05 STI Spring Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2006, 01:46 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 05 STI Spring Kit

Guys,

Is it possible to incorrectly fit the Prodive Spring kit and not notice or hear any noises?

Andy
Old 04 November 2006, 09:11 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

It is possible to fit it wrong, if you have it fitted by a numpty !!!

Only get it fitted at a reputable garage that you know will set up the geometry to Prodrives data sheet.
Old 05 November 2006, 10:56 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

STI,

Thanks for replying

I've had the car from new and the spring kit was fitted by the Subaru dealer that I purchased the car from (ie springs fitted as part of car purchase).

I've basically started getting the knocking noise from the front N/S shock, took it to my local Subaru dealers (not supplying dealer) and they told me that the springs have been fitted incorrectly on "definately" the fronts!!!!

They say that they won't resolve the issue with the shock until the springs have been fitted properly. Also mechanic tries to tell me that because the springs have been fitted incorrectly that they will have been making a knocking noise - this IMO is complete and utter bo&&ocks because I've been driving around in the car for the past year without any noises at all!!!

Trying to find out as to whether the dealer would just not want to do the warranty work when they could potentially be doing other work for paying customers.

So my options are either ....

a) Get local Stealer to sort front springs and charge me £200 for re-fitting and wheel alignment.

OR

b) Have to take a day off work to take it back to supplying dealer (60 miles away) for them to most likely turned around and say "sorry sir other garage is talking out of his......"

Andy

EDITED TO ADD: Is there anything that I can check for on the front springs to make sure that they are seated properly?