Sponsored by:

evo experience !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2008, 11:26 PM
jmckella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default evo experience !!!!!!!!

I've got a 05 wrx and seems pretty quick, but have just had a shot of my mates evo VI with 325bhp and it was unbelievable ! The power was there with no effort at all. I hit 100 mph before I knew it and want something similar,it was nearly 10k on a w plate with isn't cheap. He had a 325bhp scoob classic before but didn't seem as quick.
What power can I get without having to replace the clutch, gearbox etc, and what price, realistally am I looking at ? I can't blow too much as I'm off to Holland soon to a festival and the missus will discard certain things if you know what I mean !!!!!!!!
Old 06 April 2008, 12:00 AM
New_scooby_04

325 on a WRX isn't too hard at all.
You'll need something like the following spec:

A decent decat/sports cat exhaust, uprated fuel pump, ported and wrapped headers, Samco turbo pipes, STi intercooler, Bigger turbo e.g. VF34/35/TD05 16G I'd personally go with the 35 as it has the best spool at that level. You could do a lot worse than speak to someone like David at Api for advice. At this level your gearbox should hold, but the clutch isn't likely to last too long!

BTW A 325bhp classic would most likely be as quick as his evo, but might feel subjectively slower owing to the power delivery being less brutal? Evo 6s tend to be mapped to just dump about 100lbs ft of torque in the mix as soon as the turbo quicks in....very dramatic!

FWIW I've just taken a mate who owns a FQ360 out in my classic which has just been modified to 338 and 343 ft lbs torque and he was adament that there would be very little in it, if anything mine would be fractionally quicker. That's what less weight does for ya!

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 06 April 2008 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06 April 2008, 12:08 AM
jmckella
Scooby Regular

Cheers.
He's on about going to 390 next, then 500bhp so I'd just settle for where he is now !! Change over to the dark side after that me thinks !!!!!!!
Old 06 April 2008, 10:48 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Get a classic, something like the Type RA will give you a big grin and give the Evo a good run for it's money.
Old 06 April 2008, 11:01 AM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jmckella
I've got a 05 wrx and seems pretty quick, but have just had a shot of my mates evo VI with 325bhp and it was unbelievable ! The power was there with no effort at all. I hit 100 mph before I knew it and want something similar,it was nearly 10k on a w plate with isn't cheap. He had a 325bhp scoob classic before but didn't seem as quick.
What power can I get without having to replace the clutch, gearbox etc, and what price, realistally am I looking at ? I can't blow too much as I'm off to Holland soon to a festival and the missus will discard certain things if you know what I mean !!!!!!!!
Your transmition/clutch (depending on wear)should go to iro 400, Take a look at AndyForrestPerformance you can go to your specific car on the menu and it'll tell you what mods to get you to what bhp.