Sponsored by:

ECU Info Request

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2007, 10:07 PM
WRX Youngster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Info Request

I wonder if anyone can help, I have a 95 WRX which has got a problem with the ECU, so i am looking at getting a replacement. But am confused by the amount that look the same, but have a different number on the top of them Z4 etc. Does anyone know of a list of what models they are all for, i have been told that the boost levels etc are different with different ecu,s. I was just wondering what the best one to get would be.

Thanks.
Old 03 April 2007, 10:11 PM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX Youngster
I wonder if anyone can help, I have a 95 WRX which has got a problem with the ECU, so i am looking at getting a replacement. But am confused by the amount that look the same, but have a different number on the top of them Z4 etc. Does anyone know of a list of what models they are all for, i have been told that the boost levels etc are different with different ecu,s. I was just wondering what the best one to get would be.

Thanks.
Curious why your changing the ECU, If the ECU is telling you theres a problem changing it wont solve the problem, any more info on the fault?
Old 03 April 2007, 10:48 PM
WRX Youngster
Scooby Regular

The problem was that the car was failing the MOT on emissions, when on the machine the CO was ok and then it would go racing up to 10 - 11%CO.

changed bits like lambda, air flow sensor, but to no avail. Then changed the ECU for a spare that a friend at work had and it cured it, tried another ECU also and that was ok, so it must be something in the ECU that has failed (not sure what). I have been told that a Z4 ECU is a good one to go for?? Any recommendations??

Thanks