Sponsored by:

Any Non-Turbo owner here?

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2008, 08:55 AM
scoobasaurus
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Non-Turbo owner here?

I feel like I'm in an underclass of scooby owners...

Any other non-turbo owners out there?

Anyone managed to find an easy way to extract a few more horses from the NA engines?

Odd thing I found with my MY06 2.0 Sport, is that using the low ratio box, 0-60 happens in just under 8 seconds... repeatably. Big deal I hear the WRX owners say... but that's over half a second better than I can manage using the broader ratios.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:50 AM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Yes, I'm an ex-turbo owner, now own a 2007 RX Sport (plus a couple of other cars..).
I take it yours is a wagon if it has the low-ratio facility?

Have you had yours re-mapped by the dealer? After my 1000 mile service I complianed about some hesitation and lack of torque at low rpm. They made some enquires and told me to take it in for a re-map (done free of charge). Car pulls a lot better below 2500rpm now and feels a lot nicer to drive and much more flexible, pulls well in 3rd from under 2000rpm all the way to 7000rpm.

Don't know why you are worring about half a second - does it matter?
Old 20 March 2008, 04:20 PM
scoobasaurus
Scooby Newbie

It only matters because I'm an obsessive compulsive...

It doesn't really matter I suppose - even less so in the wet...

I'm interested in this remap thingy though... I've noticed mine hesitates around 2500rpm and just thought it was crappy fuel... I tried some of a friend's octane booster, but no difference... I'll ask my dealer when it goes in for it's service in a couple of weeks.

Once the warranty is out, it'll be interesting to see what can be done with the NA engine...
Old 20 March 2008, 04:45 PM
Microstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobasaurus

I'm interested in this remap thingy though... I've noticed mine hesitates around 2500rpm and just thought it was crappy fuel... I tried some of a friend's octane booster, but no difference... I'll ask my dealer when it goes in for it's service in a couple of weeks.

Once the warranty is out, it'll be interesting to see what can be done with the NA engine...
A 'flat' feel to the engine and hesitation around 2200rpm means that yours has not had the remap. The standard map keeps the timing well retarded (probably to meet Euro-4 emissions regs). According to the Subaru engineer (from HQ) that I spoke to, the remap is a good deal less sensitive to the knock signal and allows more advanced timing. Never mind making mods, the remap will make a BIG difference to the engine's responsiveness. That hesitation totally goes and torque from 1500-3000rpm is considerably increased. I suspect the engine may no longer meet Euro-4 though
Old 20 March 2008, 05:47 PM
tiny gsy
Scooby Regular

check out .:ImprezaSport.net:. mate and Ism usre you`ll get some ideas as to tuning the non-turbo`d cars.