Sponsored by:

2000 Sti6 Vs 2001 UK Sti

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2008, 06:23 PM
weeebell
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Sti6 Vs 2001 UK Sti

I currently have a 320bhp classic UK turbo which is up for sale and I'm looking for an Sti as I'm going for 400 next and it'll cost too much to do this to my classic AND make it reliable.

For the cash i'll have to spend, i'll be looking for a bugeye Sti but theyre so damn ugly its unreal.

For the same money, I could have a stunning 2000 Sti version 6 but I'm not too sure of the imports as almost all have had rebuilds at some point.

Aslo, 400bhp on an Sti6 will be pushing the gearbox a bit too.

So, what would you guys recommend?

An ugly 400bhp UK Sti or a lovely grey 400bhp Sti 6 that might break a lot?

Another point is that this is my daily driver which i do around 40miles per day in.
Old 13 April 2008, 06:45 PM
1nten5e
Scooby Regular

My ugly bugeye is for sale, but it's not a bug any more

view my scoob
Old 13 April 2008, 06:59 PM
weeebell
Scooby Regular

Saw it on Pistonheads.
Also traded pm's with you about it not too long ago.

I'll be down too see you soon if its not sold.

Yours is the ecxeption.

Last edited by weeebell; 13 April 2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 13 April 2008, 07:23 PM
1nten5e
Scooby Regular

Ahhh

Look forward to meeting you if you decide to have a look
Old 13 April 2008, 09:08 PM
weeebell
Scooby Regular

Or an Evo 6.............................?
Old 13 April 2008, 09:10 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

I think the bugs look good with the morette conversion, totally re-vamp the front end IMO, so not so bad. Tbh mate, 320bhp is more than enough for british roads unless your gonna track it? Are you going to include plenty of handling mods too? ALK, ARB's etc?
Old 13 April 2008, 09:33 PM
weeebell
Scooby Regular

I dont do track days and TBH, I'm used to the 320bhp now and want more. Lots of roundabouts then 1-2 mile straights in my area.
Everyone that sits in it thinks I'm mad and its too fast as it is but you'll know what I mean.........

Theyres a few P1's and Evo's around my area too and it just pisses me off I cant catch them in the twisties.

An 8 grand Evo's gonna be a T reg at most, but an 8 grand Subaru's gonna be an 02 or a damaged repaired 03 Sti.
Throw a couple of grand at that and I should be near the 400 mark.

Last edited by weeebell; 13 April 2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 14 April 2008, 07:31 AM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by weeebell
I dont do track days and TBH, I'm used to the 320bhp now and want more. Lots of roundabouts then 1-2 mile straights in my area.
Everyone that sits in it thinks I'm mad and its too fast as it is but you'll know what I mean.........

Theyres a few P1's and Evo's around my area too and it just pisses me off I cant catch them in the twisties.

An 8 grand Evo's gonna be a T reg at most, but an 8 grand Subaru's gonna be an 02 or a damaged repaired 03 Sti.
Throw a couple of grand at that and I should be near the 400 mark.
With some suspension/handling mods mate and maybe some advanced driver training, you should be able to keep with most things on the twisty's with 320 hp under the bonnet, the other cars might have that added power but they'll struggle to reel it in if hitting the corners hard, you might not have that greater power but you'll be able to approach conrerns with having to fight with the power to keep it there. Honestly, Im not saying your a bad driver, far from it, but some trianing and handling modifications can make a slower car better for routes like this. Im on the look-out for some kind of advanced training tbh, I have 320 and im certain ill feel the same as you in a few months, but some extra training driving wise is gonna be cheaper than new turbo/exhaust sytem and maping again for me...
Old 14 April 2008, 11:57 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JimmyBFC
With some suspension/handling mods mate and maybe some advanced driver training, you should be able to keep with most things on the twisty's with 320 hp under the bonnet, the other cars might have that added power but they'll struggle to reel it in if hitting the corners hard, you might not have that greater power but you'll be able to approach conrerns with having to fight with the power to keep it there. Honestly, Im not saying your a bad driver, far from it, but some trianing and handling modifications can make a slower car better for routes like this. Im on the look-out for some kind of advanced training tbh, I have 320 and im certain ill feel the same as you in a few months, but some extra training driving wise is gonna be cheaper than new turbo/exhaust sytem and maping again for me...
I think you're right. I could drive my 330bhp STi easier, probably even faster, than i can the 390bhp version.

Would i change? Not a chance, i want more....
Old 14 April 2008, 03:39 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GazTheHat
I think you're right. I could drive my 330bhp STi easier, probably even faster, than i can the 390bhp version.

Would i change? Not a chance, i want more....
lol.....even after my long winded post, I do know what ya mean :-)