ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Help!! need to get an MOT quick

Search this Thread

Old 29 December 2006, 01:48 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help!! need to get an MOT quick

Hi guys hope you all had a good Christmas.

Got a wee bit of a problem, had a lot going on recently and forgot my road tax has expired, doh! I know bloody stupid! and now sarcasm please not in the mood ...anyway just checked my documents and found my MOT ran out last week so I need to get another one, problem is I have a full de-cat system and the only place I can think of near Cambridge is Extreme Scoobies but there still shut for Christmas , anyone got any ideas?
Old 29 December 2006, 03:38 AM
agent003
Scooby Regular

yea...park it up and tax it in the new year....its very scarse that you will get one sorted before then and thats if it passes first time...and how the **** can you forget to tax the car for a near whole month no matter what
Old 29 December 2006, 04:13 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by agent003
yea...park it up and tax it in the new year....its very scarse that you will get one sorted before then and thats if it passes first time...and how the **** can you forget to tax the car for a near whole month no matter what
Actually its quite easy to forget mate when your in pain from a abdominal hernia feel crap because of a stomach ulcer, having a stressful time at work and a whole host of other things going on...as for I'm planning on back dating the tax when I apply, my car is insured and has just had a service in the last month so apart from the decat issue should pass an MOT first time, thanks for the response but I'm really after a bit of help or useful info and not a flippant remark from someone who doesn't know me or my situation.

Hope you're having a good Christmas(not meant in a sarcastic way) I've been ill most of mine .
Old 29 December 2006, 04:26 AM
asagi
Scooby Regular

Hi

Snap. I was in the same situation last week. Got Grays Exhausts and tyres (Eltham SE London), to pre-MOT service my car.

To cut a long story short, they decided to MOT it as well. It's a decatted MY00, and it passed the emissions test.

Eltham is a fair journey for you, but may be worth it, especialy as there emissions machine is in a good mood.
Old 29 December 2006, 04:48 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by asagi
Hi

Snap. I was in the same situation last week. Got Grays Exhausts and tyres (Eltham SE London), to pre-MOT service my car.

To cut a long story short, they decided to MOT it as well. It's a decatted MY00, and it passed the emissions test.

Eltham is a fair journey for you, but may be worth it, especialy as there emissions machine is in a good mood.
Cheers for that mate that's the sort of info I was hoping for
Quite handy when a machine is in a good mood
Just read on a site that "a current MOT test certificate, which must be valid on the date the new tax disc comes into force.", so I guess technically if my MOT ran out on the 6th December if I back date the tax to when it ran out I should be ok...hmmm could be worth a try, lol if that fails then I guess I'll be driving to London.

Cheers again

Last edited by JPF; 29 December 2006 at 04:54 AM.
Old 29 December 2006, 12:40 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Anybody else got any ideas?, thinking of contacting the DVLA and explaining things but there probably just slap me in the face with a grand fine ...don't suppose there's anyone in Cambridge with a sport cat down pipe for sale?...and know anywhere I can get it fitted?
Old 29 December 2006, 12:46 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is Norwich too far for you to travel mate?
Old 29 December 2006, 01:10 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobLou
Is Norwich too far for you to travel mate?
Hi mate I'm in Cambridge so I guess its not too fare if its worth the drive,what you thinking?
Old 29 December 2006, 01:17 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JPF
Hi mate I'm in Cambridge so I guess its not too fare if its worth the drive,what you thinking?
PM sent
Old 29 December 2006, 01:31 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobLou
PM sent
Good news is they're open bad news is they cant help
Cheers anyway mate
Old 29 December 2006, 01:36 PM
GeoffMM
Scooby Regular

You are dfinately a loser!! It's people like this that give scoobynet a bad name. I assume agent 003 is perfect in all ways. lol.

Anyway, have you got another car you can use, or the bus??? It's just unlucky that a lot of tyre and emissions places get an extended christmas break till 2nd jan.
Old 29 December 2006, 01:44 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GeoffMM
You are dfinately a loser!! It's people like this that give scoobynet a bad name. I assume agent 003 is perfect in all ways. lol.

Anyway, have you got another car you can use, or the bus??? It's just unlucky that a lot of tyre and emissions places get an extended christmas break till 2nd jan.
Guess I can allays.....uhm!..walk places..cant believe I said the 'w' word....its so hard not to drive everywhere when you've got a scooby...wonder if I can remember how to walk more than a couple of yards
Old 29 December 2006, 03:17 PM
agent003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GeoffMM

Thanks for the caracter judgement but it just dont stick and merry xmas to you to

Its a bit late now to do what should of been done at the beginning of the month... what he should be doing right now is not trying to do what should of been done but instead get intouch with the dvla and explain the situation along with going to his doctor and get something to back it up.

It could be a hard task to proove total incapability to get the tax sorted or at least have advised the dvla since so many resources are made available now days.

Like i said..in my personal opinion i find it a bit hard to overlook this for a near whole month and also base this on the patern of postings you made this month here but if indeed you have or think you have a valid reason do has I said above and get intouch with the dvla before they get intouch with you Happy seasons greetings.
Old 29 December 2006, 03:50 PM
ralphandcarol
Scooby Regular

JPF,
YHPM
Old 29 December 2006, 03:56 PM
GeoffMM
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the caracter judgement but it just dont stick and merry xmas to you to

Its a bit late now to do what should of been done at the beginning of the month... what he should be doing right now is not trying to do what should of been done but instead get intouch with the dvla and explain the situation along with going to his doctor and get something to back it up.

It could be a hard task to proove total incapability to get the tax sorted or at least have advised the dvla since so many resources are made available now days.

Like i said..in my personal opinion i find it a bit hard to overlook this for a near whole month and also base this on the patern of postings you made this month here but if indeed you have or think you have a valid reason do has I said above and get intouch with the dvla before they get intouch with you Happy seasons greetings.
lol don't take it personally now it's only a forum and a lot of typing. I do struggle to see how when nearly a months gone by and nothing has still been done about it. if you look at the amount of time posting in the last month that has been made then it would have taken a lot less time ringing the dvla than it would of done spending time on sn
Old 29 December 2006, 07:30 PM
JPF
Scooby Regular

First off cheers ScoobLou, RJMS and Ralph and anyone else for the help (I now apologise in advance to the majority on this sit for what I'm about to wright but I'm in a sh*t and stressed out mood ) as for some other tw*ats on this site....kiss my fecking sick ***! , I hate judgemental prats who obviously never make mistakes in there lives, are OH! so organised that they never forget to do anything! and have obviously had such wonderful lives that they have know idea what its like to have depression, a serious injury, a possibly dangerous condition that requires operating on that's when the NHS can get round to it! and that requires you to be on pain killers all day so that you don't get a pain that can only be described as having a red hot knife pushed into your stomach!.

Scoobynet is a great site with some brilliant friendly and very helpful people, its just a shame that its gradually being infested by self righteous!, opinionated!, contacorus!, pedantic! and not forgetting judgemental wa*nkers! who just cant help but comment on people and things they know nothing about, I know its an open forum etc etc and people are free to say what they want, but come on! why do some people have to be such f***in t****rs with it.

Apologies again to all those decent people out there but some people really p**s me off at the moment.
Old 29 December 2006, 08:26 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Empty your pm box mate