Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

What has been your experience of other scooby clubs?

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2008, 10:50 AM
JP4
Scooby Regular

Location: 700+ WR1 aka The Vuvu Zela...10.6 @ 136 weighing 1370kg....say no more....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What has been your experience of other scooby clubs?

Has anyone found them to be too "clicky"?

Or felt that their "newage" scoobies are not accepted by the "classic" crew?

Or they have not been accepted due to their background i.e. based on who the person is rather than the model of scoob they drive?

Speaking to a fellow Scoobynet member last night - told him about my experience with Surrey Scoobies Club and certain members (perhaps naming and shaming would do the trick) on there who have problems accepting new recruits/fellow scooby owners. .
Old 01 March 2008, 11:06 AM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

Scooby net is the only club I have bothered with as there seems to be a nice mix of cars and people to stop the above issues….

“Or felt that their "newage" scoobies are not accepted by the "classic" crew?”

We all no there jealous (that’s for not flashing back at me "classic" my *** just old )
Old 01 March 2008, 11:20 AM
bullyboy
Scooby Newbie

I dreive a classic and i flash wave or whatever to all scooby drivers whether its a classic a newage or a wagon they are all scoobys to me . I have found sc to be abit like mentioned above especially at the mo.
Old 01 March 2008, 02:46 PM
Will
BANNED

Nothing worse than a sad pathetic click, name and shame them mate.
Old 01 March 2008, 02:54 PM
tiny gsy
Scooby Regular

most clubs do suffer from these clicks whether it be newage and classic or turbo or non-turbo. I`ve noticed a few on here that don`t class the sport as a real scooby so IMO thats the same sort of thing as you`re talking about
Old 01 March 2008, 02:58 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

As it happens, we've got a dyno day on today for South West Scoobies.
They are a great crowd, all happily chatting and ribbing each other like you would. They arrived with 25 Imprezas a couple of hours ago, and I've just escaped for five minutes with a coffee while the chaps get on with it.
One major advantage is they brought a very high spec barbeque with them, and the workshop is now smelling of bacon and burgers instead of exhausts.
They have a mixed bag of cars from '93 classics to brand new 2.5's and no actual fighting has broken out that I'm aware of!
Old 01 March 2008, 02:59 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JP4

Or they have not been accepted due to their background i.e. based on who the person is rather than the model of scoob they drive?

Speaking to a fellow Scoobynet member last night - told him about my experience with Surrey Scoobies Club and certain members (perhaps naming and shaming would do the trick) on there who have problems accepting new recruits/fellow scooby owners. .
Did you ever come to a meet No

Most of the members have new age scoobs with 6 spec c's and all of them have know problems

You get what you put in to any club and sorry but you havnt even tried

James Surreyscoobies member
Old 01 March 2008, 03:21 PM
2pac
Scooby Regular

Are you sure it was surrey you went to?

The first surrey meet i went to i couldnt believe how warm and welcoming EVERY SINGLE person there was. My fiance and i were made to feel so welcome and not just by the guys in charge but everyone was happy to approach us and say hello and ask us about my scoob etc.

Dave
Old 01 March 2008, 03:22 PM
wilkoca
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JP4

A trolling statement if i ever saw one - i remember the pm you sent to me when you first signed up - suggesting the reason people were'nt responding to you was because they were JEALOUS of you having a WR1

HOW POMPOUS WAS THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reason people werent responding to you was because you wernt posting and not turning up at any meets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May i suggest you start "the nobody likes me JP4, im gonna sit in the corner and listen to EMO club - so people can kiss your ****"

If your gonna bitch at least have something to bitch about - you dont turn up to meets you dont post WTF how on earth can you say a club is clicky when you dont even interact.

AS for clicky - how did we manage to get 47 cars at the last meet !!!!

Seems strange that that was possible if this was a clicky club that didnt welcome its members.

No one else has these problems

May i suggest the problem is YOU!!!

Or as you said maybe the 300 or so club members are just jealous of your WR1 - they're all wrong and your right.

