Saathay Ethical Arts

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2008, 12:59 AM
CallumW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Saathay Ethical Arts

Hi All
Still no car back yet but have been keeping myself busy in the meantime while off the road
Just finished putting together a website for a client, thought you may like to see

Saathay Ethical Arts (Comments/feedback welcome)

All their items are hand made in silk, cotton or wool and all Fair Trade and is dealt with directly with the people making them.
Did a comparison to similar items (out of curiosity) and no-one else does anything hand made in these materials for anywhere near these prices.

They're exhibiting at the Love Your Home Show at Sandown Park in Esher on the 19/20th this month so popped down to see the products first hand and the pics on the site really don't do them justice (something the owner will be rectifying soon)

Apparently the show attendance today was dire and the promotors need a major kick in the marketing ***.
So, to get some people down to the show, Saathay have said that they'll give a 10% discount to anyone who say's the magic words "ScoobyNet"

Saathay are also giving away a custom made embroidered silk bedspread as part of the show's promotion.
Worth a fortune .... seriously

Love Your Home Show

... you know you wanna
Old 20 April 2008, 01:14 AM
Cream
Scooby Regular

I'm by no means an expert in web design, but the first thing that hit me as a consumer is the need for larger close ups of the work to show more detail.
Other than that the set out looks nice
Old 20 April 2008, 01:19 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Nice work mate, I would have styled the site up a bit more but thats me, your XHTML/CSS is clean, how it should be.

You could use something like Lightbox 2 - awesome image viewing JavaScript, just works right first time and easy to implement.
Old 20 April 2008, 11:52 PM
CallumW
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys

It does have ligtbox on it, but fairly basic.
The client is already taking some decent close ups of their items this week and will be uploading them shortly.