Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bye Bye RB5, hello 535

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2001, 02:30 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, most of you know that I rolled my RB5 WR in the gravel trap at Donington a couple of weeks back.

Its now been written off and so I've been looking around for a replacement.

Top marks to Fred/Tom and the team at Schofield for getting everything sorted out so quickly, from arranging the recovery from Donington (funnily enough, Subaru Assistance weren't keen to attend), to figuring out what happened when the Ins Co lifted my car from the garage, without letting me remove the stereo first. Not only were they cheapest for both my RB5 and my wife's standard 206, the service is exceptional and when you need to claim they really know what they're doing - the number is 0113 250 0377. I really can't recommend them highly enough!

To be honest, I'd been thinking (ish) of changing it anyway as its not really big enough for family + luggage, its not really very comfortable and I tended to choose 'scooby' roads which made it even less comfortable for the kids in the back eg snowdonia, 4am, 'making progress'

Also, I've knackered my neck/back in the crash and Mr Mcrae's off has re-inforced the 'could have killed myself' thoughts that I can't really get out of my head at the moment

So with my sensible car head on, I went out looking at cars. Decided on a Focus 2.0 - OK car, handling not too bad. Acceptable really.

Then I decided it wasn't appropriate to be that sensible so I'll be picking up a nice shiny Techno Violet BMW 535 (steptronic auto - eeek!) on Thursday.

I'll be flogging off all my scooby bits over the next week or so and I'm still trying to get the car back for salvage (looking unlikely though), so if there's anything you're after, let me know.

Also, rb5wr.com is going to be of little use to me now, so if anyone who has a genuine WR is interested in having their car on the domain drop me an email.

Oh and if anyone knows much about chipping 535s, or tapping into the electronics so I can change the (awful) stereo without loosing the computer functions, please let me know!
Old 26 November 2001, 07:24 PM
HAPPY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

oh dear! what a nightmare

one less scoob on the streets of swindon then!

enjoy the beemer( loads of room for a massive stereo build in a 535)

pete( P1, the one you test drove but didnt buy )