Sponsored by:

Stolen 17/1/07

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2007, 10:02 AM
mickh25
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen 17/1/07

my Subaru sti with 14,000 miles was stolen off my drive at 3-00am on 17/1/07the thievies broken into to the house and took my keys. Upon hearing the car start up I telephoned the police and RAC trackstar within 4 minutes. Today the car as not been found. I trackstar is a load of c**p. I from the Keighley
area in west yorkshire.
Old 21 January 2007, 10:07 AM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Gutted for ya mate

The tracker fitted to these motors are grade a pants,when i totalled my 01 wrx a few years back,the car was loaded on to a transporter and taken away,not once did i get a phone call telling me my car was being moved without the engine on/or the alarm disengaged,it was a monitor unit as well and not just the retrieve model :model:

I hope they find them ,and a cell mate use's them as there bitch!

mark
Old 21 January 2007, 10:12 AM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear. B@stards want hanging. If you could post a few details we can look out for it. Colour, part of your registration etc.
Anthony
Old 21 January 2007, 11:22 AM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

Totally agree with you exactly the same happened with me.
I was lucky i got mine back, a man walking his dog spotted my 03 sti, and an 04 sti in a field and phoned the cops.
Hope you get yours back, and ditch the sh**e trackstar system.
My insurance only went up by £30 this is without the tracker, saved me £90 which i have used on a anti-hijack well worth it !!!!!!!!
Old 21 January 2007, 11:31 AM
WetPatch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donnas roo
Totally agree with you exactly the same happened with me.
I was lucky i got mine back, a man walking his dog spotted my 03 sti, and an 04 sti in a field and phoned the cops.
Hope you get yours back, and ditch the sh**e trackstar system.
My insurance only went up by £30 this is without the tracker, saved me £90 which i have used on a anti-hijack well worth it !!!!!!!!
Thats what they do, they leave the car somewhere quite for a day or 2 to c if its being tracked, if no one showes up off to the garage/boat to b sold/broken for parts it goes.
Old 21 January 2007, 11:32 AM
prince_of_tokyo
Scooby Regular

C*NTS
Old 21 January 2007, 11:40 AM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WetPatch
Thats what they do, they leave the car somewhere quite for a day or 2 to c if its being tracked, if no one showes up off to the garage/boat to b sold/broken for parts it goes.
Exactly so why fork out £120 a year, when you ask about trackstars they say how wonderful they are, and how they can recover them within the hour.
They will tell you anything to sell the damn things.

Trending Topics

Old 21 January 2007, 11:44 AM
kelwick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickh25
my Subaru sti with 14,000 miles was stolen off my drive at 3-00am on 17/1/07the thievies broken into to the house and took my keys. Upon hearing the car start up I telephoned the police and RAC trackstar within 4 minutes. Today the car as not been found. I trackstar is a load of c**p. I from the Keighley
area in west yorkshire.
sorry too hear it mate same thing happened to me only my car had 400 miles on it. when i first thought about it getting nicked i didnt want the car back.however its turned up ok. the insurance norwich union have been top they have been extreamly helpfull

regards

old pete
Old 21 January 2007, 11:46 AM
Andy T
Scooby Regular

Location: Northampton Xbox360 Tag - GTMonkeyboy Project-Stealth Wagon WIP

Feel for you mate. Mine was missing for about 2wks exactly two years ago, same MO as yours, sadly I was down the pub at the time having a few drinks whilst little scrotees were loading the wagon with all my electrical gear.

Got her back after she was used to do an armed robbery !! not much damage either, got spotted in a dodgy part of Northampton and Police recovered her.
Why they did'nt wait for the scum to use her again and shoot to kill is beyond me !!

Hope you get her back in one piece and they catch the theiving scum.
This country is too soft, send the scum to Cambodia to clear the mine fields with big novelty clown shoes, be the first usefully thing they had done in their pathetic lives.

Chin up dude
Old 21 January 2007, 12:28 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

When my insurance is due for renewal i am going to ask Aplan if the tracker is necessary as they are proven to be a bag of shi*e.
Bad luck regarding your car mate...F*ckers! Hang them
Nik.
Old 21 January 2007, 12:32 PM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
When my insurance is due for renewal i am going to ask Aplan if the tracker is necessary as they are proven to be a bag of shi*e.
Nik.
I am with a plan, and am insured without a tracker, only £30 more.
Old 21 January 2007, 12:37 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Told me i needed one but next renewal i will enquire about a policy without.
Rather spend an extra £30 than £120 subs to RAC Trackstar.

