Sponsored by:

British gas taking the pee?

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2008, 02:26 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question British gas taking the pee?

This may be familiar to a lot of you but I was just wondering what people are paying.
I live in a one bed house, just me, myself and I have been paying £14 dd per month.
BG just sent me a letter informing me its going to go up to £46 pm!!! I only use gas to heat the water for washing etc and use one ring on my gas hob and that's it! according to my last bill I am abt £8 behind due to my payment not being enough as the cost had gone from 42 to arnd 52 so I was expecting it to go up to maybe £20-£25 but 46?! man that just takes the pee!.
Old 20 August 2008, 02:39 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah that sucks - I cancelled direct debit cos of that and now pay quarterly - instead of them taking more money than they're entitled to I transfer £30 a month into a separate account and pay the quarterly bill using that. Thieving b'stards!
Old 20 August 2008, 02:39 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

bg yep take the p. If you ring them up they will say its about right. I paid £70 per month in a 2 bed mid mews and they said it was right, that was basically just heating the water, no radiators on at all.

Now pay a lot less in a 3 storey 4 bed end townhouse with edf (think that is about £40 ish per month) and we are in credit with that!!
Old 20 August 2008, 04:22 PM
Ginge !
Scooby Regular

there rip offs, nothing else, EVERYTHING in my house is electric apart from the heating, i pay 60 quid a month to them and 50 quid electric, i have a ceramic hob, electric fan assisted over, 50 ins plasma, 4 other tv's, electric shower and a PC, in a 2 bedroom flat,, HOW THE **** CAN I USE MORE GAS

and thats ment to be correct too the ****s
Old 20 August 2008, 06:57 PM
chieftain333
Scooby Regular

This is all I get everyday.......ear ache! Being a BG Engineer I get the full brunt of it,its as if I own BG and its my fault
It is a rip off and I have to pay exactly the same as everybody else and centrica only made a billion pounds
Old 20 August 2008, 07:30 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Should this not be in NSR.

BTW,im with British Robbing B@STARD FecKing gas.

Ohh How i would love to shove a gas pipe up the Chairmans **** and ****ing light it.
Old 20 August 2008, 07:34 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

i got the letter a few weeks ago i was paying £23 now paying £47

i have to laugh or ill
just looking forward to my electric bill from bg
Old 20 August 2008, 07:42 PM
SqeekyMclean
Scooby Regular

price of LPG is up
Old 20 August 2008, 07:52 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

sorry have a habit of postin in general, but then it is general and I see posts on all sorts hear so

Just been on the dog and bone with BG and reduced it to £40 for the gas, been having a look online and cant really get a better deal, cant believe its gone up by that amount! was expecting it to be high but not by 30 odd squid

The comparison sights are a joke by the way, Eon was quoted as saving me 190odd but when I rang them they told me I would only save £2 pm and with only a years protection rather than 3. So if me electric doesn't go up by much I'll be staying with BG

Think my next house will be self sufficient... ...guess I need to start playing the lottery again, or just get rid of me scoob ... what a thought!!
Old 20 August 2008, 08:01 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JPF
guess I need to start playing the lottery again, or just get rid of me scoob
Bugger that, the wife and kids can wear more jumpers or just bloody freeze!
Old 20 August 2008, 08:10 PM
Dinger
Scooby Regular

I work for a competitor of BG and I'm involved in pricing. The best advice i can give is :- ALWAYS take a meter reading and check it against your bill every time you receive one. Shop around... on-line deals are usually best. Make sure your readings are up to date. (You wouldnt fill up you car with petrol but only pay £20 until the day you sold your car so don't get behind with your elec and gas readings or else you'll owe money and thats when it gets expensive) Oh and expect most companies to put up the prices in the next few months so ideally look for a fixed deal for a year or so.
Old 20 August 2008, 10:44 PM
shogo10
Scooby Regular

I'm with BG and i just signed up to their price fix till 2011 which means if the price goes up which it will do i pay the same.
Old 20 August 2008, 11:01 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

they're trying to insure my boiler for £9 a month, i'm not even with british gas lol
wiley
Old 21 August 2008, 09:35 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by wiley
they're trying to insure my boiler for £9 a month, i'm not even with british gas lol
wiley
cheeky gits lol

Had a phone call from BT, guy asked me if it was ok to drop my monthly payment by £4 what sort of question is that?! lol he then asked what free gift I wanted..... ..... asked him what the cantch was and he said there isnt one the I realised my contract was up for renual doh! I had no plans on leaving BT as the connection I have has improved drematicaly recently, what a result! faster connection for £4 less a month and a free cannon photo printer to boot! .....wonder if they finaly got round to reading my complaint I sent abt two yers ago lol.