Sponsored by:

racism on network q

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2001, 11:36 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

My sister and her boyfriend (who is Asian) were marshalling on the network q in wales last week and whilst driving through margham park to marshall the stage they had a group of welsh lads throw a beer can at their car and hurl abuse about her boyfriend being Bin Laden!? WTF? he doesn't even look like him and I don't think Bin Laden would be at network q do you? I just can't understand this racist attitude. Her boyfriend has absolutley nothing to do with anything that has happened in america or anywhere else but even when we go down the pub he gets funny looks. Some people need to wake up and get a f*cking brain. Sorry for the rant but this gets on my t1ts. Any one else get the same?
Paul
Old 30 November 2001, 11:40 AM
carl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not yet (wife is Asian) but she was beaten up in a racial assault a few years ago. There are some ignorant ***** out there.
Old 30 November 2001, 11:42 AM
Seamus
Scooby Regular

Angry

It sickens me that this kind of **** still happens [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 30 November 2001, 11:44 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

This kind of attitude disgusts me and makes me feel very sad.
Old 30 November 2001, 11:45 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

I got so irate when they told me the other night. Wish I was there now to kick off at the mindless barstewards.
Old 30 November 2001, 11:46 AM
Bin Laden
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear about that.

Tw*ts
Old 30 November 2001, 12:01 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not only is this kind of behavious disgusting, but it is also sad because I thought a better class of person would be a rally follower.
Old 30 November 2001, 12:20 PM
KimA
Scooby Regular

Angry

Disgusted
Old 30 November 2001, 12:40 PM
JayRaj
Scooby Regular

Speaking of Racism, did anyone see Channel 4 last night?

Ignorant *****

J
Old 30 November 2001, 01:46 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Cool

Welsh *********?

Surely not?

You'd think they'd know better being victims of English imperialism themselves.

Nurks.
Old 30 November 2001, 01:49 PM
mbc
Scooby Regular

well i got lost whilst at the rally in cardiff and was driving along a road when 2 asians threw an egg at my scoob,did i stop ..........yes..........did i batter the living $hit out of them........................no and why, cos i didnt want to be branded a racist thug and start a riot altough they definately deserved a pasting, all these problems we have in our society about race etc etc saved their ar$es cos it made me and my mates think twice about it

mike
Old 30 November 2001, 01:54 PM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

Did anyone catch 'Sleepers' last night on channel 4 (not the film, it was a documentary about racial abuse) ? The mindset of some people is no less than astounding.
Old 30 November 2001, 02:17 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs down

Sorry to hear about your incident. It's never good when ignorant people take acction like this against innocent people.

However, considering recent events and the knowledge that such idiots do exist, the behaviour of some people does not do much to help the situation.

We were at one stage, and ther was a large bunch (about 17) of Asian people, adults and children. Shortly before the cars arrived, a chant of "India, India, India" started. From listening to their accents, it was pretty obvious they had been as close to India as I have. Then, incredibly, two of the children were playing some sort of role playing game started to argue over who wanted to be the terrorist!!

OK, I just thought what a bunch of idiots, but if the people who are likely to make racist remarks or actually attack people had been around, it does not take much to imagine what would have happened next.

Racism is a two way thing, not the one way traffic it has become in the last 20 years. If the Asian community cannot be responsible about these things, how can we ever hope to persuade racist thugs that we are all the same?

Geezer (probably gonna get flamed)
Old 30 November 2001, 03:29 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Over recent years its been very focused about "white" english people being racist to people of black origin or asain. Whilst its true unfortunately , there is just as much coming back at the average white person from the other ethnic groups (black, asain etc) - its very one sided in the eyes of the law/government

Its a shame with the year 2002 approaching that people of all ethinic groups haven't all learned to live together in tollerence on this big rock called Earth we all have to share.
Old 30 November 2001, 04:46 PM
Luke
BANNED

I loved the way the telivision company showed the "Winkers" faces ,who where giving that lady stick in that programme. Pity not all tv companies do this. I hate it when they show some thief/mugger etc and cover their faces.

let us know who they are and what they look like.

maybe a few of last nights "Stars" will get a visit from the Police .After all they have broken the law. But me thinks not....
Old 30 November 2001, 04:59 PM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

ScoobyJawa,

Completely agree with you on this one. When I was at university I seem to remember that there was an Asian Society but if I had wanted to start a White Society (Not that I did but I am just making a point) then that would have been seen as racist. How come one is racist but the other isn't?

Double standards if you ask me.
Old 30 November 2001, 05:32 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Joey,

I joined the Chinese society at Uni, why? To be racist? no Far from it! I grew up in Surrey and the only Chinese people I knew were family. That was it! It's good to be able to chat to people who have had similar life experiences!

Then again, I got on better with the rugby guys and the Rock Society!! Oh well, gone are the days of long hair and getting drunk most nights!!!

Andy

PS - It doesn't surprise me when white people are racist, although that's no excuse! (Sorry just what I'm use to!) That said, it pisses me off most when I get racist comments from asians or black people! It's like what the ****?? Have you not grown up with the **** that you're giving me now! Tossers!
Old 30 November 2001, 05:55 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

What a damn shame, it makes me sad & angry!
People are people, no matter their colour or religion. Why can't people just get on with it, life is too short.

I treat people as i find then, colour/race/reigion aside.