Sponsored by:

When Disaster turns into Success

Search this Thread

Old 01 September 2008, 09:19 PM
deangtiuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When Disaster turns into Success

Just thought I'd share my weekend with you guys.

Well it all started Thursday afternoon when I decided it would be a good idea to change my rear brake discs and pads, jacked up the NSR and all going well until the disc wouldn't come of the hub, little did I know the adjuster for the shoes was seized and wouldn't budge, being a smart **** I gave it a little tap with the hammer (yes little) (well it had to come off), eventually it came off along with some few extra bits, most of the ABS ring . Thinkin erm how will i get round this and make it to the Enginetuner on Monday I was scratching my head (even metal mate went through my mind).

After phoning around and having no joy managed to track a Andy from AC Motorsport Service Centre - Performance Parts For Subaru | Performance Parts For Mitsubishi | Spare Parts For Subaru | Spare Parts For Mitsubishi - UK who got me a complete hub to me next day for a very good price (highly recommended).

Right Saturday was booked by the Missus for her Birthday Party

Sunday Morning hub fitted all perfect car tested all good.

Monday Morning up at the crack of Dawn to get down to AJ's in Plymouth,
got there all ok, handed Car over to Martyn, went for some Dinner and Hey Hey car is done, all Remapped and running 347bhp and 335ft lb of torque, pretty kool I thought from 317bhp, Car is running a treat now.

So Many thanks to Andy at AC Motorport and Martyn at AJ's. Turned my Disaster into Success.