Sponsored by:

Quick one

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2008, 09:50 AM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick one

Right neede a set of colour coded door handles for my 99 turbo, went looking on ebay and found these

thought great little clean up and touch up spray and all woul dbe good, as i wanted them removed from a car fitted with them painted from factory as not to sure on spraying plian black as paint can peel off etc. even if they needed to be resprayed i would have a good base etc.
then thses turn up

Std black no colour, now give the seller the due that they have got straight back in contact with me with every email i have sent, but assures me the pic in the ad is of black handles, and that they are faded!

now i know i prob should of asked what colour they were but they look silver which was close enough to what i need, they were up as a buy it now £15 so no massive cash lost, so thats why i clicked the button as i have missed cheaper bits like this before as i have been waiting on a reply to a question from the seller and someone else has come along and clicked the but it now button.

Just a little rant really, but i cant see how the seller can say they are black as to me they are silver, dirty looks like oil finger prints etc but not black.

so anyone recommend a decent plastic primer which will bong well, and i guess i need to scratch them up a bit too to help it bond before i prime them for the top coat

steve