Sponsored by:

Somebody Help Me...!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2008, 12:48 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Somebody Help Me...!!!!

Okay...i used to own a MY97 Scooby near 5 Years ago, untill someone drove into the rear end and destroyed it...

Next came a MY98, which i modded to death, and i think got close to near 320bhp from it...got fedup stripped it to standard and sold it Eventually...

I think next came a M3 Evo - Lasted 2 months and sold (not up to my standard)

Then had a Boxster - 6 months later sold..

MY03 Sti - bought standard with the plans to mod but i was offered a 2002 M5 for a great price so ended up selling the Scooby and getting the M5...

Little over a year later this is what my my looks like:

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ml#post7642621

Sorry for the boring stuff above...Questions below:

Now the M5 is written off, and i was thinking of getting myself another Scooby...this is because i will have to take my insurance out again, and i just will not be able to afford it..as i would not be looking in excess of £2000

I used to have a standard MY03 STI but did not really think much of it...maybe because it did not have the PPP pack fitted?? but apart from power i thought the handling was not all that either...? can some one clarify / advise?

For £13K i can get myself a nice M5 which i am sure most of you will agree is a nice car, or what i want to do is get myself a ready done up Scooby and have some fun..yes i will loose the luxuries such as Sat Nav, TV, Blinds etc...

Not thinking of getting this..but just as an example:
Subaru : 485bhp UK Impreza STI

My brother also has a M5, though ofcourse not as messed up as mine... and we have plans to get to the ring again late april / early may....how willl a STI scooby say with TSL333 conversion comoare to a M5..

Or am i at the stage were i have owned a M5, and will find it difficult getting back into a Scooby...what car would you go get next after a M5? within budget...? I think main problem is the M5 was producing 400bhp...

I did think EVO's, but i rather keep with what i know about...

Thanks for anyhelp Guys...

Sam (Currently Confused!)
ps: the M5 forum is kinda borning.....sussh

Last edited by SamUK; 13 February 2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 13 February 2008, 09:02 AM
PantsUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SamUK
Okay...i used to own a MY97 Scooby near 5 Years ago, untill someone drove into the rear end and destroyed it...

Next came a MY98, which i modded to death, and i think got close to near 320bhp from it...got fedup stripped it to standard and sold it Eventually...

I think next came a M3 Evo - Lasted 2 months and sold (not up to my standard)

Then had a Boxster - 6 months later sold..

MY03 Sti - bought standard with the plans to mod but i was offered a 2002 M5 for a great price so ended up selling the Scooby and getting the M5...

Little over a year later this is what my my looks like:

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ml#post7642621

Sorry for the boring stuff above...Questions below:

Now the M5 is written off, and i was thinking of getting myself another Scooby...this is because i will have to take my insurance out again, and i just will not be able to afford it..as i would not be looking in excess of £2000

I used to have a standard MY03 STI but did not really think much of it...maybe because it did not have the PPP pack fitted?? but apart from power i thought the handling was not all that either...? can some one clarify / advise?

For £13K i can get myself a nice M5 which i am sure most of you will agree is a nice car, or what i want to do is get myself a ready done up Scooby and have some fun..yes i will loose the luxuries such as Sat Nav, TV, Blinds etc...

Not thinking of getting this..but just as an example:
Subaru : 485bhp UK Impreza STI

My brother also has a M5, though ofcourse not as messed up as mine... and we have plans to get to the ring again late april / early may....how willl a STI scooby say with TSL333 conversion comoare to a M5..

Or am i at the stage were i have owned a M5, and will find it difficult getting back into a Scooby...what car would you go get next after a M5? within budget...? I think main problem is the M5 was producing 400bhp...

I did think EVO's, but i rather keep with what i know about...

Thanks for anyhelp Guys...

Sam (Currently Confused!)
ps: the M5 forum is kinda borning.....sussh
I wouldn't have thought the M5 would keep up with an STI with the 333 pack or the powerstation mod ... or just light mods and re-mapped, mainly due to P2W ratio + the fact it's four wheel drive. The m5 is a heavy beast (must admit I almost bought one, love the things).

Also from a tuning point of view, anything you do to the M5 will cost you loads where as tuning a turbod car is relatively cheap if you compare the two.

From a handling point of view the whiteline simple mods seem to change the handling, personally I don't have a problem with mine but I've got used to the jerkyness and know when it's getting close to the limit and back off.

I'll also be taking mine to the ring later in the year

I'm not knocking m5s as I said I love them and in a straight line I'd have thought the m5 would probably have it but round the twisty stuff the scoob should beat it.
Old 13 February 2008, 10:38 AM
Marx Mcrae
Scooby Regular

That is a blooduy good price for that STi with that spec
Old 13 February 2008, 11:38 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

So...another M5 or another STI.....?

Or what about a Wr1? what is so special about this car?

Last edited by SamUK; 13 February 2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 13 February 2008, 12:53 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SamUK
So...another M5 or another STI.....?

Or what about a Wr1? what is so special about this car?
I've never been/driven in a M5, so wouldn't comment. If you've had both, surely you know which one you want this time...?

I don't think there's that much special about the WR1, ok, it's a special edition. Great if you like light blue. Will hold the value better. I'd take an modded STi over the WR1 everyday of the week.

Why not get a special STi? maybe JDM or dare i mention the C.

How modded do you want the STi? Like mine?!? If you're interested...
Old 16 February 2008, 12:06 AM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Well..iv not had a modded STI...but in standard form i thought they were quite poor....so before i go down the route of buying one and spending money on it.....just wanted some opinions...

but really i can see noone here is giving much input.....Insurance company have made an offer so wether its a Scooby or a M5...i will hopefully have a car by the end of next week.. k:
Old 16 February 2008, 12:33 AM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

M5 or Scooby.

Two very different motors so it depends what drving experience you want.

If you are only a bit of a hooligan and the rest of the time you want a nice drive, get the M5. It is a more solid car with a better all round ride, great build quality, no chav status although one in black may get you enquiries for "charlie"!, and you can open it up when you want to.

If you want hooligan chav for most of the time, like the exhaust blat, then get a well tweaked Scooby!