Sponsored by:

sti and ppp

Search this Thread

Old 14 September 2008, 03:49 PM
itr786
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sti and ppp

Hi, firstly i'd like to apologise as Im sure this question has been asked a fair few times but as this forums search as sooo sh*t I can't after hours of searching get an answer.

What exactly is the difference between a blob-eye sti and the prodrive upgrade??

Is their suspension differences as well??

I'm looking at getting an 04 sti, looking for around 350bhp mark, and a suspension set-up to suit, also, how are the brembo's on the car?, they certainly look very flashy but are they any good?

Last edited by itr786; 14 September 2008 at 03:51 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 14 September 2008, 05:37 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itr786
Hi, firstly i'd like to apologise as Im sure this question has been asked a fair few times but as this forums search as sooo sh*t I can't after hours of searching get an answer.

What exactly is the difference between a blob-eye sti and the prodrive upgrade??

Is their suspension differences as well??

I'm looking at getting an 04 sti, looking for around 350bhp mark, and a suspension set-up to suit, also, how are the brembo's on the car?, they certainly look very flashy but are they any good?
The Prodrive STI has 305bhp rather than 265 as standard and increased torque.
The extra power is achieved using a modified Prodrive exhaust system including sports cat downpipe, Uprated 255 fuel pump, prodrive intercooler hose and a generic base map. I think the PPP pack costs around £1500.

I had a blobeye STI which was standard but after adding similar mods to the PPP I had my car custom mapped and it acheived 340bhp.
My mods cost me £1000. Look in my profile for exact mods and sexy photos.

The suspension on the PPP car is not neccessarily uprated. The Prodrive springs can be added to any Impreza and cost around £200. They allow the car to sit a little lower and handling improved slightly.

The Brembo's are fine imo although lots go for uprated pads [ferodo or similar].

Any well modded STI is an awesome car and cheap as chips at the moment.