why cant i sell?????

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2008, 07:27 PM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why cant i sell?????

hi all
been trying to sell my car now for a while for 10500 its 54 wrx ppp with some other mods making it run 280bhp ive spent 1500 in 6 months (i know you dont get this back) i bought the car for 11000 with 14000 miles now its done 18800 surely the price is ok????
or am i just askin too much???? surely not:freak3
or is it just bad time with the fuel and tax goin through the roof
thanks
Old 02 June 2008, 07:50 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Just taken an 04 plate SL (sunroof/leather) in PX at work. Mica black, STI rear spoiler and 18" superleggara's, FSSH.. . .

Underwriten by a subaru dealer for 8000. . . . .
Old 02 June 2008, 07:53 PM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

id rather burn it out
10k is a bargain surely
Old 02 June 2008, 07:54 PM
mattwrxCS
Scooby Regular

Thats trade though! Checked in Glasses guide and its about right.
Old 02 June 2008, 08:01 PM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

oh well looks like the evo will have to wait till she sells
Old 02 June 2008, 08:05 PM
NUTTYNICK
Scooby Regular

The new taxation classes can't help at all, along with increased fuel costs and the fact that the Subaru is a car renowned for being on the thirsty side.

High insurance group etc etc. All the running costs added together can't help resale at all.
Old 02 June 2008, 08:07 PM
Rajaman
Scooby Regular

I'm really sorry to have to tell you this but you would do exceptionally well to get even 9K for your car, the market for performance cars just isn't what it was, combination of petrol prices skyrocketing, road tax hikes and new hatchback model Scooby has killed the price, I sold my old MY03 Wrx Sti PPP a few monthe back for £11.250, seen similar ones going now for less than 10K
Also, dont forget that a lot of car supermarkets were selling the 2.5 hawkeye wrx's imports brand new for around the 14K mark, and these have helped to bring there prices down
I accept the fact that this isn't an easy pill to swallow but there it is
If you really want to sell it price it to sell at around 8.5K and it will go quickly, you could spend ages tryin to hold out for top money, only for your car to depreciate more in that time
I have had 4 newage scoobys so do tend to have an idea re prices
Didn't mean to **** on your chips mate and good luck in getting the best price you can
Old 02 June 2008, 08:11 PM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rajaman
I'm really sorry to have to tell you this but you would do exceptionally well to get even 9K for your car, the market for performance cars just isn't what it was, combination of petrol prices skyrocketing, road tax hikes and new hatchback model Scooby has killed the price, I sold my old MY03 Wrx Sti PPP a few monthe back for £11.250, seen similar ones going now for less than 10K
Also, dont forget that a lot of car supermarkets were selling the 2.5 hawkeye wrx's imports brand new for around the 14K mark, and these have helped to bring there prices down
I accept the fact that this isn't an easy pill to swallow but there it is
If you really want to sell it price it to sell at around 8.5K and it will go quickly, you could spend ages tryin to hold out for top money, only for your car to depreciate more in that time
I have had 4 newage scoobys so do tend to have an idea re prices
Didn't mean to **** on your chips mate and good luck in getting the best price you can
if that is the case i might as well keep it.
not worth selling for that
Old 02 June 2008, 08:11 PM
PetesDad
BANNED

You bought at £11,000 and want to sell at £10,500??

That's very little in the way of depreciation - especially as it's been played about with.
Old 02 June 2008, 08:17 PM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PetesDad
You bought at £11,000 and want to sell at £10,500??

That's very little in the way of depreciation - especially as it's been played about with.
10k now
not been played with just re map and de catted hardly played with
Old 02 June 2008, 08:22 PM
Cream
Scooby Regular

Sound's a little much, and TBH one of the biggest problems you have got as you have modded it. Most people want to buy standard cars, less of a chance they have been ragged.

