Sponsored by:

I am not amused

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2007, 03:20 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am not amused

Well evan though I have a garage about a mile away from where I live (some tosspot who does know know highway code parked over my driveway)

They have done it twice in row now. So I couldn't park me beast in my garage. So I had to parke it on the street near my house. Low and behold its been sctratched, some dick on a bike must of sctratched it. Only guessing as if it was vandalised it would of been down the whole car. Just a couple of sctratches on door.

Peed me off but I should be used to it as its going to happen every month. I live in Bridlington and its full of SCUM

Last edited by KINGTIGER; 23 December 2007 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 23 December 2007, 05:18 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they've parked across your drive get, the police to remove it.
Old 23 December 2007, 05:28 PM
postie90
Scooby Regular

to right!!!!
Old 23 December 2007, 05:54 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

I've been done to check and car ain't there no more typical. If it was I would of stuck a note on his car. Problem being the garage ain't been in use for years. Wasn't till my mums boss suggested that I could use it to keep it of street at night.
Old 23 December 2007, 05:56 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Put a sign up saying cars left obstructing access will be clamped
Old 23 December 2007, 06:02 PM
mattster12
Scooby Regular

Angry

Do what i did.
Got my dads landrover and dragged it from front of my drive
We have got 4 cars in our house mind and no room hardly on the street.
Woman kept doing it every day and i asked her more than half a dozen times not to.
One day she blocked the drive and i couldn't get my car out for work

Last edited by mattster12; 23 December 2007 at 06:05 PM.
Old 23 December 2007, 06:03 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

I'm not one for pulling people up on spelling and grammar, but I can't understand what you are trying to say mate it is so bad.

The gist I got was that someone has parked across your drive, and since you couldn't put the car in the garage, it has been scratched. Advice given is appropriate. Put a sign up stating no parking and call the police to remove any offending cars.

It's your garage and you have a right of access to use it. Providing that is there is a legal right of access to said garage.
Old 23 December 2007, 07:18 PM
amego
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mikkel
I'm not one for pulling people up on spelling and grammar, but I can't understand what you are trying to say mate it is so bad.

The gist I got was that someone has parked across your drive, and since you couldn't put the car in the garage, it has been scratched. Advice given is appropriate. Put a sign up stating no parking and call the police to remove any offending cars.

It's your garage and you have a right of access to use it. Providing that is there is a legal right of access to said garage.
Old 23 December 2007, 09:17 PM
gaddass
Scooby Newbie

As far as I know there is no 'right of access'.
If the garage is set back from a highway,a adopted road, then anyone is allowed to park there.
You dont own the road,or even the bit of pavement you drive over to get in the garage.
Common courtesy is what stop most people parking across someones access not any law/legislation.
Sadly common courtesy is dead,same as manners.
Old 23 December 2007, 10:14 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

So basically I'm screwed. I'm going to stick a note on car saying that the garage is now in use can u not park over my drive.

But they can basically ignore it can't they.
Old 23 December 2007, 10:24 PM
stcos85
Scooby Regular

I had a similar problem once so got my car and a friends and parked them either side of the other blokes car and went out for the day. He didn't park there again
Old 23 December 2007, 10:48 PM
gaddass
Scooby Newbie

Depends how moral you are,me Id ask em twice,maybe three times as Im getting older and more tolerant and if they carried on then Id assume they were taking the **** personaly as thed met me.
Then Id knife all their tyres,if you slap the sods old bill will have you lockd up the night in the moral right or not.
If your not so big and ugly as me then just block em in with a coupla mates cars.Do it twice and they wont park there again.
Old 23 December 2007, 10:51 PM
darrens_here
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gaddass
As far as I know there is no 'right of access'.
If the garage is set back from a highway,a adopted road, then anyone is allowed to park there.
You dont own the road,or even the bit of pavement you drive over to get in the garage.
Common courtesy is what stop most people parking across someones access not any law/legislation.
Sadly common courtesy is dead,same as manners.
Think your right there. Its the queens highway, and you have no right to park anywhere..... and as such have no "right" th the space in fornt of your drive. That said, I beleive it is illegal to block someone in, ie to park in front of your drive if the car is on it.
Old 23 December 2007, 10:55 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

yes slash their tyres that will defo do the trick
Old 23 December 2007, 10:56 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

