Hi i'm new!

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2007, 12:24 PM
rks275
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi i'm new!

Hi,

I'm new to scoobynet have just recently bought myself a scooby, before that I had a vauxhall corsa,

My scooby is a UK 1997 turbo 2000 awd 4dr model in Red
I'm not planning on doing a great deal of modifications to begin with, and probably only performance, as i think it looks perfect the way that it is
but in the shortterm I am looking at fitting a rear silencer and a dump valve
Old 01 June 2007, 12:32 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rks275
Hi,

I'm new to scoobynet have just recently bought myself a scooby, before that I had a vauxhall corsa,

I'm not planning on doing a great deal of modifications to begin with, and probably only performance, as i think it looks perfect the way that it is

welcome, get it done fella, you wont regret it. also as a initiation process we scoobyent members follow, you must post pics of your girlfriend or lover, preferably half nude.

welcome anyways mate
Old 01 June 2007, 01:06 PM
BLACK V5
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi,

Exhaust will give it that nice flat 4 rumble. The standard dump valve on there is the best 4 the job. So spend the money on the brakes. Early classics are shocking.
Old 01 June 2007, 07:12 PM
rks275
Scooby Regular

I see what you are saying about the brakes! I had better brakes on my Corsa than the impreza has.

What are the best brake upgrades to go for on a budget?

would grooved discs and better pads make a difference or do I really need to look at bigger discs different calipers.

i understand what your saying about the DV but i want a noisy one! it might well be something that I change back at a later date
Old 01 June 2007, 07:17 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Dont bother with a noisy one, they do nothing for the car, however, get one if your sole intention is to drive up and down your local high street posing in front of the chavtastic.

Nik.

I see what you are saying about the brakes! I had better brakes on my Corsa than the impreza has.

What are the best brake upgrades to go for on a budget?

would grooved discs and better pads make a difference or do I really need to look at bigger discs different calipers.

i understand what your saying about the DV but i want a noisy one! it might well be something that I change back at a later date
Old 01 June 2007, 08:54 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
welcome, get it done fella, you wont regret it. also as a initiation process we scoobyent members follow, you must post pics of your girlfriend or lover, preferably half nude.

welcome anyways mate
and with a loaf of bread on your head. at least that's what i was advised
Old 01 June 2007, 08:57 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

dv - never understood why anyone would replace it from a performance point of view. now i'm no expert, but why replace a recirculating valve with something that gets rid of all the pressure you've built up just for the whoooooooosh noise? they can sound good, but AFAIK there is no performance benefit
[having said that, i did give it some thought a while back]
Old 02 June 2007, 08:52 AM
rks275
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richardg
dv - never understood why anyone would replace it from a performance point of view. now i'm no expert, but why replace a recirculating valve with something that gets rid of all the pressure you've built up just for the whoooooooosh noise? they can sound good, but AFAIK there is no performance benefit
[having said that, i did give it some thought a while back]
yup i dont want it from a performance point of view though

have just always fancied one when I get a turbo'd car and now I have a turbo'd car
Old 02 June 2007, 09:09 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Don't foget to buy the cap that you'll have to wear to go with the WHOOOSSHHH sound

Chip
Old 02 June 2007, 09:18 AM
Crazymad Chick
Scooby Newbie

lol at the replies about the dump valve.. I just bought mine and its already had a new one fitted.. However, when I had my 200sx turbo and it was my first car with a turbo and a dump valve fitted I spent the first week making the local groups of lads turn to look at the car by waiting till I was passing to make the whooosh noise...

After about a week.. I got bored of doing that..

I am also guilty of having my cars resonably offensively loud when it comes to exhausts... hehe...

Just do what you want to your car as at the end of the day modications are a personal choice, some people will agree with you, some wont.. just make sure your happy..

Oh and HI..