I'm in the middle of buying a 2005 WRX wagon 'ppp' SL for 10K, with 24K on the clock, and that is subject to an RAC report. If it was a saloon I would expect to pay less as there are LOADS on the market. Also this is the SL too so it has leather, heated seat, climate control and a sun roof.

Just to show you what your up against m8.

If i was to look at your car and it was mint I would not pay more than 9k-9.5k for it m8. Harsh but true.
Old 02 June 2008, 08:23 PM
PetesDad
BANNED

Originally Posted by craigyp
10k now
Sorry, I misunderstood with the £1500 you have spent, I was expecting more mods.
Old 02 June 2008, 08:23 PM
BIG FUD
Scooby Regular

Cars are selling at the min between £1500 and 2k below book just like house market its all going **** up
Old 02 June 2008, 08:26 PM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mark ward
Cars are selling at the min between £1500 and 2k below book just like house market its all going **** up
its crazy
Old 02 June 2008, 08:26 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattwrxCS
Thats trade though! Checked in Glasses guide and its about right.
Yes, but it's only worth what someones willing to pay.

We'd rather take the money from the trader than risk the auction where CAP guide reckons 7250 is more the going rate.

Prices are rubbish on Subaru, even if you add on a dealer margin on that trade price (lets say 1500 quid) that means that the main dealer is gonna sell the car at say 9500, with warranty (you don't get that as a private sale)

Dealer is gonna do a discount, service the car, maybe refurb a wheel or two, replace a tyre and maybe even give an overallowance on a car coming in against the scoob?

Who's gonna buy private for more than a dealer with warranty?
Old 03 June 2008, 04:34 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Surely the current market is going to affect the Evo just the same as your Scoob. Get bartering and haggle some £££ off the Evo to cover any extra depreciation you may suffer selling your Scoob.
Old 03 June 2008, 04:55 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by MMT WRX
Surely the current market is going to affect the Evo just the same as your Scoob. Get bartering and haggle some £££ off the Evo to cover any extra depreciation you may suffer selling your Scoob.
This is a very valid point

Craigyp: I just had a look at parkers guide price for an 03 WRX (i.e. like mine) - 7500 for a private good condition car! That hurts as I bought it new
Old 03 June 2008, 05:02 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cream
Sound's a little much, and TBH one of the biggest problems you have got as you have modded it. Most people want to buy standard cars, less of a chance they have been ragged.

I'm in the middle of buying a 2005 WRX wagon 'ppp' SL for 10K, with 24K on the clock, and that is subject to an RAC report. If it was a saloon I would expect to pay less as there are LOADS on the market. Also this is the SL too so it has leather, heated seat, climate control and a sun roof.

Just to show you what your up against m8.

If i was to look at your car and it was mint I would not pay more than 9k-9.5k for it m8. Harsh but true.

I disagree, the PPP is an official add-on its was warranty friendly and so its not really been in the hands of some rogue mapper, so to speak.

It looks an immaculate car, but I agree, the price is too high, its a shame, and a hard pill to swallow, but its whats happening.
Old 03 June 2008, 06:07 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

on the bright side, the car you choose to buy should drop in value aswell.....

i was going to sell my car but due to the loss, im going to keep it till i can pay off the finance or till i have enough money to buy a new car and not be too crippled by the loss

good luck with the sale though
Old 03 June 2008, 06:19 PM
Cream
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JimmyBFC
I disagree, the PPP is an official add-on its was warranty friendly and so its not really been in the hands of some rogue mapper, so to speak.

It looks an immaculate car, but I agree, the price is too high, its a shame, and a hard pill to swallow, but its whats happening.

I know that, that is why I'm buying a 'PPP' he's said that he has had the car re-mapped. Also at the tiome of writng that all I knew is he had some Mods. By the time I submitted my post there was the post about the re-map and de-cat.

