Sponsored by:

More Help Required

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2008, 05:47 PM
CaptainCaveman
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Help Required

When I am driving my scooby, it seems to rev high and then low then high as if it is building up power then loosing it, it is an paddle shift NB-R so I was thinking it may needs a service (last one 3000 miles since) or the turbo may be croqued.

The second may be the case, as when I do put my foot down it takes a couple of second then it sounds like I have bits of metal in my turbo that seem to ping and pang as the cars turbo kicks in.

Ive bought a new td04 turbo because a guy on fleebay said it could be my fan blades in my turbo, as any body had this happen to them.

Thanks for your help.

Gary
Old 19 October 2008, 05:53 PM
NUTTYNICK
Scooby Regular

For starters, stop buying stuff off fleabay until you've asked some questions and got at least a few half decent answers off here (or other forums), it will save you money in the long run.

The fluctuating in power issue, is it when you are accelerating? If so, I suspect the boost solenoid will require a bit of a clean out or renewal (another search in itself )
Old 19 October 2008, 06:06 PM
CaptainCaveman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by NUTTYNICK
For starters, stop buying stuff off fleabay until you've asked some questions and got at least a few half decent answers off here (or other forums), it will save you money in the long run.

The fluctuating in power issue, is it when you are accelerating? If so, I suspect the boost solenoid will require a bit of a clean out or renewal (another search in itself )
You are probably right NUTTYNICK, the wife keeps telling me the same, right here goes.

What is a boost solenoid? where is it? and would this account for the metalic rattling when I put my foot down.
Old 19 October 2008, 06:12 PM
NUTTYNICK
Scooby Regular

Boost solenoid should be fitted to the drivers side suspension turret (facing towards the radiator) - tubes off and a clean out with carb cleaner or similar)

It won't have anything to do with the sound so to speak which I have to say, at the moment sounds pretty ominous

Does it sound like a load of marbles rattling around every time you accelerate, but dissapears when you are cruising, decelerating?
Old 19 October 2008, 06:20 PM
CaptainCaveman
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by NUTTYNICK
Boost solenoid should be fitted to the drivers side suspension turret (facing towards the radiator) - tubes off and a clean out with carb cleaner or similar)

It won't have anything to do with the sound so to speak which I have to say, at the moment sounds pretty ominous

Does it sound like a load of marbles rattling around every time you accelerate, but dissapears when you are cruising, decelerating?
Yes you desvcribe it correct, when normal driving or rapid acceleration no noise at all, just when you put your foot down when you are setting of start.