Imreza wrx (early type) buying?

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2007, 04:00 PM
Thiscocks
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imreza wrx (early type) buying?

Hi,

I am totaly new to this site and subarus, and just wanted some info from knowlegeble folk on the Imreza WRX which were built around '94-96 ish as I am thinking about buying one. Here is a link to one that looks good I think: David Hendry Cars : Impreza WRX STI V2 White

I have a budget of about 6K. I cant seem to find much info on these age wrx. I know they are rated at 280bhp? or maybe a bit lower. Some questions (sorry its quite alot ):

What should I look out for when buying one?

What are the general servicing times, expenses?

Are parts easy to source?

Are they a good everyday car?

Obviously I wouldnt expect them to be as easy to live with as say a mondeo but Ive read they are a bit better than the equivelant Evo as far as usability is concerned. I would just like to try an impreza, ive always liked the idea of the std(ish) looking 4 door that goes like s**t of a shovel when your in the mood plus they are a fair bit cheaper than the evo option. I may need to do some motorway miles it it, what are they like at the 70-80mph cruise (with standard exhaust) eg rpm?

Thanks for any info on these,

Regards,
Tim
Old 13 December 2007, 04:42 PM
KINGTIGER
Scooby Regular

I have a 97 sti and used it on the motorways for a couple of weeks when I was working down south. I find them comfortable I have apexi exhaust on but don't really annoy me loud but I can easily live with it.
Old 13 December 2007, 06:49 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Thiscocks
I may need to do some motorway miles it it, what are they like at the 70-80mph cruise (with standard exhaust) eg rpm?

Thanks for any info on these,

Regards,
Tim
Mine sits about 3000rpm at motorway cruising speed 70-80mph Classic but an auto.. Comfortable and overtaking is a doddle if needed