Grow up and get a life

Oh pls name and shame -
Old 01 March 2008, 03:41 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

I say name and shame them too

I'm far from a regular at the meets but when I do go all the guys and gals are spot on, always ready to chat and really helpful with any queries you got.
they were the same the first time I went, couldn't wish to meet a more friendly bunch of people,

personally I think your talking bo!!ocks or trolling

if there are anymore members of surreyscoobies that think the same as you then invite them along to join your cause, if there are no more that think like you then perhaps the problem lies with you, just a thought.

why not pop along to a meet and say hello, perhaps then you'll realise what a tit you've been
Old 01 March 2008, 03:49 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Hmmm never heard of our club as clicky

Maybe you should come to our next meet, you will see what a great lot we are. I have always made new members welcome, maybe you are referring to me not talking to you? sorry if it was but running the club you tend to have to spread yourself around and take membership enquiries etc so I do get tied up.

Come along next Sunday, no hard feelings eh
Old 01 March 2008, 03:55 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

What do people expect?? you have to put the effort in to meet new people and make friends... and actually turning up at meets helps as said (many, many) times before... just owning a subaru doesn't mean people should automatically fall over themselves to be your friend.....
Old 01 March 2008, 04:11 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

another surrey scoobies member here. since i joined back in august ive felt nothing but welcome. any question answered and people willing to go out there way to help fix any issues.
think its a bit pathetic to post up in here, why not post something in the forum and find out the score and voice your concerns.
havent tried very hard have you. i moved to somerset and travel to the surrey meets 150 miles. thats because i like the lads.
Old 01 March 2008, 04:15 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Everyone who drives a Scooby is a w*nker anyway

Oh, hang on a second

Old 01 March 2008, 04:23 PM
bodwrx
Scooby Newbie

First Post on hear at this rate be my last what crap.
or name and shame them because i think you have not got a clu
Old 01 March 2008, 04:28 PM
Stevie.p
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by JP4

Ive been a member of SurreyScoobies for around 4 years or so and never had any problems with anybody..... In fact the club has gone from strength to strength over that time and made alot of cracking mates in the process....

I cannot get to every monthly meet due to work reasons but when i do they are always a cracking afternoon out loads of mickey taking and laughs too.As for being Jellous of a WR1 all i can say to that is " GET A LIFE MATE " Im sooo not....

Im a big beliver that if you put the effort in you will get that and more in return.....

As Andy said please feel free to come to the meet next Sunday and see for yourself.......... and as for not waving i wave at a Subaru's and drivers and get some strange looks in return.....

Regards
A very happy SurreyScoobies member..........
Old 01 March 2008, 04:30 PM
ratboy
Scooby Regular

What a load of rubbish.
Lovely people and great banta
Obviusly you cant take a joke.
We have a 15 year old thats just built himself a turbo Justy.
Loads of **** taking but loads of respect.
If you cant take a joke,get a Fiesta,you silly sodd.
The surrey scoobies lot has made my life a far happier one.
And a problem asked is answered straight away.
Jelous of a WR1?
I test drove one.
Nice car.
Prefere classic.
Ratboy,a very content SS member

Last edited by ratboy; 01 March 2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01 March 2008, 04:35 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Just a thought.....

May I respectfully suggest that instead of you all launching an all out slagging match directed at JP4's post.... that you actually find out WHY he feels that way, in a calm and mature manner.... as if not you're actually coming across in the way he described, and I'm sure that's not in the true spirit of your club
Old 01 March 2008, 04:48 PM
ratboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Just a thought.....

May I respectfully suggest that instead of you all launching an all out slagging match directed at JP4's post.... that you actually find out WHY he feels that way, in a calm and mature manner.... as if not you're actually coming across in the way he described, and I'm sure that's not in the true spirit of your club
A good point.
And maybe i should say sorry to this chap.
Its just the SS lot are like an extended family to me and,and ive never known such a nice,interesting,funny,and helpfull bunch of people.
Everyone has there own qualities,and being a member has tripled scoobie ownership enjoyment.
So sorry to JP4 for flying of the handle.
I just found what you said very hurtfull.
Old 01 March 2008, 04:52 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Just a thought.....

and why bother, he's made his mind up and posted up here in sn abusing our site instead of posting in surreyscoobies voicing concerns. he has made no effort with us and then posted in here.
come to a meet and meet us all we dont bite and enjoy meeting new people. this isnt the way to do it and introduce yourself
Old 01 March 2008, 05:52 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

Jp4 if your a bit shy and find it difficult to walk over to someone you don't know and introduce yourself, it will take you for ever to get to know people at one of the meets, but someone has to make the first move, i have been to a few Surreyscoobies meets and have only spoken to a handful of people, but those i have not spoken to yet now recognise my car and me, and do give me a nod or smile when they see me and would stop and talk if i started a conversation with them, the members i have met so far are very friendly and always take the time to have a chat, so why not take the time to turn up to a few meets and get to know some of us, I'm sure you will change your opinion once you have spoken to some the members, i am more than willing to show you round and introduce you to the people that i have met so far, just turn up and i will find you.

