Sponsored by:

when driving into a car park

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2007, 08:08 PM
HUDDERS1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when driving into a car park

when driving into a car park do you get paranoid and drive around looking for a parking spot were no one can park next to you? or do you think I'm mad?

mark
Old 30 October 2007, 08:11 PM
johnnywrx
Scooby Regular

not mad i do the same thing analizing all spaces looking for one that looks right
Old 30 October 2007, 08:12 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

lol I do this at our work carpark, always one numpty who will prang your car
Old 30 October 2007, 08:13 PM
HUDDERS1
Scooby Regular

thank god for that i thort it was just me.
Old 30 October 2007, 08:14 PM
satancom
Scooby Regular

Lifes too short.. I will avoid parking in obviously silly places.. but generaly my car gets parked all over. Used to worry bout car park dings but you still pick them up even if you park on your own
Old 30 October 2007, 08:15 PM
ODSSOCKS41
Scooby Regular

I do that all the time!
People are lazy so they like to park next to shop doors and open their car door in to your pride and joy,so i always go to the furthest space possible wont park next to trolley bays either

I've even got my missus doin the same otherwise she doesnt come home
Old 30 October 2007, 08:23 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HUDDERS1
when driving into a car park do you get paranoid and drive around looking for a parking spot were no one can park next to you? or do you think I'm mad?

mark
You're not mad. I'm getting increasingly aware of how others drive and park.

So I always try to park between established, well parked cars without bits hanging off them, or in a space on the end of an aisle.

...or park in a space that the person already parked, and will be next to you doesn't have to swing their front end towards your car to reverse out and drive to the exit.

...or at the supermarket, park away from the trolley parks or the footpaths or the crossings.

J.
Old 30 October 2007, 08:31 PM
VTR steve
Scooby Regular

This is my pet hate. I cannot stand people who park so close that you need a tin opener to get in your car . My girlfriend hates going into a car park with me as i drive around for ages trying to find a perfect space always end up having an argument
Old 30 October 2007, 08:32 PM
matttp1
Scooby Regular

not mad, its become a running joke between me and our lass because ill park so theres at least two spaces either side of me then ill come back and someone is always parked on my door handles no matter how many spaces there are
Old 30 October 2007, 08:42 PM
evilpob
Scooby Regular

I always look for 3 spaces and park in the middle or an end space.. so there is a curb one side... so they can only dink one side..

but i done this with all my cars..

but the missus just laughs...

I thought i was alone.. thank god..

Last edited by evilpob; 31 October 2007 at 12:02 AM.
Old 30 October 2007, 08:43 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

I do the same,always leave a little earlier to take time to find a good space. But as said someone will always park next to you even if there are hundreds of empty spaces around
Old 30 October 2007, 08:55 PM
AlexJReid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by evilpob
I always look 3 spaces and park in the middle or an end space.. so there is a curb one side... so they can only dink one side..
ME TOO!

Failing that, parking over two spaces (only if there are plenty of spaces free at an unused end of the car park, of course.)
Old 30 October 2007, 08:59 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

I try not to use them at all if possible, but if I have to then I always look for another good car to park next to. At least then you know some old banger with a back seat full of kids won't pull up next to you.
Old 30 October 2007, 09:13 PM
20withascooby
Scooby Regular

park over two spaces aswell ppl get the **** but oh well just dnt want ppl marking my car
Old 30 October 2007, 09:15 PM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

I try to take some one with me and make then go to do what ever im out for,or I never leave anythin good anywere buy a scaper to go shoppin
Old 30 October 2007, 09:19 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Try to get one side safe, as mine got dinged in Hexham in the summer....

Empty car park, find a spot, come back DING !

FN mad...

Dunx

Anyone got a number for DentMasters
Old 30 October 2007, 09:21 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Wink

I can afford to run my car so not worried about car parks etc
Old 30 October 2007, 09:23 PM
postie90
Scooby Regular

me to lol.... i allways drive around to find the right spot! but garanteed some one will park nxt to you!!!!
Old 30 October 2007, 09:25 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

mark
Nope - completely normal
Old 30 October 2007, 09:34 PM
MarkGArgyle
Scooby Regular

Only take the scoob to Tescos if I have my son with me - can use the mother and toddler spaces

Although I do get seriously p1ssed if i see non-parents using them when I don't have him and park in the farthest corner of the car park.