Old 03 June 2008, 07:34 PM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

sod it
gonna keep her and put some new team dynamics gloss black 18s multispokes on her.....
as she only done low mileage shell last few years yet....
might even go and c andy forrest
Old 03 June 2008, 11:01 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

sod it
gonna keep her and put some new team dynamics gloss black 18s multispokes on her.....

You don't want an Evo anyway with a choccy clutch and sh1tty service intervals,a modded scoob is as good IMO.
Old 04 June 2008, 07:16 AM
Blueblaster
Scooby Regular

It never ceases to amaze me how much people think their car is worth. Back in 2004 when this car was first sold you could get a WRX PPP for 20 grand from a Subaru dealer. Why on earth do people think after 4 years and 20,000 miles it is worth any more than a third of the original price? Any car with good residuals will be worth 50% of its list price after 3 years. A massively discounted, hugely expensive to run car like the Scoob isn't worth anything like that.

This post isn't directed at anyone in particular because it is a common problem, but the sooner people get over the fact that their car is worth a lot less than they think the easier it will be to move on.
Old 04 June 2008, 09:33 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

i think people just dont want to loose money blueblaster.

how would you like it if someone came up to you and said "you are going to loose 6 grand if you sell your car"

i know ill be the same when i sell my car
Old 04 June 2008, 10:32 AM
Midnight Runner
Scooby Regular

sod it
Keep it! And the WRX has got the "cheap" tax
Old 04 June 2008, 10:41 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

hi all
been trying to sell my car now for a while for 10500 its 54 wrx ppp with some other mods making it run 280bhp ive spent 1500 in 6 months (i know you dont get this back) i bought the car for 11000 with 14000 miles now its done 18800 surely the price is ok????
or am i just askin too much???? surely not:freak3
or is it just bad time with the fuel and tax goin through the roof
thanks
This was the argument I was trying to convey on another thread. The higher fuel costs go the less value performance cars are going to become. Add the rising road tax costs too and selling cars like Impreza's with 20mpg average, are going to be very hard to sell on.

You may be better taking a hit now, as you may have to take an even bigger hit if you need/want to sell later in the year.

You could hold on and fuel prices may start coming down again, making selling you car easier.
Old 04 June 2008, 01:42 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
This was the argument I was trying to convey on another thread. The higher fuel costs go the less value performance cars are going to become. Add the rising road tax costs too and selling cars like Impreza's with 20mpg average, are going to be very hard to sell on.

You may be better taking a hit now, as you may have to take an even bigger hit if you need/want to sell later in the year.

You could hold on and fuel prices may start coming down again, making selling you car easier.
Old 04 June 2008, 02:39 PM
badgersport
Scooby Regular

The simple fact is that if a car doesn't sell it's because it is too expensive.

20mpg and £400+ per year road tax with threats of more incresaes to come makes a Subare a very undesirable car at the moment. Have a look on ebay; there's a 2007 WRX with 8600 miles not getting any bids at £9K. A 2004 WRX from a dealer at £7995 on a classified ad that's not sold.

Times are hard for selling Subaru's and I think you'd struggle to sell that car for £8K at the moment.
Old 04 June 2008, 04:10 PM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by badgersport
The simple fact is that if a car doesn't sell it's because it is too expensive.

20mpg and £400+ per year road tax with threats of more incresaes to come makes a Subare a very undesirable car at the moment. Have a look on ebay; there's a 2007 WRX with 8600 miles not getting any bids at £9K. A 2004 WRX from a dealer at £7995 on a classified ad that's not sold.

Times are hard for selling Subaru's and I think you'd struggle to sell that car for £8K at the moment.
yeah i know everys right
thats why gonna keep it
cant afford to sell at stupid price and i wouldnt any way!!!!!!!!
Old 04 June 2008, 05:37 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

I part exchanged mine at subaru dealership aprox 3 months ago, i got £8400 for my 03 WRX PPP and that was with them knowing it was 6 months late on a service

I think they then put it back on forecourt with warranty at around £9600 but it was still there about a month after

Quick Reply: why cant i sell?????