Price of Super Unleaded

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2002, 10:23 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Yes petrol topic again!

How can they get away with charging so much for Super?

Normal unleaded fluctuates by 1 to 2p which is not too bad (except on motorway services... where they surely have more customers yet charge more too... why?)

Yet I have seen Super Unleaded in Esso garages from 73.9 to 79.9..
On Saturday... the petrol gauge needle just above the middle of the 'E' pull into an Esso....79.9!!!! you have got to be having a laugh... and LRP?? 74.9.... surely it is more expensive to remove the lead and add the replacement than it is to remove the lead? I have no idea how they actually do it but gezzzz.... surely it is not 5p a litre more expensive to do that LRP? the normal unleaded was 69.9...
I refused to pay it... much to the surprize of my four passengers... I'd rather have run out up the road and walked to another station with a can than pay that much.. 2miles up the road and I got Optimax for 72.9... which is what I am trying to run the car on anyway.

Good on you Shell....

Old 14 January 2002, 05:59 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Angry

FFS! Only Esso SUL anywhere near me is 82.9p
Saw Shell SUL yesterday at 86.9P
We don't have Optimax in NI. Someone is taking the pi55 somewhere! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 14 January 2002, 07:52 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Wink

If you all vote for me at the next election I'm going to cut SUL and UL to 50p a litre. Ah! but what about the loss of tax revenue you say. Well that's easy I'm going to put diesel and LRP up to £4 a litre.

This will have three effects:-

1) All the drivers of old sheds will not be able to afford the LRP as if they could they'd have a modern car. There will therefore be no old sheds on the road - a good thing.

2) The haulage firms will moan and say 'Why tax our haulage industry to death?' to which I will reply 'Because then you'll be off the road and not in the way of car drivers'. I will move the majority of freight to the railways (its days as a passenger carrying mode of transport are nearly over anyway) and any freight distribution depot not located next to a railway line will be turned into a karting centre (with free entry for all Scooby drivers).

3) Now you are still wondering where the tax revenue will come from. Well that is easy. Due to the new CO2 emissions based company car tax legislation nearly every company car driver will be driving a diesel within the next 2 years. By the time I get elected they will therefore be a captive audience as the companies won't be able to sell the cars as due to the high price of the fuel the residuals will be on the floor - HAHAHA!

So there you have it - Vote tiggers for emptier roads and cheaper petrol for proper cars.

Regards,

tiggers.
Old 15 January 2002, 08:59 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Cool

You got my vote Tigger!

I thought petrol was expensive here....