Sponsored by:

Mill Lane (bassingstoke) - thumbs up!

Search this Thread

Old 08 December 2000, 11:40 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just got my tracking/geo done at Mill Lane this morning, they seem a top bunch, and pay a lot of care and attention to things.

And generally were very helpful with advice about other P1 related stuff.

The thing is a more local dealership had done the tracking/geo a week earlier and charged a lot more to do, and obviously had not done it correctly, as Mill Lane produced a computer read-out of before and after, and to say it was out of wack is an understatement, so I will be going back to other dealership and ask for a refund...

Thanks to the guys at Mill Lane, as the remainder of the drive to work showed up how much better the car is handling now!
Old 08 December 2000, 02:02 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I can only agree with Alex's comments. I've been using them for nearly two years now!

The service is brilliant, and they would have to screw up quite badly for me to change dealers!!
Old 08 December 2000, 02:06 PM
Tony Quinn
Scooby Regular

Hey Alex,

I hope that Charles didn't try to talk you out of max negative camber at the front. He tried it with me and I disagreed but he still had the car set to his personal preference. What he said about max camber resulting in the car following ruts in the road was correct, but it's a trade off that I'm happy with.

They are always friendly and helpful at Mill Lane though. The scary thing is that Charles always knows my registration whenever I book it in. I'm sure that I can't be that much trouble.

P.S. Won't be able to make Fleet on Sunday. Please send my apologies to everyone.
Old 08 December 2000, 02:10 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Tony,

I just went with the prodrive P1 geo settings, which is what they've put back on...

what amazed me soo much, was their flashing computer setup that checks the alignment, so accurate!

Could it be something to do with the Ring, that means they know you so well???

They seem to take the time to explain in detail what they find, and general spend time on answering your questions to the fullest... something I havent found before, well to this degree...

So I feel my 15K service in two months time will be there...

Alex

PS> I'll appologise to all on Sunday, shame you cant as its looking like a big meet!

[This message has been edited by DrEvil (edited 08 December 2000).]
Old 08 December 2000, 02:17 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Tony,

I remember you saying that to me at the time, when I picked up my car in April this year!

Charles only asked me one question.... "How do you drive the car?" I think my reply was "Quite hard", and he said that maximum negative camber would suit the car!!!

They know my reg, and Charles can roll out the spec. of my car, and the rolling road figures!!!

Very friendly and professional, which is quite hard to find these days!!

Andy