....
Old 21 November 2008, 12:31 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

similiar experience

pulling onto the m25 at J9 -- not had the car long and it was late and dark about 10pm

coz it was the summr I had never driven it in the dark b4 and whilst fiddling with the lights i had turned on the rear fogs

anyway police car behind me, proper 5 series traffic car -- all the lights come on -- i pull over

copper walks up and politely tells me my fog lights are on --- thats all he wanted to say -- i started to engage him in inane converstation about not having the car long blah blah -- whilst my brain was saying "get the f&ck out of here -- he is not bothered"
Old 21 November 2008, 12:53 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being shown the finger by some random person in oncoming traffic. Why? I have no idea as this was over 100 miles away from homes.

Guess he didn't like Scooby drivers.
Old 21 November 2008, 01:12 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

I was travelling down the M4 when a guy in a BMW joined the motorway, I politely moved into lane 2 to let him join, he pulled up along side of me laughed and sped off. I laughed back and let him go. Muppet.

Another time I was in a line of cars in lane 3 when a ferrari pulled up along side of me looked over and dropped down 2 cogs and took off in any lane he could find a gap. Another muppet.

Still its nice to know my Impreza can provoke that sort of response. I like argy bargy
Old 21 November 2008, 01:22 PM
TomR555
Scooby Regular

Had the same thing one night last week,some chap pulls up next to me at the lights in a white 08 plate Maserati Gran Torismo looked at me and started reving the car like mad,y would you do that in a motor like that
Old 21 November 2008, 01:50 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Sitting in a traffic queue to a traffic light...

Some old fella sitting as a bus stop says to me through my open window:

'I don't like your car'.

I don't even get a chance to reply before he shouts out:

'I love it!!'

Old 21 November 2008, 02:28 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Weird how people respond to the scooby
Old 21 November 2008, 02:32 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

funny thread this. Around my way I get plenty of people in their corsas, fords etc all trying to provoke me into a race. quite funny when someone in a P reg laguna wants to race you, I mean what is going through their head

however most random experience I have had was a few weeks ago, going to my mums house one evening to take the dog out for a walk as she was on holiday, I will admit I was a bit spirited through the lanes around the back of the house, but its a national speed limit which I adhere to and just had some fun. I pulled onto my mums road, now I think my mistake was accelerating a bit quick up to the limit, as this guy walks out into the road just after the junction and starts jumping up and down, waving a big chain and shouting at me, I had to swerve to miss him so I beeped my horn at him. I drove down the road and had a funny feeling that he had watched me, and seen my lights turn into my mums house.
No wonder then 10 minutes later the security light goes on and sure enough hes walking down the drive with a big rotty or similar. I think hes going to smash my car but doesn't, so I open the door and he launches into a rage about 'people like you' and effin this and effin that and that I'm guilty for killing his sister etc etc
When he takes a pause for breath I calmy ask him if hes finished, he looks at me a bit blankly so I say thank you and goodbye and close the door, he walks off. I admit my heart was going at a rate of knots as I was on my own in this house. What a havn't seen him since but I keep an eye out for him and thought I'd give him a wave next time I see him

the next installment is that the son of a woman who works in the same office as my girlfriend had a problem with a guy in their street, always arguing over parking etc. Ended up with her son taking this guy to court after he headbutted her son wearing a full face crash helmet. This guy then moved to the village where my mum lives. Coincidence or what

sorry its a bit of a long one, and not the most funny story but it rates as the most random experience that I have had so far in 10 months of scooby ownership
Old 21 November 2008, 02:50 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Parked up out side a post office and a OAP gets in and says "how much to go to town from here" look at him like you what and then realise he thinks I am a taxi. So i replied politely that he is mistaken and I am not a taxi Must be down to the colour scheme

Banny
Old 21 November 2008, 02:51 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

I think some people forget that we are allowed to accelerate up the speed limit as quick as we like.

Last year I pulled into a side road near where I work and there was a police community support officer walking towards me down a narrow pavement on my side of the road about 50ft from the junction.

