Sponsored by:

Some scumbag scoping my house

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2007, 12:15 AM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some scumbag scoping my house

My neighbour just called to tell me there was some guy looking around my house, over the back wall and then round the front through the kitchen window. He then looked at my WRX but legged it back to his car when the security light came on.

He was in a black Fiesta with tinted windows and alloys with about 20 spokes, I didn't get the reg plate.

It's been reported to the cops. Be on the lookout if you are in the South Bucks area.

Last edited by GaryCat; 23 March 2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 23 March 2007, 10:09 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can park it somewhere secure and get some cctv up
Old 23 March 2007, 10:14 AM
spender
Scooby Regular

Lets keep them peeled for the Fiesta then, it would be great to spot him and trail him around for a while..................
Old 23 March 2007, 10:25 AM
Solly
Scooby Regular

Maybe a small cctv system from b and q would be worth the investment?
Old 23 March 2007, 10:58 AM
AndyP's_P1
Scooby Regular

Get yourself a baseball bat just on the off chance you catch him at it again.
Old 23 March 2007, 11:15 AM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyP's_P1

No bad idea, you be charged by the police for that, you need something like a shovel out of the garden. "I just grabbed the shovel to protect myself officer".

If you must to go down the baseball bat route then get bottle of amonia to spay in there face/ eye's instead, no need to get to close then.
Old 23 March 2007, 12:21 PM
AndyP's_P1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T5OLF
No bad idea, you be charged by the police for that, you need something like a shovel out of the garden. "I just grabbed the shovel to protect myself officer".

If you must to go down the baseball bat route then get bottle of amonia to spay in there face/ eye's instead, no need to get to close then.
Ahhh how foolish of me.

I like your thinking tho
Old 23 March 2007, 01:26 PM
Probein
Scooby Regular

Just strip a wire which is plugged into the mains and have it touching the body of the car. That way he'll get a nice 240 volt surprise when he goes to get into your car! Just remember to remove it before you go to drive...
Old 23 March 2007, 01:47 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Probein
Just strip a wire which is plugged into the mains and have it touching the body of the car. That way he'll get a nice 240 volt surprise when he goes to get into your car! Just remember to remove it before you go to drive...

I remember years ago some bloke doing that to his Sierra Saphire Cosworth.

He got taken to court over it. He was charged as he could have injured an innocent bystander who just happened to brush-up against his car.

I also remenber another guy who used to take out his ECU out of his Cossie so it couldn't be driven away. They lifted it onto the back of a flat back lorry instead and knicked it anyway.

There is only so much you can do to protect your car/house etc. If someone wants it badly enough they'll get it, weather you get in their way or not.
Old 23 March 2007, 01:53 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

You were lucky, the scumbag who broke into my house was not deterred by multiple security lights coming on and the fact that we were asleep upstairs at 6am
Old 23 March 2007, 02:26 PM
RICH S202
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyP's_P1
Hi
i do not recommend one bit taking such action. You will end up in a lot of trouble as the law works in a strange way. My recommendation is to make sure you have people keep an eye on the car as often as possible and report any action that is seen. Always make sure you have your keys in a safe place but not on a table near to any of your doors. If someone does break into your house then you are entitled to use 'reasonable force' to protect yourself which does not constitute taking someone hostage and then going to work on him.

Section 24.4 of the Police and criminal evidence act constitutes a citizens arrest

Rich
Old 23 March 2007, 02:47 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RICH S202
Hi
i do not recommend one bit taking such action. You will end up in a lot of trouble as the law works in a strange way. My recommendation is to make sure you have people keep an eye on the car as often as possible and report any action that is seen. Always make sure you have your keys in a safe place but not on a table near to any of your doors. If someone does break into your house then you are entitled to use 'reasonable force' to protect yourself which does not constitute taking someone hostage and then going to work on him.

Section 24.4 of the Police and criminal evidence act constitutes a citizens arrest

Rich
"yes officer, i believed i used a reasonable amount of force when i trapped said burglers head in my car door and drove off to give him a test drive of 'what he could have won'"

see your point though.
Old 23 March 2007, 03:01 PM
RUDDY
Scooby Regular

what about a note on the window saying "look fiesta kid **** off, were one step ahead of the game" and that he should visit your pig farm!
Old 23 March 2007, 03:04 PM
RICH S202
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
"yes officer, i believed i used a reasonable amount of force when i trapped said burglers head in my car door and drove off to give him a test drive of 'what he could have won'"

see your point though.
HA HA i shouldnt laugh but what the heck. I know what youre saying and in the real world it would be the thing to do , but often these scumbags get the upper hand over you and the law so be careful.
By the way i am an Military Police Officer so i just shoot the buggers

Rich
Old 23 March 2007, 03:05 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

Originally Posted by T5OLF

If you got kids claim the bat had been left in the garden by them, just make sure there is a ball lying near by also. Sometimes an assault charge for the satisfaction of battering a scum bag seems worth it tho. You could always claim he brought the bat and you wrestled it off him whilst frightened for your life. just make sure that once he's unconscious you get his prints on it.

oops im goin too far
Old 26 March 2007, 03:25 PM
spender
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GaryCat
My neighbour just called to tell me there was some guy looking around my house, over the back wall and then round the front through the kitchen window. He then looked at my WRX but legged it back to his car when the security light came on.

He was in a black Fiesta with tinted windows and alloys with about 20 spokes, I didn't get the reg plate.

It's been reported to the cops. Be on the lookout if you are in the South Bucks area.
I've just seen a car matching this description in SW Herts (not too far from South Bucks), parked in the car park at Cassiobury Park. I have the reg number if you're interested.
Old 01 April 2007, 09:10 AM
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

Default security

put a good lock on your gates and get good cams,get a box that buzzers in the house if something is in the back locking wheel nuts and disk lock and keep the key on a different key ring just incase they get your car keys.I allso have a mobile hiden in my car that is regd with company so if u phone it ,on silent,you wiil get a text back saying were it is,just incase, part of living in liverpool