Sponsored by:

We came, we saw, we conquered!

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2000, 08:07 AM
Mike Rainbird
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

As some of you know the Norfolk RSOC entered two teams in the Scooby karting at Milton Keynes yesterday. I am pleased to say that because it rained, the 4wd girls were out of their league (not having 4wd to bail them out ) and the RS team won with one lap in hand. We lead the race from the half way point to the very end. Stef's team finished fifth.

However, we were nearly deprived of victory, as some muppet forgot to stop the timing equipment at the end of the race, so the race director thought that he had to deduct one of our laps to compensate, which briefly put us back into second place. Fortunately a "steward's" enquiry and the flag marshall confirmed that we crossed the line in first with a lap in hand, and we had our first place reinstated. Unfortunately, this was not before the erroneous "winning" team had fecked off with the trophy (as they obviously realised something was suss as well and didn't want to wait around to have first place taken away from them (joke) ).

Our other team finished 10th (out of 17). What a day, the weather was sh!te which meant you had to drive round on "tippy-toes" or spin out. We all went for a drink / meal afterwards and the Scooby boys made us all feal very welcome (even if we did wipe the floor with them ).

Thanks Stef, we'll be back next year!
LOL
Mike R

[This message has been edited by Mike Rainbird (edited 30 October 2000).]
Old 30 October 2000, 08:38 AM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Yeah Mike, but just think of all that humiliation at the awards ceremony when they relegated you to 2nd

As Stef would agree, that was worth LOADS!!

Big thanks to Stef for organising it and to Pete C and Stef for the pub bit etc afterwards. Great day
Old 30 October 2000, 09:00 AM
Mike Rainbird
Scooby Regular

Wink

Cheers Steve,
I would have liked to have seen the look on my face when I realised that it wasn't a joke that Stef had managed to persuade the Race Director to play on us!

It felt like it went from "ha, ha Stef" to "You must be bloody joking !". Fortunately, everyone who was there knew we had won anyway!

Anyway, alls well that ends well, as they gave us our first place medals (and would have given us the trophy if someone hadn't run off with it - they didn't have a spare... ).
LOL
Mike R

Old 30 October 2000, 07:10 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Oops - had to get going SORRY !

Thought trophy was for 1st Scooby team anyway.

Couldn't turn up back at home without winning trophy so obviously had to lie about success.

Shame the rest of the scooby boys were beaten by a scooby gal.
Old 30 October 2000, 07:35 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

Wink

After further analysis it appears that it was us which was robbed.

Apparently (according to a team member) we took 1:32:08.03 to do 57 laps. The RS boys took 1:32:31 ish i.e. 23 secs longer than us to do 57 laps.

Na Na Na NA Na

Re-match required me thinks
Old 30 October 2000, 07:37 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Talking

hey, no shame in being beaten by a woman, wish it would happen more often to me. LOL

She was bloody good actually, sailed past me like i was stood still (not hard yesterday )

does she log on to the BBS, i am crap with putting names to faces.
Old 30 October 2000, 07:46 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Sorry Gizmo, you have to remember the sheet i posted pics off, was with the last lap of the RSOC boys taken off, they actually did more laps than anybody else ! Team 17 came close and i am sure if they hadnt got black flagged for soemthing or other, they would have been at least 2nd !

Still, congrats to the RS boys, they put up a good fight, they have to win at something dotn they LOL

Trending Topics

Old 30 October 2000, 08:03 PM
mully
Scooby Regular

John, are there no depths to which you will descend to get to chat with a girl?

Oh, & if she was using sails we want a stewards enquiry coz they'd have been bloody useful.

You never know, we may climb another place through default to the heady heights of 2nd. Or if we can find out how the RS boys fiddled it, we may even have won it!!!
Old 30 October 2000, 08:04 PM
mully
Scooby Regular

John, are there no depths to which you will descend to get to chat with a girl?

Oh, & if she was using sails we want a stewards enquiry coz they'd have been bloody useful.

You never know, we may climb another place through default to the heady heights of 2nd. And if we can find out how the RS boys fiddled it, we may even have won it!!!
Old 30 October 2000, 08:30 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Wink

Not talented ones shaun, nope LOL

The more women get involved with the scooby events the better, pity there aren't more who do track events. Be good to see some new faces on track and if they can drive like scooby gal at karting and Subie Gal in the USA then that would certainly keep us honest.
Old 31 October 2000, 08:11 AM
Mike Rainbird
Scooby Regular

Smile

Giz,
Just look at your individual print out and see what it says for what position you were in on lap 57.....
LOL
Mike
Old 31 October 2000, 10:21 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Mike.

Well doen, although the trophy was actually for the first SIDC team anyway, so you wouldn't have got it!
Revenge will be sweet.......

Stef.
Old 31 October 2000, 05:25 PM
PeterAllnutt
Scooby Newbie

Red face

Call me stupid but if Team 8 had a quicker time for completing 57 laps it must have been a small miracle for the RS boys to take 30 odd secs out of them on the last lap.

The only way the RS boys could have been in front was if they did 57 laps quicker! Again this was not the case from the individual team time sheets.

AIUI the RS boys got 'accidently' credited with an extra lap during one of their pit stops. I expect they tried to cheat by not stopping at the red light at the pit entrance.

Pete.

P.S. Ownership is 9/10ths of the law, and I'VE GOT THE TROPHY

[This message has been edited by PeterAllnutt (edited 31 October 2000).]
Old 31 October 2000, 11:42 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

John

Just for you

[img]c:my documentsmy picturesmotor racingscoobygal.gif[/img]

If pictures not here then can someone tell me how to get piccies here.
Old 31 October 2000, 11:51 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Gizmo

All that code was quite correct only problem is you need it up on a web site if you've not got webspace or cant be @rsed with it mail it to me and i'lll chuck it up.

Simon

Eidted to say Email is
Old 02 November 2000, 10:05 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

John

Piccie just for you to see what she looks like from the front rather than the back.