I didn't notice him at straight away but by the time I did I had accelerated quite vigorously in first gear. when noticed him he was literally backing into the wall.

I have a Blitz NUR spec R so I think I made an impression.

I hadn't gone above 30 so ignored him -What could he try and nick me for?

I admit I felt a bit of a twit though.
Old 21 November 2008, 02:59 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
I thought I'd start a thread about random or unusual things happening whilst you've be out in the Scoob !

I was sitting outside a Sparr .. actually on double yellows .. Around my 25 birthday as we where buying ale for a party. I'm about average build with a skin head .. sitting next to me was a 19 stone black guy .. nicest guy you'll ever meet .. good mate of mine and in the back were two of my mates .. and one was in the shop ..

So I'd imagine we look like well .. chavs to be honest ... Along comes a copper .. walking .. I can see him looking at my car .. he walks along side and then stops and comes back .. knocks on the window .. and asks me how much I paid for it .. I said about 7k .. he said Nice and walked off ....

Ahh, now that was just clever police work. Cos if you'd mumbled, stuttered or generally didnt have a clue about the price, he would have thrown you out of the car, handcuffed you and your mates, taken your beer as evidence and suggested that you'd nicked the car and were about to rob the spar shop at gunpoint.

Maybe
Old 21 November 2008, 03:31 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

11pm at my ex-girlfriends flat, car alarm starts going off, I look out the window and theres about 5 little chavs all huddys up all round my car! I open the window and start screaming 'F' words at the top of my voice untill the one with the phone out explains they just touched it as they lined up having their photos took next to it

LOl i turned the alarm off and let them finish so they didnt come back with a brick!

As posted above, I've had a few one finger salutes from people i dont know as well though. Weird.

SetoN
Old 21 November 2008, 03:49 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by banny sti
Parked up out side a post office and a OAP gets in and says "how much to go to town from here" look at him like you what and then realise he thinks I am a taxi. So i replied politely that he is mistaken and I am not a taxi Must be down to the colour scheme

Banny
Should have said "About £35 mate, this thing drinks fuel for a living"
Old 21 November 2008, 03:59 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

Banny
you should have put a pic of your car up even funnier when you see that
you should have taken some money and scared the s*it out of them
Old 21 November 2008, 04:23 PM
twooo
Scooby Regular

Driving through Asda carpark this morning, I am aware of ashopping trolley heading my way unattended (The car park is on a slope.) I stopped to let it fly past the road on front of me and drove on, just to see in my mirror three more trolleys follow it, and the car behind me having to stop to let them carry on their merry way. I wonder if they were deliberately pushed or had been abandoned and gravity took over. If so, I wonder how often cars get trolleys in their doors?
Old 21 November 2008, 04:44 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by twooo
Driving through Asda carpark this morning, I am aware of ashopping trolley heading my way unattended (The car park is on a slope.) I stopped to let it fly past the road on front of me and drove on, just to see in my mirror three more trolleys follow it, and the car behind me having to stop to let them carry on their merry way. I wonder if they were deliberately pushed or had been abandoned and gravity took over. If so, I wonder how often cars get trolleys in their doors?
Maybe they'd had enough of being pushed around ... boom boom
Old 21 November 2008, 07:37 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

LOL at Banny, he'd better have his inco-pants on !

Mine is another "alarm" story, mine was parked up outside 'cos a Cossie was in my garage.... and at 3AM my pager goes off, me and 5 stone of pissed off Staffi-lab-X go running down the garden.... far in the distance a scared voice shouts " I was only looking at the seats mate !".

DunxC

P.S. Dan W - misuse of the gears.... I've been there !

Last edited by dunx; 21 November 2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 21 November 2008, 07:54 PM
Dowsie WRX
Scooby Regular

Not long after buying my car I was sitting at a set of traffic lights and a lady who was driving a bus in the lane next to me kept on setting her dump valve off (if buses have dump valves you know the noise i mean).
Anyway she would not stop doing it until i revved my scoob and set the dump valve off......it did make me chuckle
Old 21 November 2008, 07:56 PM
Dowsie WRX
Scooby Regular

Maybe they'd had enough of being pushed around ... boom boom
shocking - you should be banned for jokes like that
Old 21 November 2008, 08:05 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Banny

Ha ha ha ha,reminds of when i was younger!

