ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

help!

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2007, 02:22 PM
jackscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!

posted the other day, not much luck. ive just got a 94 wrx and having problems. firstly when i start it up, itll start fine and idle at about 1600 for about 3 secs then die completly. restart it, same thing. ive found if i keep the revs up and drive for a few mins, come to a stop and itll idle fine.
also occasionaly ive noticed itll cut out while im driving, it doesnt stall but i lose power for a second or two then it comes straight back. any ideas please guys?
Old 05 January 2007, 02:39 PM
RAMP
Scooby Regular

Idle valve sticking,Coolant temp switch faulty,MAF sensor faulty? Gotta start somewhere Coolant temp sensor would be best bet to try first
Old 05 January 2007, 02:54 PM
jackscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RAMP
Idle valve sticking,Coolant temp switch faulty,MAF sensor faulty? Gotta start somewhere Coolant temp sensor would be best bet to try first
ok, sorry to be a pain, anyone got any pics/guides? im quite mechanicaly minded but ive never owned or worked on a scoob engine before, dont know whats what, completly different to a CA18 engine!
Old 05 January 2007, 03:01 PM
RAMP
Scooby Regular

Try a search in general technical mate and see if anyone else has had similar probs to you.
Old 05 January 2007, 03:33 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

first of all, reset your ecu and go for a little drive. Then check for any CEL (check engine light) on your dash. If you get one then proceed to check for the error codes and this will point you in the right direction.

I cannot remember the website but do a search on here for saxonfield and it should point you in the right direction.