Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Newbie sounding like a newbie....

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2007, 08:34 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie sounding like a newbie....

As some may know I am picking my car up on saturday - 07 STi.

Now I know it comes with DCCD and has a YAW sensor, basically I am under the impression that the DCCD lets you shift how much power you want to the front or rear wheels, ie a 40/60 split, is this correct? If so what is what with the various settings?

As for the YAW sensor - is this a sensor that detects which wheel/s have the most grip therefore the power is directed to said wheels?

My apologies for my lack of knowledge, if anyone can explain the two things and explain how to adjust them and what to adjust them too it would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

G
Old 23 August 2007, 08:48 PM
NISFAN
Scooby Regular

Yaw sensor is used in automatic mode, it tells the DCCD computer what angle the car is at. If in too much of a tail out slide, it increases drive to the front wheels to bring things back in line.

In manual mode, you get what you set. With it turned to minimum front torque I think you still get atleast F35/65R split, as it is what the diff gearing ratio is.

Although it is much more complicated than this in reality, but lets not go there, the simple version should suffice for now.
Old 23 August 2007, 08:49 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

Ahhh, cheers for that mate.

G
Old 23 August 2007, 09:11 PM
magicgreg
Scooby Regular

Am I also right in thinking that the DCCD only works when you have your foot on the gas?

As I only had the car for a test drive for about 4 hours by the end my confidence in the car was starting to rise so I took a few corners and roundabouts at some decent speed. I particularly noticed it on a roundabout where I went 3/4 of the way around, i managed to go round without running wide at a silly speed, thought the bloody thing was going to tip over!

Also when really giving it some in the bends and around the roundabouts there was a sort of clunk noise......

I hope I'm not about to buy a dud of a motor or is this the diff??

Cheers