Sponsored by:

Catalunya - 1997MY - Headlamp Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2008, 01:01 PM
shipsrat
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catalunya - 1997MY - Headlamp Replacement

I have a standard '97 Catalunya, the nearside headlamp has been smashed and I need a replacement, electric adjustment, once I have the parts (looking at present) what is the removal replacment sequence to put the new one back in?
Old 20 January 2008, 04:32 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

First release the wiring from behind the headlight by squeezing the sides of the rubber boot it sits in FIRMLY together and pulling it backwards.

Remove grille, by depressing the two catches at the top, then pull it slightly towards you and upwards, it's seated in two holes at it's base.

HINT: once it's off, remove both catches from it's rear by undoing the two posi-headed screws, and use a small, flat screwdriver to push/lever the catch back to it's original position, then replace catches on grille. If you don't do this, at least one catch will stick "open" and the grille will be loose

Now undo the single screw on top of the headlight that holds the sidelight in place.

Pull the sidelight FIRMLY straight outwards. It's on a ball-and-socket joint, and may, (will ) take some shifting.

HINT: grease ball and socket before replacing. Don't worry too much if it breaks off, mine has been fixed with superglue/araldite and a piece of brass since six years ago with no probs And it's been in and out twice since breaking

You should now be able to see four bolts: two on the inner headlamp edge which were under the grille, and two on the outer edge, under the sidelight.
Undo all four, and pull/carefully manhandle the light out.

And as Haynes always say, "Refitting is the reverse of removal"

HINT: I'd refit or remove the electrical connector once the light is loose, that is unless you have VERY small, supple hands

HTH,
Alcazar