Regards

Danny
Old 01 March 2008, 06:09 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

come on over to South Wales Scooby's, we are a real friendly bunch.

We had a joint meet with South West Scoobys the other week and they were a real friendly bunch too.

Last edited by Dan W; 01 March 2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: cant spell.
Old 01 March 2008, 06:44 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

i don't think a clique is really a clique, it's just the new guy, or indeed the main group are just a bit shy. most people (blokes especially) will welcome most non-ar5eholes readily.
Old 01 March 2008, 07:05 PM
ratboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gallois
i don't think a clique is really a clique, it's just the new guy, or indeed the main group are just a bit shy. most people (blokes especially) will welcome most non-ar5eholes readily.
Agreed,remember my first time turning up at a SS meet.
Felt like a spare dick on a honeymoon.
But 2nd time was better,and by the 3rd was loving it.
I do feel bad about my earlier post but its only coz im passionate about the club and scoobies.
Old 01 March 2008, 07:09 PM
ratboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dan W
come on over to South Wales Scooby's, we are a real friendly bunch.

We had a joint meet with South West Scoobys the other week and they were a real friendly bunch too.
Last time at the Japfest (castle comb) i met a really cool welsh chap that had the most gorgouse classic ive ever seen.
Had the full Monza body kit and was silver.
Ring any bells?
Old 01 March 2008, 07:16 PM
icklemiss
Scooby Regular

"Just a thought.....

May I respectfully suggest that instead of you all launching an all out slagging match directed at JP4's post.... that you actually find out WHY he feels that way, in a calm and mature manner.... as if not you're actually coming across in the way he described, and I'm sure that's not in the true spirit of your club "

It's not a slagging match, just sticking up for our friendly club and members.

Being female, the 1st time I turned up for a Surrey Scoobies convoy to an Alton meet, I was scared ****less, I had no need to be, I was warmly greeted and made to feel very welcome.

We have sooooo many new members joining at the mo I can't keep up, try and look out for new people at meets and out on driving around and wave to other scoobs.

Come along to the next meet, mingle say hi.

Or, why not tell us why you feel SS is clicky, then we can try and make sure no-one else feels that way.
Old 01 March 2008, 07:19 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I stalked my new local club on S'net for months before moving, laughed till I cried at some of the **** taking....

I almost felt that I knew people were o.k. before I met them.

Have to say the Wyioc have had issues, but it's about the people not just the cars. First time you will feel isolated, but as said before dive in with both feet and chat to the peeps.
You can't expect to get on with everyone in life, so avoid the friction and keep positive.

IMHO

DunxC

Hi to all the guys who meet in Hessle ! Bring on some daylight !
Old 01 March 2008, 07:35 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im from notts and ive heard your a bunch of clicky southern puftas
that cant drive for toffee!!!!

Last edited by ditchmyster; 01 March 2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01 March 2008, 07:37 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

I am new to Scoobys and the forum and if anything I felt the opposite at first. (Nothing to do with Surrey Scoobys just my feeling from some on here)

I have a MY97 STI and as you know classics can be had for very little money at the moment. Some comments have been, Scoobys are now chav machines because of the price etc etc.
Well I can’t afford a new age car, I am not a chav and to be honest wouldn't want a new age car anyway I like the classics.

Before I joined when reading some posts I felt like I would not be welcome here because of it. But most of you have been very welcoming and helpful

Give them a chance.
Old 01 March 2008, 07:37 PM
DANNYBOY2511
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
im from notts and ive heard your a bunch of clicky southern puftas
that cant drive for toffee!!!!
they talk about me up there too

Quick Reply: What has been your experience of other scooby clubs?