I am with a plan, and am insured without a tracker, only £30 more.
Old 21 January 2007, 12:37 PM
Sean 2000
Scooby Regular

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Nik.
Ive just been qouted by A-plan, there was no mention of a tracker!
Which i am glad about.....cos it sounds 2 me like they are a waste of money!

Hope it all works out for ya mate, i had a mint RS turbo stolen from my driveway a few years back, it f**ked me up for weeks....devastated i think is the word.

Sean.

ps: there is a certain "dealer" in your neck of the woods that has a rather dubious rep for selling moody motors(allegedly), might be worth having a look.....see if you recognise any "parts" of their cars?

Last edited by Sean 2000; 21 January 2007 at 12:43 PM.
Old 21 January 2007, 12:49 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Sorry to hear about this fella. When I had my STi a few years ago I had a Tracker & it worked fine when it broke down a couple of times I was always called within a few mins of the transporter taking her away. I agree that if it's shown to not work then why bother ...

TX.
Old 21 January 2007, 01:06 PM
Sean 2000
Scooby Regular

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The fact that insurers only add £30 to the policy without a tracker tells me 1 thing.........they know wot a pile of useless turd trackers are!

How are these companys allowed to sell something that clearly does not do the job they say it will.......i thought we had something called the "trade descriptions act" to prevent this????

Peace of mind? Peice of c*ap!

Sean.
Old 21 January 2007, 01:08 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

Seems to be a regular occurance of late again

Hope they find it for you soon, glad you/ family etc are OK, it's awful when they come into your house

THey probably disabled tracker

Fingers crossed for you
Old 21 January 2007, 01:20 PM
weslad
Scooby Regular

i have one fittted to my motor , im suprised at how many incidents there is of trackers not doing there job , have you phoned tracker and explained to them that the unit has failed in its job ? surely they would want to find out how/why these units are failing to do the job , even though i have a tracker fitted i also have anti hijack , a transmition lock (to the chassis) and the car gets blocked in at night by at least 1 another vehicle normally my van (which is on a slight slope so couldn,t be moved by being pushed out of the way) i also hide the keys at night in the house and take the keys with me if i go out , you gotta do everything you possably can nowadays to try and put the thieving bxxdards off ..................
Old 21 January 2007, 01:33 PM
noobscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickh25
I from the Keighley
area in west yorkshire.
I would be checking a certain garage hasn't had any new cars in..or bits added to older models.
Old 21 January 2007, 09:24 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Another nightmare, any news yet?

Contrary to popular belief, Tracker systems do work, and many stolen cars are recovered as a result of them being fitted. No doubt some don't work or are ripped out prior to them being found, so lets not completely dismiss their benefits.

If anything, Trackers can act as part of a deterent to *******........ that's why they leave them unnattended for a couple of days and return when they think it's safe. Can you imagine car theft stats if nobody had Tracker fitted?
Old 21 January 2007, 09:30 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I'm sure you are right in what you say but to be honest once my pride and joy had been stolen and abused i dont think i would want it back anyway.
Nik.

Originally Posted by bob r
Another nightmare, any news yet?

Contrary to popular belief, Tracker systems do work, and many stolen cars are recovered as a result of them being fitted. No doubt some don't work or are ripped out prior to them being found, so lets not completely dismiss their benefits.

If anything, Trackers can act as part of a deterent to *******........ that's why they leave them unnattended for a couple of days and return when they think it's safe. Can you imagine car theft stats if nobody had Tracker fitted?
Old 21 January 2007, 09:35 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this. The only thing my tracker is good at is flattening the battery when its left for a week or more.

Hope you don't get it back to be honest. I wouldn't want mine back after it had been nicked.

Best of luck whichever way you want it to go.
Old 21 January 2007, 09:43 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

I'm sure you are right in what you say but to be honest once my pride and joy had been stolen and abused i dont think i would want it back anyway.
Nik.
I wouldn't want mine back either, but my point is they can act as a deterent to stop my head getting caved in or my door being kicked off its hinges.

