Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Early WRX to STi Engine Conversion? - Is it Possible?!

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2006, 01:54 PM
l_r_m
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Early WRX to STi Engine Conversion? - Is it Possible?!

I have an early '1993 K Reg Jap Import WRX - which I've just managed to blow up! Can Either fit another XJ20 WRX engine (£750 for a reconned 93-96 unit drops straight in.. apparently..?) OR managed to find an early 1996 Sti (red inlet manifolds) Engine off a rear-end damaged car.. - Question is.. has anyone on here done a transplant like that before?! - I know they're a different spec - ie steel everything to handle the power on the Sti.. but will everything off my WRX just bolt straight on to the Sti block and bottom end?! - Anybody any info on that would be much appreaciated ASAP!! - Have to make a decision in the next day or two really..! The Sti engine is £1100 so for the additional £350 if it's a stright awap over I'm happy with that!

If you've actually done it feel free of course to post back or give me a call!! - 07989 969 637

Thanks,
Leigh
Old 19 October 2006, 05:41 PM
RedScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll definately need the ecu in with the swap, but I don't know what ancilliaries are different.... I'm assuming that the block comes complete with injectors (which are different for the STi), and I'm pretty sure that the turbo is a TD05 like the WRX (both saloons, right?).
Somebody must have done it.....?