Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help from pioneer stereo users pleeeaassseee!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2008, 10:02 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Help from pioneer stereo users pleeeaassseee!!

Hi guys, I used to have a Pioneer DEH-P7500MP stereo, which unfortunately died a few months back. When it died I looked on ebay for another one but they seem to be quite rare, so I ended up getting a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP, which is quite similar. Anyway, on my old pioneer, I always used to use MP3 discs with the MP3s just burned straight to the cd, not in any folders at all. When I had it set to random play and I pressed 'up' on the directional pad, it used to skip to a random song on the disc, and when I pressed 'right' it would skip to the next one in sequence. On this new one tho, when I press up it just keeps going back to track 1 all the time?! Is this just the way all newer pioneer stereos are? Or has this one just got a problem? Or is there an obvious setting somewhere I'm missing out on?? If I let the song finish, it does skip randomly to another song, so the random function is actually working......just not when I want to manually skip myself.

The reason I'm asking is I don't wanna fork out for another one on ebay if they all just do the same thing these days. So yeah if anyone has got a few spare minutes to try this on their stereo, or if they already know the answer, that woulc be hugely appreciated thanks
Old 09 October 2008, 10:21 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

I guess none of you have got pioneer stereos then. I posted this thread once before, and waited very patiently for 5 months while nobody replied!! Doh. I originally posted it in the ICE section tho, so I thought I'd repost it here cuz I know people are more likely to find it. Or maybe not.

Anyway, we had a van in for signwriting today at work, which happened to have a newish pioneer stereo in, so I tried a cd in there......and for any of you that want to know (which I'm guessing is none of you!), it would seem that all pioneer stereos now go back to track 01 when you press 'up' when in random play mode, rather than actually skipping to a random track like on my old one. I wonder who's bright idea it was to change that
Old 10 October 2008, 08:30 AM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol,,,,,,,,,,,

Can't help you operationally, but the CD section of my sons Pioneer DEH-P77MP died twice. We managed to fix it the first time, second time couldnt see what was wrong. Ended up selling it for spares.
Old 10 October 2008, 12:31 PM
sti-chris
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just tried this in mine , and up on the direction thing it just goes back to track 1
Mines is a pioneer but no the same model as yours.

Old 10 October 2008, 05:38 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-chris
Just tried this in mine , and up on the direction thing it just goes back to track 1
Mines is a pioneer but no the same model as yours.

That was the exact stereo I tried it on, in the van I was on about at work! And yeah Allan, I was on my 2nd DEH-P7500MP when it died They seem to be really hard to find. The cd section of mine broke & altho it was still under warranty, they couldn't get hold of the spares so it was written off. Doh. Anyway, I managed to find one on ebay that had a broken front panel (the face-off bit) but the stereo was fully working, so I bought that for £16, slapped my face on the front of it, and it was lovely

.......But now that's dead aswell
Old 12 October 2008, 12:58 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Just incase anyone is interested in a solution to this problem (I doubt it!), I have found one!!

Okay, it's a bit of a 'bodge' I spoze, but it gets the random function working again when you press the up button. Basically, I made an MP3 called "0001.mp3" that is only 0.2 seconds long, and I burnt that onto a cd with all of the other MP3s I wanted on there. Because of it's name, it always ends up as track 1 on the cd, so now when I press up, it goes back to track 1, finishes playing it straight away, and then goes randomly to the next track!

Slight delay like, but at least it kinda solves the problem!