If you have the brass then subscribe. Imo.
Old 21 January 2007, 10:17 PM
donnas roo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by weslad
i have one fittted to my motor , im suprised at how many incidents there is of trackers not doing there job , have you phoned tracker and explained to them that the unit has failed in its job ? surely they would want to find out how/why these units are failing to do the job , even though i have a tracker fitted i also have anti hijack , a transmition lock (to the chassis) and the car gets blocked in at night by at least 1 another vehicle normally my van (which is on a slight slope so couldn,t be moved by being pushed out of the way) i also hide the keys at night in the house and take the keys with me if i go out , you gotta do everything you possably can nowadays to try and put the thieving bxxdards off ..................
I asked trackstar to check mine they told me if the car had not been mobile for more than 1hr it would have gone into sleep-mode. When i questioned this they said it can be set between 1hr and 8hrs before going into sleep-mode, i asked for it to be set for a longer time, they replied with it will kill your battery in a short time. Then they told me the scum who took my 03 sti probably had a device to block the signal.
The police then tell me if such device is available they are not aware of it.
They were just trying to find a way out of admitting there sh*t and don,t work.
Also got told by police that if need be they can get it activated with no cost to yourself. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.
Old 21 January 2007, 10:26 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Also got told by police that if need be they can get it activated with no cost to yourself. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY.
Police in your case are talking pooh, which isn't suprising.
Old 21 January 2007, 10:27 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by noobscoob
I would be checking a certain garage hasn't had any new cars in..or bits added to older models.
exactly what i thought when i read the location
Old 21 January 2007, 10:27 PM
stira2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by noobscoob
wouldn't put it past them they seemed very dodgy when i went there
Old 21 January 2007, 10:32 PM
Russ71
Scooby Regular

Bad luck m8, I hope you get her back in one piece, I consider myself to be lucky, Im with tracker, and the second day I had her I thought I'd clean her, thats all I did was hit my knuckle against the rear bumper and I set the alarm off, 15 minutes later I had the old bill around stating that they had a call from the tracker people wanted to know if all ok, naturally I had to show them proof that I was the new owner even though the tracker company had notified them of the address the car was kept etc but from that I thought my £130 was well spent.

Hope they catch the bunch of to$$$ers. A visit to your house to say sorry then a few hours at A&E before they go to their cells.
Old 22 January 2007, 09:50 AM
J_sca001
Scooby Regular

Default Serving Officer West Mercia.

Nice to hear there are still a few cynical people out there!! . "We", as the Police can get the tracker activated again. And depending on company are very helpful. When original "TRACKER" started up some years ago, most of the Police high performance vehicles in our force were fitted with a device working on a North, S, E and west type system and proved quite effective,If the stolen vehicle came within a certain range, (can't remember what, but quite reasonable from memory) our device would beep and the signal would get stronger when you travelled towards the bearing.
But you all seem to miss the point hear! . Due to modern protection systems Almost all thefts of high performace vehicles are taken via means of burgling your home for the keys!!.You have the fancy kit fitted to deter the theft of the vehicle, Very Good, give yourself a FUXXING CLAP!! (Frustration coming out!). But then what do you do????? Go into your homes with the keys and fobs, and, either 1. Hang them on the keyring holder just inside the house. 2. Put them on the kitchen worktop. 3.Even Worse!! put them on the table just inside the bloody hallway! So let's work out what happens! 1, 2. late at night your in bed, some piece of shxt shines a torch through a front or back windows see's keys, break in (NO search necessary as scum has seen keys). 10 seconds, your car is gone. The worst of the worst!!! number 3. Your very expensive anti-theft system is overcome by the end of a kids bloody fishing rod through the letterbox and has your keys off the hook!!. This isn't some bul**** Police Advert, just abit of thought, "HELP YOURSELF OR THEY WILL!!!!". Most high performance cars are stolen this way because of numerous reasons, 1. Very Very few ****s (No Matter how hard) will spend alot of time searching a premises, (Especially when your in bed) unless they have steel ***** or a good team with them. My Scooby is only worth around 4K at most but it's my pride and joy. I have a Cat 1 anti burgular alarm fitted. and the keys are either in my bedside draw when i'm in bed or hidden welll away!
Stay safe. Jamie

Last edited by J_sca001; 22 January 2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 22 January 2007, 10:26 AM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

jamie, mate.....
i think you are talking bollocks to be frank with you.
what you basically saying is if the keys are better hidden they wont bother when 99% of the time they arnt on show....

a lad who lives round the corner from me woke in the night with a shot-gun in his face because the lads couldnt find the keys!!!

i think the best thing to say to people would be spend some securing your house.... cars can always be replaced, a life cant!
Old 22 January 2007, 11:41 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob r
Police in your case are talking pooh, which isn't suprising.

i think its you that is talking poo my friend. i was robbed in my bed at knife point and my scooby nicked, i had the tracker details but wasnt registered and the police got it activated at no cost to me and my car was found within 40 mins.

so there

Quick Reply: Stolen 17/1/07