Aftermarket Cruise Control for 04 STi question

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2008, 07:06 PM
Listener
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Cruise Control for 04 STi question

Hi.

I'm looking at getting an aftermarket cruise control kit fitted to my 04 STi Type UK. I know it's a dull addition but with the number of average speed cameras on motorways and in roadworks coupled with my having experienced it on other cars I've decided I fancy it for long runs, to keep my mind clear for the B-Roads

My question is, does anyone have any experience with these aftermarket kits. I am looking at the Goldcruise system from Conrad Anderson who have recommended the following from their website at Buying a Cruise Control Kit - a simple guide, Conrad Anderson UK, Cruise Control, Speed Control

AP800 electronic actuator- £280

CM25 Command module - £85 (depending on the module you choose)

T-Harness - £37.50

Total - £402.50 + £10 carriage (supply only, incl. UK VAT)

I've been assured it won't affect the performance so I'm just wondering, does anyone know anything about these?

Thanks in advance
Old 07 October 2008, 07:32 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

MY08 UK STi's have cruise control, I know it wasn't possible before but can't it now be subaru retro-fitted ?
Old 07 October 2008, 09:14 PM
Pete N
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hiya,
Just bought this kit myself, only just got it and need to find time to fit it!! Looking at the options, there is only this kit available and only CA that supply it! Anyway, their service was good, it arrived super-quick (next day) and I phoned yesterday to check a few details, very knowledgeable and helpful. My aim is to get it to work with a subaru command stalk, still working on ideas on that one...
Old 07 October 2008, 09:25 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure how helpful this would be, but I'm pretty sure the North American WRX and even STi's had cruise control on them. The first STi we got over here was, I believe, the blob eye. It is possible you may be able to obtain the hardware from a North American car and adapt it to a UK spec car. It would be worth popping over to nasioc and searching/posting on there, as it's possible someone may have removed the cc from a car, or knows how to do it, or even how to put cc on a car that lacks it.
Old 08 October 2008, 01:24 PM
Listener
Scooby Regular

Well I rang MKG3000 and asked about if they do retrofit Cruise Controls from the MY08 to the MY04 and apparently not. I have read a few threads about the US STi having cruise control but nobody seems to have fitted one to the UK Impreza. Anyone else got any experience of the Conrad Anderson system.
Old 08 October 2008, 07:43 PM
Pete N
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at getting parts from US for my 06 STI, definite no-go. While you can get the parts ok, the UK cars don't have a load of the necessary wiring. Ok, you could sort that out, but the cruise on those models is controlled by the ECU, so if the wiring isn't there I would guess the coding isn't in the ECU either. You might find this interesting:
https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-o...i-impreza.html
Old 10 October 2008, 04:54 PM
Listener
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the feedback above guys. Pete, I had seen that thread but did not read the whole thing, not noticing that there were 4 pages which included feedback about the CA kit from just last month!

I am going to go for it anyway as it seems positive and will provide feedback for this thread when I've tried. Fingers crossed!