ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

new member needs help with wrx

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2008, 11:16 PM
scoopscooby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member needs help with wrx

hi there lads maybe ladees just brought a wrx impreza estate import wanted to no what the bhp was looked on a link on here the other day said it was only 218 surely that cant be right on the vin plate it says applied model gf8c58d but then it also says engine type which is ej20gdw5ne does this sound like a 218bhp car,or could the engine have been changed, is there a web site that comes up with all the details of the car and the stats, also ive got a slight miss fire, it feels like in low revs in every gear as i pull away, or slow down then speed up again like 30-40 in 4th it sort of jumps abit been told to change the plugs and leads subaru bloke said to keep ngk spark plugs because the cars dont like the change so i brought them, but the leads have the coil on the end of them so the bloke at subaru told me, they will cost 120squid each what is that can i get them any cheaper. also would i just be better off putting it in subaru for a service or does anyone know a good mechanic in maidstone or close by, how much would it cost for a service from subaru because im meant to be driving thecar to dorset to go on holiday for a week wanted to make sure its up to it cheers peeps hope to hear from some people soon laters
Old 11 October 2008, 11:27 PM
scoobjam74
Scooby Regular

if you need coilpaks mate try xspec.co.uk they are just under 40 quid as yes thats what i would change first and the plugs fit ngk pfr6b or 7b if its running a few mods like decat and filter
Old 11 October 2008, 11:38 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it doesn't need a service then don't bother.Speak to www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk is in the Maidstone area so maybe he can point you in the direction of a good mechanic.
Whereabouts in Dorset are you going for hols (i live in Dorset)?
Old 12 October 2008, 12:01 AM
scoopscooby
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
If it doesn't need a service then don't bother.Speak to www.jollygreenmonster.co.uk is in the Maidstone area so maybe he can point you in the direction of a good mechanic.
Whereabouts in Dorset are you going for hols (i live in Dorset)?
ewlands holidaypark charmouth anywhere near you if so you can come down look at my scoob for me tell me what youthink of my little problem
Old 12 October 2008, 05:44 AM
baser999
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoopscooby;8192367[FONT=Comic Sans MS
]. . . or does anyone know a good mechanic in maidstone or close by. . .
[/font]
Could also try Deano666 who's from Kent Scoobies as well - does a lot of servicing and such on our cars. His contact www.larkins-autoservices.com 07950 953824. He's mobile, based in Kemsley, Sittingbourne area
Old 12 October 2008, 08:30 AM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

Quoted power for your Wagon was 240bhp, but that's to Jap test standards, test to EU test standards and yes, that's about 218bhp.

Simon