Sponsored by:

Subaru UK: Complaints

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2007, 11:22 AM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Subaru UK: Complaints

Has anyone had an expensive claim turned down by Subaru an managed to get either a turn around or some sort of vindication?
I have a very grave issue with a dealer but as part of it they have lied to Subaru UK about some facts.
Old 01 August 2007, 11:28 AM
carnivorous
Scooby Regular

ring Subaru UK direct, ask to speak to someone in the PR department. tell them what's happened and that you'd like their opinion on it before going to the car magazines with your story. if needs be, tell them a friend of yours is a journalist for What Car? or whatever.....

it might help.

or it might not......

good luck.
Old 01 August 2007, 11:50 AM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Ok

Already done it yesterday have prepared the letter and all relevant documentation and im sending today via recorded delivery. Just really trying to find out if anyone has took a fight to them an won in one way or another.
Old 01 August 2007, 11:59 AM
carnivorous
Scooby Regular

Kind of. I took the fight to the dealer though. Helps that I am motoring press and on top of that was in a position to take legal action.

Thread here:

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...nightmare.html

I'd ring them before sending a letter. It's easy to ignore a letter, but if you've got them on the phone you can gauge their immediate reaction to your complaint and take it from there.

Just for info, what happened?
Old 01 August 2007, 12:11 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

I'd put your complaint in writing.

Twice I wrote to Subaru UK about my old Classic - once when the paintwork was stone chipped to an unreasonable degree when the car was (IIRC) less than two years old, and again when the engine let go at 62k miles.

It took a few letters - politely worded but nevertheless very clear about why I was unhappy - but I got results. I had half the car resprayed to fix the stone chips, and all the parts (engine block, turbo etc) provided to rebuild my engine leaving me to just pay the labour charge.

It's a shame I had to do either, but given that they could have stuck firmly to the terms of the warranty (and basically told me to get stuffed), I was quite satisfied. It's got to be worth a go, you've nothing to lose.
Old 01 August 2007, 12:20 PM
carnivorous
Scooby Regular

I have to agree there mate. I had a few little issues with my classic. Clutch went when it was 4 years old, replaced for free. Brake master cylinder went at 4.5 years old, replaced for free. Cat went at 5 years old, replaced for free. Warped brake discs twice, both times sorted for free.

Then again, I bought the car as a LHD in Germany as my folks lived there at the time. Registered it there too...£150.- a year fully comp for a 20 year old! So when I had problems I had to ring Subaru Germany and they rang Subaru UK and sorted me out. From my experience, it may have been down to this. Subaru Germany were/are nothing short of amazing on customer service! Maybe because they barely sell any cars...Germans are idiots...they'd rather have an R32 than an STI and will pay 10k more just because it's a german car. Even though it's a total piece of crap. I should know, I'm German....but I've converted!

LOL
Old 02 August 2007, 09:33 AM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default Here Goes

I bought a car that 'supposedly' had the remainder of the factory warranty left, figures were fiddled for the free 3 year servicing by dealers and my warranty was actually non existant. This only came to light when the engine went pop, so I think im gonna sue for compensation depending on what the outcome from Subaru UK is.

Trending Topics

Old 02 August 2007, 10:31 PM
chris-RB5
Scooby Regular

Go above there head and speak to IM motors