Me and a few makes had had a 'few' pints and jumped into a car that was parked up just along from a taxi rank.Asked to go to such & such a pub only to be greeted with 'this aint a taxi'.We made our sincere apologies and jumped back out.Was funny at the time,guess you had to be there.........

Last edited by renny; 21 November 2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 21 November 2008, 08:09 PM
Lilldic_mossy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dowsie WRX
Not long after buying my car I was sitting at a set of traffic lights and a lady who was driving a bus in the lane next to me kept on setting her dump valve off (if buses have dump valves you know the noise i mean).
Anyway she would not stop doing it until i revved my scoob and set the dump valve off......it did make me chuckle

Air brakes or the adjustable hight lift thingy for letting people on or off makes the same noise
I passed a bus which had parked up in our village, and both the bus and my dump valve went off at the same time !.......his was louder
Old 21 November 2008, 08:42 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

lmao at some of these had few weird ones my self
had an old guy come from the left at a junction and pullinf acoss the front me and my lights were green and every other car had stopped. any waythe gives his finger and tells me to fing slowe down lol.

another one to day some old lady is stood on the corner near her gate as i come round the round about and accelrate to 30 hitting 30 in 3rd not like i was killing it and shes stood there taking my reg in a note pad.

and the best is getting overtaken by and old lady becuase i have to slow for speed humps lol is was in shock looked at me mate suprised thast some 60 old had overtook in a 30
Old 21 November 2008, 09:03 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by -ant-

another one to day some old lady is stood on the corner near her gate as i come round the round about and accelrate to 30 hitting 30 in 3rd not like i was killing it and shes stood there taking my reg in a note pad.

I would have gone back and take a picture of her with my camera phone .. no reason .. just to mess with her.
Old 21 November 2008, 09:07 PM
-ant-
Scooby Regular

I would have gone back and take a picture of her with my camera phone .. no reason .. just to mess with her.
lmao never thought of that lol
Old 22 November 2008, 03:58 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

I know someone who was going to watch Rangers one day.
As he locked the car and started to walk away a wee ned said to him
" I will watch your car for a quid Mr"
He says "na it's fine thats what the dogs in the back for"
The wee ned then looks rather blank then smiles and says
"Mr does your dog like fires Mr"
Needless to say he gave the wee shht a quid!!!
Old 22 November 2008, 06:23 PM
S3TH
Scooby Regular

These cars really do bring out the worse in the public dont they? Im on my 3rd scoob now and starting to hacked of with it to the point where i feel like i might as well **** them off even more.

RCM Team ice exhaust and VTA dumpvalve here we come.
Old 29 November 2008, 02:39 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Surely we have more than this... this is an excellent hang over thread
Old 29 November 2008, 03:13 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Not hugely funny, but I changed jobs, and a new colleague asked me if I'd made my car myself from bits.... (STD bug-eye STI).

This is someone in a senior management position with a degree from a quality uni., what ever happened to common sense ?

DunxC
Old 29 November 2008, 04:26 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

He was probably waiting for the waft of weed to come out the window from you "hot boxing".
Old 29 November 2008, 05:08 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Not longer after I got mine, it was parked outside the house on the road, and a real chavvy looking kid and his girlfriend walk up to it. The kid walks all round the car, waving his arms about, doing that funny finger clicking thing and saying wikkid a lot, while his girlfriend stands on the pavement looking a bit bored.

Chav says 'I'm gonna get one of these just like this, wikkid innit'

The girl says 'what is it then ?

Chav walks round to look at the (debadged) boot and goes, 'its an ummm, err.... wikkid' and they both wander off.

Weirdest one was when I was out washing it, and a crappy old BMW 316 pulls up and stops opposite with two young blokes in it. The driver points at the car and laughs, then speeds away revving the nuts off his ( feeble sounding ) car ???

Quick Reply: Random experiences whilst in the Scooby