As far as I'm aware, you have access rights to your drive if there is a dropped kerb, but, I have been wrong before though (once, circa 1987).
Old 23 December 2007, 11:25 PM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

many moons ago i lived in luton right next to a school, and i was always having probs parking in my front garden when the women were picking their kids up as they always blocked my drive, and yes i had a dropped curb to allow access to it ,i asked a copper one day what i could do and all he said was as they are not obstructing the highway there was nothing they or any one else could do a couple of times i struck lucky (and it was the same dopey bird that did it ) and i found she left her car unlocked so all i did was push it into the middle of the road (steering lock was duff)she was not bloody happy so good luck mate
Old 23 December 2007, 11:48 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

I once had a parking ticket for obstructing someones driveway. I was only parked about 1 foot across it. Not enough for the old guy who lived there not to be able to get his car out though. I only parked there as there was no where else in the street to park. £60 bl00dy fine too. So maybe it depends on the council? Worth investigating
Old 24 December 2007, 12:44 AM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

I'm just going to leave a notice tomorrow. The problem is the garage has not been used for years. Only reason I've got it is mum's boss overheard my mum saying I needed a garage.

My father just said to bounce on the car to set alarm of. But my luck some big bloke will come out with a baseball bat. I could see about getting double yellow lines put across though.
Old 24 December 2007, 03:47 AM
VanJesin
Scooby Newbie

If its a tarmaced surface opposed to gravel/dirt then get a trolley jack on the go and rotate the offending motor out of your way and prefferably blocking the road to some degree.

Drive off then call the cops to report the idiot blocking the road.

VJ
Old 24 December 2007, 03:53 AM
sportwagonred
Scooby Regular

suggest you find out who owns the motor and contact them saying the garage is now in daily use and politely ask them not to block you in or out as your insurance company say that it must be garaged when not in use. But you also are on call for work and may need to get out at any time .
If the owner continues to block you in make a visit early one morning knock him up and get him to move it. Won't park there again if it means getting up in the early hours to let you out. Problem solved without leaving yourself open to the big bruiser giving you what for as you've been polite all the way through.
Old 24 December 2007, 04:38 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

Originally Posted by KINGTIGER
So basically I'm screwed. I'm going to stick a note on car saying that the garage is now in use can u not park over my drive.

But they can basically ignore it can't they.
Stick a VERY Adhesive Note on the drivers side windscreen asking them to avoid parking in front of your garage as there is an unknown arsonist targetting that particular spot.
Old 24 December 2007, 06:46 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Old 24 December 2007, 08:38 AM
hrness
Scooby Regular

my mum has a housing association ground floor flat, in her terms if she does not own a car any other person from that estate can just pull into her drive for as long as they like.
how bad is that.
and they often do.
on the op.
i also believe you can park over an empty drive, although byelaws may also allow ticketing, clamping etc, so although not exactly illegal, councils use these bye laws to fine people for blocking access.
Old 24 December 2007, 09:57 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

I put a big notice on the garage door this morning, but it has become apperent they can't read. Still being blocked by another car. The annoying thing is the kerb is lowered not only for my garage, but it remains lowered about 50 meters for a very old shed. But they never park over that.
Old 25 December 2007, 09:16 AM
Scoobyspanners
Scooby Regular

Had an idiot block the access road to the rear of where I live.Went in the shed and got my trolly jack out, jacked the rear off the road and pushed the car round the corner out of the way! They never park there any more....
Old 25 December 2007, 04:41 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Time to stick the 1st polite note on their car. 2nd would be less polite stuck with strong glue. 3rd wouldn't be a note anymore...................................

Originally Posted by KINGTIGER
I put a big notice on the garage door this morning, but it has become apperent they can't read. Still being blocked by another car. The annoying thing is the kerb is lowered not only for my garage, but it remains lowered about 50 meters for a very old shed. But they never park over that.
Old 26 December 2007, 07:23 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

Well I've left a note on a car that was parked over my drive, so went to park in my garage and luckily I think they got the msg.
Old 26 December 2007, 08:34 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular