Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

p*ssed me right off!!

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2006, 12:01 PM
craigmk2crx
Scooby Regular

Location: nice quiet village just outside Huddersfield surrounded by lovely A & B roads
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry p*ssed me right off!!

Hi

On Friday i spotted a black 02 STi in the autotrader for £8990 with 54k on the clock, 2 owners, subaru history upto 40 but the 50k service(inc cambelt due)

I thought that the price seemed quite good so gave them a call. It was only in Chesterfield so about 45mins away from me & he was willing to px my FTO

I called them back on Saturday, distinctly saying "is the black Subaru a standard STi or does it have any Prodrive mods?" & "what colour are the wheels?" & " does it have a high or low level spoiler?"

The guy says it's a standard STi, low spoiler, silver wheels. I really want a high level spoiler, but that can be added later so no probs there!!

Anyways, me & the g/f drive down to the garage on Sunday dinner time. As i pull up i see it on the front on the forecourt, something doesn't look quite right!!

I get closer, it just a standard F*CKIN WRX!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I spoke to the sales guy & asked if there was an STi aswell. Nope, that's the only Subaru they'd got.

So i had a 2min rant blowin off steam about how the idiot i'd spoke to yesterday failed to tell me that it was a WRX & not an STi, even when i'd asked specific questions

He told me that when they put the reg number into the autotrader it brought up the car as an STi & they'd emailed the autotrader to rectify the problem.

This was no help to me, with the journey back i'd wasted 2hrs of a nice sunny sunday drivin to Chesterfield & back & £10 of fuel!! Add to that we were still nursing nasty hangovers from Saturday nights sambuka & jack daniels party at my mates!!

The sales guy still tried to get me interested in the WRX, i told him there's no point going from my GPvR Aero Series to a standard WRX as there's bugger all in it & the FTO looks a way load better

So it's back to searching again!!

Craig
Old 11 September 2006, 12:31 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Chesterfield is lovely int it mate!

Sorry about your wasted trip, what garage was it just out of interest?
Old 11 September 2006, 12:34 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Lucky for you it was just one wasted trip, I made several the other week looking at 'mint' cars
Old 11 September 2006, 06:07 PM
niteowl
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Lucky for you it was just one wasted trip, I made several the other week looking at 'mint' cars

Aint it amazing how many owners think that their rust buckets held together with gaffer tape are actually "MINT"?
Old 11 September 2006, 06:14 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by niteowl
Aint it amazing how many owners think that their rust buckets held together with gaffer tape are actually "MINT"?
When they say mint it actually refers to the airfreshner used to get rid of the dog smells and any other smells that are present.
Old 11 September 2006, 06:16 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

spend a bit more and get a bargin
https://www.scoobynet.com/new-price-t543130.html
Old 11 September 2006, 08:22 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Low rear spoiler would have given the game away for me.

Salesman was obviously an Idiot. Wonder if he sells many cars with his in-depth knowledge of cars
Old 11 September 2006, 09:08 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

they dont make an sti with a low spoiler....do they?
Old 11 September 2006, 09:22 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Ye probably shouldn't have been driving with hangovers, as the next day you would probably still be over the drink drive limit .

If you were stopped by the police yer Sunday could have been a lot worse.
Old 11 September 2006, 09:31 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

The latest spec d STi has a low level spoiler and silver wheels, although I admit that this shouldn't apply to an 02 STi.
Old 11 September 2006, 09:40 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy says it's a standard STi, low spoiler, silver wheels. I really want a high level spoiler, but that can be added later so no probs there!!

So, can we see pictures of a standard STI then, with low spoiler and SILVER wheels..... please....
Old 11 September 2006, 09:54 PM
andrew02
Scooby Newbie

I get closer, it just a standard F*CKIN WRX!!!!! I couldn't believe it. I spoke to the sales guy & asked if there was an STi aswell. Nope, that's the only Subaru they'd got.

AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH A F..KING STANDARD WRX? .YOU STICK WITH YOUR FTO MATE,SOME OF US HAVE FAMILIES, AND HOMES TO PAY FOR.SO A WRX IS ALL WE CAN AFFORD RIGHT NOW,ANYWAY I GOT ONE AND YOU AINT.
Old 11 September 2006, 10:13 PM
Stephen Pope
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by paulwrxboro
I looked at one STI8 that had a low level one. Apparently the previous owner had a larger p@nis and did not require the larger spolier (I have a big spoiler to make the birds thinkI have a big pecker.)

A swap had been made by the dealer for the boot complete with spoiler (the big spolier has different fixing points.) I guess the badges were then swapped also.
Old 12 September 2006, 05:49 PM
craigmk2crx
Scooby Regular

Location: nice quiet village just outside Huddersfield surrounded by lovely A & B roads

Originally Posted by andrew02

AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH A F..KING STANDARD WRX? .YOU STICK WITH YOUR FTO MATE,SOME OF US HAVE FAMILIES, AND HOMES TO PAY FOR.SO A WRX IS ALL WE CAN AFFORD RIGHT NOW,ANYWAY I GOT ONE AND YOU AINT.

chill out idiot!!

i never said anythings wrong with standard WRXs!! i used to have 1 3yr ago. I was ranting because i was supposed to be going to look at an STi & it turned out to be a WRX which i don't want.

If you were going to look at a new WRX & you got there & it was a 2.0 Sport would you not be annoyed?

Oh & by the way, i have a home i pay for & a family

oh & "anyways i got 1 & you aint!!" AND!! I don't want 1 i'm after an STi so what's the point to that comment?

Some people on here need to seriously lighten up, slight resemblance to the lancer register at times

Craig
Old 12 September 2006, 05:51 PM
craigmk2crx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulwrxboro
I've a few pics of bugeye STi's on my PC with low level spoilers

I'll try upload them later
Old 12 September 2006, 05:54 PM
aggs
Scooby Regular

Chill out.Good idea
Old 12 September 2006, 06:01 PM
craigmk2crx
Scooby Regular

clicky links below for STi's with low level spoilers I did a quick search on google

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/st...5/2534_8mg.jpg

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/atcars/impr...mihori_sti.jpg

http://www.km77.com/marcas/subaru/im...rescuardel.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/freec...eza_wrx_03.jpg

http://www.miseauto.com/images/voitu...reza-wrx-1.jpg

Oh & as for silver alloys they could have been aftermarket jobs

Craig
Old 12 September 2006, 06:02 PM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

I had the exact same thing happen to me when I was looking for my STI. I saw one advertised in Autotrader at the Fiat dealer in Newcastle, which I thought was an odd place for an STI to end up. Still, it seemed a good price so I rang up and specifically asked "is it an STI?" Yes, the salesman said. I mentioned that in the picture (small and too poor quality to see the other giveaway details like larger scoop, brembo's, etc), it seemed to have the high-level spoiler but I thought I could make out fog lights, rather than the STI covers. So, I asked him about that and his response was that he was "looking out of the window at it right now, and it has the covers".

So, I made an appointment, drove up (50 minutes or so away) and sure enough, it didn't have them and was a WRX with an STI spoiler. I couldn't believe it! The salesman denied all knowledge of the conversation with me when I started to complain What on earth is the point in lying to someone who is looking for a specific model of car?! They're hardly going to change their mind on the spot, just because they've had to drive for a bit to see it... Still makes me mad thinking about it now!
Old 12 September 2006, 07:06 PM
jazzbo
Scooby Newbie

This is what I dont want to make same mistake for my customers in UK and Ireland.

I would be highly appreciated if anyone reply my query about 1996 WRX (STI)
https://www.scoobynet.com/newbie-need-help-t543423.html
Old 12 September 2006, 07:10 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

yep!

carcraft seem to advertise there wrx's as sti's,i went up to leeds a few weeks back to view a 55 plate sti in black,price was £14995,so i phoned first to check the car was definately an sti,and that it was still there,told yes to both,anyway,arrived to see a standard wrx fitted with gold oz alloys,the salesman's reply to my little rant was"i thought wrx's had silver wheels"

Total nobbers !!
Old 12 September 2006, 07:16 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by andrew02
Nothing if you like ****ty wannabe STi's....... They are the poor man's (usually a family man...aka Chav) alternative to a real car...... normally on the dole as well as living in a council house.... dropping sprogs out left right & centre to increase their child support payments.......

Has he burst a blood vessel yet
Old 12 September 2006, 10:10 PM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

better to spend around 20pounds on a hpi check and you will know if it REALLY is a STi or a normal WRX -

Raf
p.s. this only works for uk supplied cars as we know imports are registered as anything BUT WRX STi
Old 13 September 2006, 01:49 AM
blueangel
BANNED

Originally Posted by craigmk2crx
chill out idiot!!

i never said anythings wrong with standard WRXs!! i used to have 1 3yr ago. I was ranting because i was supposed to be going to look at an STi & it turned out to be a WRX which i don't want.

If you were going to look at a new WRX & you got there & it was a 2.0 Sport would you not be annoyed?

Oh & by the way, i have a home i pay for & a family

oh & "anyways i got 1 & you aint!!" AND!! I don't want 1 i'm after an STi so what's the point to that comment?

Some people on here need to seriously lighten up, slight resemblance to the lancer register at times

Craig
Aw Diddums
Old 13 September 2006, 01:50 AM
blueangel
BANNED

And anyway who really cares
Old 13 September 2006, 08:16 AM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Non-Prodrive edition 02 STi come with low spoilers and different fog light covers, as can be seen on thre front of the UK STi Brochure.

Last edited by Scott.T; 13 September 2006 at 08:22 AM.
Old 13 September 2006, 11:50 AM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Smile

While you were in Chesterfield you could have visited here. It's where I bought my car.

http://www.autoselectcars.co.uk/GetD...22778&pageid=1

Has an STI on there site too. Seems a reasonable price!
Old 13 September 2006, 05:32 PM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

Talking

Craig,
There are loads of wrongly advertised Impreza's on Autotrader, and i'ts soooo annoying. I'm currently looking, and i've seen the following:

1. Plenty of WRX's labelled WRX STi
2. A WRX PPP with 348 lbs of torque, and it then says standard car
3. A WRX, with full prodrive package including chip! What, potato chip?
4. An STI with PPP and 330 bhp. I thought they were 305 bhp
4. A JDM STI 2.0, labelled as an STI 2.5 Spec D, and on the front pic of the car, the number plate is soooo wonky!!

Plus, frighteningly, several 03/04 cars without so much as ONE service receipt, or no service book!

There was one recently with 25000 miles, and he said there was 'no history at all because the car was so little used'! OOh, but it was a 'minter'! (I hate that word)

So, either people in this country are generally getting thicker and stupider, or the con merchants are increasing at such an alarming rate that they are exposed everywhere!
Old 14 September 2006, 12:38 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when I was looking for my first Impreza I travelled down south to a lovely little farm house, the bloke took me through to the back and **** me, he had Cossies, skylines, loads of top bollock equipment.

Anyway, we get chatting over this lovely scooby blue impreza, sounds good, nice security all the bits match nice. He starts his sales pitch about how I'd wanna be showing everyone this car and how great I'd look in it. Really friendly bloke.

My friends spots some paint running and he follows it around, coming to the conclusion the whole roof has been sprayed. Simple question, I ask the fella, so when was the roof, done... changed his whole personality, got really nasty and told me to **** off off his land!

Never answered the question either!