Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got back from Grade A Subaru...

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2008, 03:24 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back from Grade A Subaru...

As above. I was helping out a fellow Scoobynetter (who's currently offshore), and offered to go pay and collect something for his car (for the cost of petrol anyways). But I'm in Scunny, and Grade A are in Derbyshire. Nice 180 mile round trip.

M181/M180/M18/M1 dull as **** pootling at 60mph to preserve precious petrol. But then came the A628/B6105/A624 over the Peak district.

Never driven these in my life, and god even with a little traffic (grandad flatcap brigade in Rover 75's), these were some of the finest roads I've ever had the pleasure to grace in my 30 months or so on the roads.

Felt fantastic in the 205 with it's go kart handling and stiff suspension. Never had such a big grin whilst driving - wish it was in a Scoobaru

Anywho, highly recommend it in any decent handling/grippy car. Anyone else driven these recently?

Cheers.
Old 27 October 2008, 03:30 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Yep fantastic roads and the Smacs playground

We're pretty lucky up the Northwest
Old 27 October 2008, 03:32 PM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

Driven em plenty Andy and never bettered till I ventured south.Less traffic and better still roads down in the south west!
That said chasing the smacs boys round those roads on a drive out is a memory to treasure

Last edited by Scoobybits; 27 October 2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 27 October 2008, 06:34 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Awesome roads round here, only ruined by councils insistance of a blanket 50 mph limit on some of the A roads in the area
Old 27 October 2008, 08:11 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Glad you enjoyed the run out Andy........makes me slightly less guilty that you did the run for me

Were Grade A more helpful and friendly face-to-face than they were on the phone??

I'll see you soon
Old 27 October 2008, 08:19 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martyrobertsdj
Glad you enjoyed the run out Andy........makes me slightly less guilty that you did the run for me

Were Grade A more helpful and friendly face-to-face than they were on the phone??

I'll see you soon
Yes mate. I rang them up and got a stern sounding woman. Mentioned you had rung up about the part and I said that I would be travelling down to collect it. Said I would pay either there on the phone or in person.

Mentioned I was travelling over 80 miles each way and if she would mind putting it to one side. Was a little hesitant until I mentioned I would take my business elsewhere as I didn't wanna travel for a part that may/may not be there 2 hours later. She changed her attitude. Got there and the part was as described, waiting to be collected. Nice people actually. Have a reciept for you in the Pug
Old 27 October 2008, 09:26 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice one Andy,there are some decent folk out there,make sure Marty gives you a good tip
Old 27 October 2008, 09:59 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Nice one Andy,there are some decent folk out there,make sure Marty gives you a good tip
Yeah, don't eat yellow snow

Don't mind helping folk out, epsecially as he covered petrol costs. It was something to do and gave me a break from my commission stuff.

But don't tell anyone I help people, otherwise my £1000s benefits I get every week may be stopped and I'll be moved out my 12 bedroom house
Old 28 October 2008, 12:06 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Went there today myself funnily enough.

I have found them to be most helpful both on the phone and in person. Had a bit of natter to the guy in the workshp and best of all the seats I went to look at were as close to perfect as used seats ever can be just as they said they were.

From my experience I would definitely recommend them.

BTW Andy what is some no good sponging waster doing helping others out? Seriously though, nice one - what this place should be about
Old 28 October 2008, 12:09 AM
Andy S.
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
As above. I was helping out a fellow Scoobynetter (who's currently offshore), and offered to go pay and collect something for his car (for the cost of petrol anyways). But I'm in Scunny, and Grade A are in Derbyshire. Nice 180 mile round trip.

M181/M180/M18/M1 dull as **** pootling at 60mph to preserve precious petrol. But then came the A628/B6105/A624 over the Peak district.

Never driven these in my life, and god even with a little traffic (grandad flatcap brigade in Rover 75's), these were some of the finest roads I've ever had the pleasure to grace in my 30 months or so on the roads.

Felt fantastic in the 205 with it's go kart handling and stiff suspension. Never had such a big grin whilst driving - wish it was in a Scoobaru

Anywho, highly recommend it in any decent handling/grippy car. Anyone else driven these recently?

Cheers.
Yes and Welcome to my Playground

Glad you enjoyed them