ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Exhaust System Query

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2008, 10:49 AM
EAndy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust System Query

I have read and searched many of the questions but didn't find anyone with same set-up so thought i'd ask.

I'm currently running.

Prodrive Sportscat
Decat (2nd cat)
Straight through mid-pipe
Random backbox

No-one knows what my backbox is, it's like a Ninja without the markings.

Now the Blitz is the loudest exhaust, but I also considered the TSL Firestorm. Both seem very good quality exhausts.

Doesn't anyone run a Prodrive Sportscat and Blitz Nur Spec-R and if so can they advise on sound as in does it give the Boxer engine that true Scooby noise?

Also will it p*ss my neigbours off as I live in a cul-de-sac and have to park my car into a garage thats literally just fits my car in with 1 side against wall and the back of the car against the back wall so as you'll imagine it's like being inside an enclosed tunnel.

Having said that I only drive the car really at weekends or after everyone else has left for work and if I ever arrive home later than 10pm I park it on the driveway and have let it cooled before i've reached home so I can turn it straight off.

I'm thinking with the McRae Gathering so close I might hold fire on a decision and see what they sound like for myself there and then.
Old 21 August 2008, 10:59 AM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive got the same set up as you and have a H & S jap stlye BB. I think it sounds sweet. You'll be able to listen at the Harlow pre Mcrae meet

Dan
Old 21 August 2008, 11:13 AM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I don't run the system you have described, I do have the Blitz Nur Spec R (centre section and backbox) and can say it is by the far the best system I have heard for an Impreza... and yes... it does give that true scooby noise

On cold starts the exhaust is very loud... which is why I tend not to park the car with the rear near to the wall as it seems to vibrate alot, I'm sure it'll be crazy loud in your garage... but like you said... you only drive it on weekends so that shouldn't be too bad on the neighbours. Plus you could always just stick the bung that comes with it if it gets too much.
Old 21 August 2008, 11:23 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boobiman
Although I don't run the system you have described, I do have the Blitz Nur Spec R (centre section and backbox) and can say it is by the far the best system I have heard for an Impreza... and yes... it does give that true scooby noise

On cold starts the exhaust is very loud... which is why I tend not to park the car with the rear near to the wall as it seems to vibrate alot, I'm sure it'll be crazy loud in your garage... but like you said... you only drive it on weekends so that shouldn't be too bad on the neighbours. Plus you could always just stick the bung that comes with it if it gets too much.
i currently hav an afterburner centre section with a blitz nur spec back box... jus as loud as the nur spec r, really pleased with the noise even though it is a bit loud
wiley