Sponsored by:

Goodwood - big thanx to Tony Quinn

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2000, 01:24 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Just a quick note to say thanx to Tony Quinn and co for sorting out Goodwood at the weekend, most entertaining!

particularly enjoyed fish tailing the scoob through some water on the back straight at 110mph+... the whole day has helped me to understand the car a little more, and get over my fear of wet roads (since my accident in Feb '00 in an MX5)..

Hope to see the footage from a few of the other cars that had video cams in soon.. and hope Rich_R is sorted since his little mishap...

Thanks again to all, good to meet a few new poeple... and the guys & girls on the motorbikes were complete nutters!!

cheers, Alex

PS. my P1's breaks & tyres seem ok, but I hit another bloody pot-hole visiting the same friend as before last night.. rear geo slightly out this time, damnit!
Old 27 November 2000, 02:05 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Who picked up my warning triangle?!?!?!? From me Boxter! lol

The bikers had it! Thieving beggers!
Old 27 November 2000, 03:13 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

I thought Rich_R borrowed it for the first session?!
Old 27 November 2000, 04:14 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

PS. Thanx also to Triggar for co-piloting on my last go round goodwood, thanx for the pointers mate, made me a whole lot faster..

Old 27 November 2000, 04:22 PM
Steve Prockter
Scooby Regular

Lining up in order of lap times!

Not

Steve
Old 27 November 2000, 04:40 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Talking

In that case I think I should have been at the back of the queue!

Was my first time though!

Nice Evo Steve, did you get some good video footage (apart from lapping me! )??

Cheers, Alex
Old 27 November 2000, 06:36 PM
A Dorrington
Scooby Regular

Thanks Tony I had a great time i am very pleased with my new toy. Still think the bikers were very brave. Steve nice picture of the evo, now put the pictures of the proper cars on!! Will e-mail you seperately my address etc.

good to meet everybody, faces to names

Hopefully going to Donnington at the end of December, anybody else going to do it??

Cheers Andy
Old 27 November 2000, 08:24 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

YES YES YES
but where is my triangle?! Anyone know the biker who did the speech at the start?! He had it evidentally! That thing is gonna cost me shed loads from AFN, I can feel it!

LOL
where is my warning triannnnnngggggglllllle!
Old 28 November 2000, 02:43 AM
Tony Quinn
Scooby Regular

Cor blimey! Fancy leaving your triangle behind. Jon had asked the marshalls to collect it when they collected the R6 from the road, so they should have it. He spoke to Goodwood today but there was a different group of marshalls on duty today. Hopefully they will call tomorrow with news.

I think that everyone enjoyed themselves and congratulations to those who went out in the monsoon conditions (especially Dave on his R1 which seemed to spend more time on one wheel than two). Well done to everyone though. Happily there were no serious accidents despite some plonker getting sideways whilst overtaking.

Special congratulations go to Alex for sticking with it in difficult conditions on his first track day and to Trigger for being glued to the tail of Mitsubishis whenever I saw him.

I'll try to grab some pictures from video/other sources over the next few days and post them here.
Old 28 November 2000, 08:19 AM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

Hi all,

A great day out - despite my encounter with the tyre wall

Car is fine (thanks Alex) just some scratches and the rear bumper is pushed in slightly. Ronnie is going to give me a contact number to get it sorted - cheers M8.

Greasy S02's with only 300 miles wear are a nightmare in the wet - but were great once properly scrubbed in

Highlights of the day:

- Tony sticking a lager can up his exhaust to pass the noise test - although this later blew out on track

- Ronnie and co following following the convoy down in the open top Porsche despite the rain, singing all the way

Sorry I have to leave early - had an important pi$$ up to get to back home - still recovering now

Some pictures from my car following Alex and Trigger are here (didn't blank out the plates as you can not see them due to the spray):
Old 28 November 2000, 02:50 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Thanks to you all for a great day out - but my tyres just have to go ! SO2s here I come - my old RE010s just didnt have any grip in the wet.

Rich R - hope it doesnt cost too much to get it all sorted.

Dr Evil - it was great fun - and glad to be of some use - will get the video upto you on Saturday - got some great footage.

Tony - The Evo deserved it ! He trounced me when it was soaking - I just had to get some honour back !

Best (and most scary) moment of the day - Aquaplaning at about 120 mph down the Levants Straight !

See you all soon.

Trigger
Old 29 November 2000, 04:22 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Triggar - thanx again mate.
Rich - hope you get things sorted soon.
Tony - thanx for a great day...

et al, just one further note from the day, some highlights for me were:

- fish-tailing/aqua planing @ 115mph+
- nearly triggering an example lift-off-over-steer going into the cicaine..
- managing to keep the car on the track!

l8rs, Alex
Old 29 November 2000, 05:23 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Damn, why didnt you lot say so before, i know the Financial Controller of Goodwood

Sunil
Old 29 November 2000, 05:30 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Tip of the week.
Do not leave warning triangles on country roads, cause they get nicked by farmers. And do not drive all the way to goodwood with the roof down in a boxter as by tuesday you will have tonsilitus, as I have now.

Rich. Must of been the singing, ps...have mailed a man about your dent mate...awaiting reply a.s.a.p

Laters all.
Ronnie

[This message has been edited by RonaldoH (edited 29 November 2000).]
Old 29 November 2000, 05:37 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

PS. anyone got their pics from the 'profesional' photographer that was there on the day??? cos I havent yet..

Cheers, Alex
Old 29 November 2000, 07:49 PM
Tony Quinn
Scooby Regular

Smile

Calm down Alex! Try to contain your excitement. There's people still waiting for their pictures from Trax 2000. I'm still waiting for some pictures from a Silverstone day in June. Actually, I've given up on those. I believe that the Goodwood photographer promised a 5 working day turnaround.

The good news is that some of the photos were apparently posted today and the rest will be posted tomorrow, so you should receive them either tomorrow or Friday. Something to show off at Box Hill? I'll try to make it to Box Hill this time but I have "work" commitments on Saturday morning.

Sunil, what are you saying? Super discount prices? If you think that you can help out why not drop Stef a line to see whether he is interested in arranging an SIDC day at Goodwood?

That Evo was scorching away down the straights in the final session, definitely quicker than any STIs that I have seen on previous track days. How did you find him Trigger? You certainly weren't having a problem in an earlier, wetter session.

Stef, any interest for 2001? Still waiting impatiently by the way!!!!!
Old 29 November 2000, 08:09 PM
Gary Foster
Scooby Regular

Arrow

How did I miss this !

Goodwoods only 20 miles down the road for me, I've been waiting for something to come up there so I can do my first track day !

Oh the calamity !
Old 30 November 2000, 04:58 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Cool

Tony - I'm calm, i'm calm, just had a kak week so far! yet another pot-hole type probs cost me £75 to rectify...

Got a SS DP done though. sounds good

Now just paranoid after reading the comments in 98 engine failure thread...
Old 30 November 2000, 05:49 PM
TRIGGER
Scooby Regular

Tony - I didnt find him any faster on the straights than me most of the day - it was the far better turn in and lack of understeer that I couldnt compete with ! Until it dried out - then it was more even.