Sponsored by:

Buying/Selling Feature

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2008, 05:34 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying/Selling Feature

Pretty sure this wouldn't take too long to implement.

I have noticed people have been stung by sales on SNet, it's not pleasant when the isht hit's the fan and flame wars start.

I think it would be a good feature to allow buyers and sellers to rate each other, obviously would need to structure it in such a way so that it's not open to abuse.

A seller could flag a post as sold and put in a user's name, much like eBay the buyer can than put in a comment e.g "good seller, items arrived promptly".

This give's other people confidence to deal with that person again and makes the whole buying selling a better experience. Equally the seller can view the buyers rating to confirm the person is genuinely after the goods or just messing around.

Doesn't need to be complicated, I think the dev(s) would need to do the following:

1. In the For Sale Sections only: Seller Flags his/her post as a sale item
2. Seller deals with interested parties as normal
3. Item sale is confirmed, seller views his/her control panel page etc to view items currently for sale (a list of the posts)
4. Seller finds the relevant post and marks it as sold, the post automatically gets flagged as sold so buyers know the item may not be available anymore
5. Upon completion of sale the seller closes the thread (or it closes off after being flagged sold for a certain number of days).
6. Buyer leaves a comment (page/control similar to guest book)
7. Seller leaves a comment

The comments would not be compulsory however I know from experience when people start using it everyone gets on board.

Discuss
Old 04 March 2008, 05:52 PM
Mew
Scooby Regular

looks kinda complicated.....................

if can be done and if implemented then gr8 but until then on big price sales il still just drive to places to see whatever item first hand and pay cash - no complications
Old 04 March 2008, 05:54 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Benn suggested a few times. I was one of the peeps that did it!

I think at the time the software didn't support it but it was under condsideration.

5t.