pros/cons of Perma-guard , Armour-coat

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2000, 03:58 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi,

Just had my car washed & polished, just to tide it over until Mark U (the WoW) can WaxWizzard it.. But just wanted some feed back on peoples experience with :

- Permaguard - is like WaxWizzard?

and

- Armour-XXX (something, can't remember the second bit) - basically a plastic coating that is applied to all forward facing vunerable bits of the car...

Any pointers greatly appreciated..

Cheers, Alex
Old 31 October 2000, 04:08 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Alex,

Armour fend I think you mean. I had this applied to my car, total front and wheel arch cover. AB FAB stuff mate, totally recommend it, stops you getting stone chips. It is essential if you plan on doing track days.

Armour fend is not cheap though, ans Bajie. I got some other company to do mine for £200.00. Well worth the money.

Cem
Old 31 October 2000, 04:12 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Cool

Blow Dog,

Yes, Armour Fend is what I meant, so you'd recomend it then, cool.. thanx for the ruff price guide..

Its been recommended that the car is Perma-guard'd then armour fend'd.. where does this leave WaxWizzard, as is that similar to Perma-guard!?

Cheers, Alex
Old 31 October 2000, 05:09 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Can't comment on perma have no experience with it. Done a search?

I know a friend paid about £600 for Armourfend tho. But they are the best tho, good quality job.

Cem
Old 31 October 2000, 05:18 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks Clem, the bloke is sending me a quote on both... more interesting armour-fend, than perma-guard.. surprise Mark U hasnt commented yet though, Mark???

rgds, Alex

PS. seen your pics Clem, you might wanna read my comments, might make you feel better or at least laff a little.
Old 31 October 2000, 10:35 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

I saw what I presume was an Armorfended RB5 in Osborne's of Colchester. I noticed not by the line that is the edge of the film, but the fact that the leading edge of the bonnet looked quite matt and not very shiny.

As I say, I don't know if it was Armorfend but it's worth checking if you don't want the bonnet to look flat.
Old 01 November 2000, 01:37 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

DrEvil

here I am! Permaguard is an acrylic polmer paint sealant and there are many other similar products on the market like Amazing Glaze, Liquid Glass, Supaguard, PermaGuard etc etc etc.

Scotty (in Hull) like I has had expereience with these products and in my opinion like Scotty's they are not what they are cracked up to be .

My view that at around £300 per application around £75 goes to the supplying dealer, and the rest to the professional who applies it. The cost of the products/chemicals used are around £30.

The warranties that these companies offer are full of get out clauses and I have seen no end of problems that people have had.

Take a friend of mine who religously washed his car with a shampoo/conditioner that was supplied (u dont use it it nullifies the warranty..got ya by the goolies cos they know if you dont by regular top shamppoo etc) and it was also dependant that he returned his car annually for inspection/retreatment at a cost of £75 plus vat. He went on holiday to the South of France and into Spain. He went with his wifey and 2 kids. Whilst in South of France some very kind and obliging seagull dumped its load on his car's roof and boot.

He noticed the offending splatter but did nothing except to enjoy the wine, sun, sand and ?!! On returning home he was the car and attempted to remove the pooh. The pooh by now had nearly 3 weeks to sit on the paint.

To his shock and horror when he removed the offending dollop he noticed that his lacquer was etched. Went back to dealer and made a claim but was rejected outright for the reason that he did not remove the pooh straight away!!!!!!!!!!

If one wants an acrylic sealant yes thats fine and we have one that is so simple to use and YES even I like it. Its a tenner for half litre and enough product to apply to 10 cars or reapplications every 8 weeks or so. Time to apply is around 30 mins. Lots cheaper than 300 quid.

As to armourfend..I unresrvedly advise the use of this product..its fab and well worth the expense.

Trending Topics

Old 02 November 2000, 12:00 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Mark (WoW)

Thanx mate, well see you on the 18 anyway for the WaxWizzard experience!

As for the armourfend, I'm gonna talk to the guys that did my tinting as I trust them, the man in the van that did my car the other day appears to have scratched the inside of the windscreen whilst cleaning it!!! barsteward!!

Thanx to all who replied!

Alex
Old 02 November 2000, 01:22 PM
Branners
Scooby Regular

I have heard the Wazwizard name before but to be honest I dont have a clue what they can do? Do you just supply cleaning and polishing things or do you also provide a polishing service?

My Supra has 'spiders webs' all over the paintwork which I was going to get permaguarded or something similar, but if there is a better option then Im happy to give it a go.

JB
Old 02 November 2000, 06:47 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

He provides both, best thing to do is email Mark, he'll explain the rest

rgds, Alex
Old 02 November 2000, 08:13 PM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

DrEvil

The pleasure is mine..cya on the 18th

Branners
email on info@waxwizard.com and I 'll email the info to you.

regards
WoW