And whilst I am on the topic - why do disabled people feel the need to use the M&T spaces when they would scream blue murder is a parent used the disabled spaces......

Rant over
Old 30 October 2007, 09:52 PM
AlexJReid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MarkGArgyle
Only take the scoob to Tescos if I have my son with me - can use the mother and toddler spaces

Although I do get seriously p1ssed if i see non-parents using them when I don't have him and park in the farthest corner of the car park.

And whilst I am on the topic - why do disabled people feel the need to use the M&T spaces when they would scream blue murder is a parent used the disabled spaces......

Rant over
I've been shouted at my mothers telling me that I am parked in a 'special' space for parents. They hadn't seen the three year old in the back and just assumed that no respectable parent would drive an Impreza.

This made me paranoid about parking in these spaces... just in case some angry parent decided to teach the boy racer car parked in one of 'their' spaces a lesson with their trolley....

Again, I know, I know, this is stupidly paranoid over a P reg banger
Old 30 October 2007, 10:11 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

if going somewhere like asdas shopping etc, il park right away from the entrance, usually over two spaces. slightly selfish i know, but always well away from anyone else. 2 points on this...

1.a few other cars do this too, recently an x5 did, and a nice m3 beemer too. well away from the entrance, but over two spots.
2.one of the trolley guys and i got into a brief conversation about doing it, and he actually fully agreed with me. said the spots are too tight and as long as im out the way...

paying carparks, i always get right upto one side as far across the space against a kerb/wall as possible, and make the mrs get out the drivers door. got that close to a wall once i scraped the passenger mirror a little. oops
Old 30 October 2007, 11:05 PM
Gilesdwrc
Scooby Regular

mark
completely normal . I'll look for a space between two nice cars not a knackered old banger, but I'm wary of x5's rav4's and the like; posh mummy's can't drive!
Old 30 October 2007, 11:39 PM
evil.soup
Scooby Senior

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You sound like a sensible lad to me, two laps and then i pick the two spaces away from everyone and park between them or park half on the yellow lines in a carpark.

The sad fact is, that most of the public couldnt give a toss about your car so you have to park like a ***
Old 30 October 2007, 11:47 PM
UP4IT
Scooby Regular

Must admit i always park away from ****ters that look like they dont care for there cars, anything that could belong to an old couple that may need the doors operning wide. And certain people at work that have a reputation for bashing cars as thay pull out of spacers.

Apart from that ill park anywhere.
Old 30 October 2007, 11:53 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah, and 4x4s, landies or other "big" stuff where if they do open their door clumsily, there's no chance of a door protector or similar softening the blow. <crunch> Plus they're the size of a small bus in the first place so impossible to park adequately. Should have roller blinds, not doors...
Old 30 October 2007, 11:57 PM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

I used a huge supermarket in France a few years back. It was in August at height of the holiday season and the place was so jam packed I couldn't find the bluddy car for 20 minutes when I came out!

Went back to the same supermarket a week later but now we are in the first week in September and all the Frogs have gone home.

Anyway, learning from the previous occasion, and despite the car park which could hold at least 500 cars being nigh on completely deserted, I parked my car miles away from the entrance by a huge 60 foot high post that carried the entire lighting system for the car park so no problem finding the car this time I thought.

Half an hour later, when I came out, despite the fact there were at least 300 empty spaces closer to the front door, there were five cars all parked next to mine - all Brits, and ALL Volvos!!
Old 31 October 2007, 12:02 AM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

I stay well away from all the other cars, even if it is pouring down. But i have still ended up getting the dirvers door ping'd
Old 31 October 2007, 12:07 AM
scoobyhurky
Scooby Regular

mark
Same here, but if i have to i try to park next to a car that looks like it is well looked after as they wouldnt like there car banged either so wouldnt do it to yours, works for me
Old 31 October 2007, 12:34 AM
mike h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MarkGArgyle
I was parked in a M&T spot at Tesco when the daughter was a baby, they went in an i stayed in the car.
Some woman came marching out giving it "all that" cos i was parked there!
Soon changed her tune when the missus came back...with the baby!

Quick Reply: when driving into a car park