Sponsored by:

which classic to get

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2006, 10:12 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which classic to get

guys looking to spend around £6-£6.5k on a classic but not too sure which to go for i am thinking of sti as i have always wanted one and i have had a 97 uk turbo ppp and now a 02 uk wrx so thinking of going to the darker side of dark and getting a sti.

with my budget what millage, condition, version could i get?

i am aiming to get it to run around the 300-320bhp mark is it worth getting a slightly older version and with the cash tuning it up or get the latest version i can and when a bit more cash flow comes in then mod it later?

couls i get one with my end bhp target already done for this sort of cash?

i really like the version 5 but i guess i could go for a 3 or 4 and facelift it but with that money i have to spend i guess i might be able to get the real thing.

please guys need all your knowledge to help me in the right direction
Old 29 July 2006, 10:17 PM
flakey
Scooby Regular

Version 3,4,5, are all facelift models. Just version 3 have the older style dash!!
Old 29 July 2006, 10:23 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

I'm considerin sellin mine. Its not an sti but its got a lot spent on it already. Its an early wrx and has just had a complete new engine with forged internals and uprated bearings. Its got apexi suspension, facelift headlights, different grill and lots more. I also have 550cc injectors, apexi power fc to go on when its going to be mapped and set up for it. PM me if your interested and i'll go through it all. This car has had a lot of money spent on it recently.

Just to add it has all the normal bits on to like fount mount, ported headers, oil catch can but not plumbed in yet, 4 pot calipers, walbro fuel pump.
I have carefully run this car in its now had 2k miles on the new engine and im about to give it another service.. Then its all good to have it mapped and the bits put on

Last edited by rossi_classicwrx; 29 July 2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 29 July 2006, 10:27 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

dude pm sent
Old 29 July 2006, 11:51 PM
Useless
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie1982
guys looking to spend around £6-£6.5k on a classic but not too sure which to go for i am thinking of sti as i have always wanted one and i have had a 97 uk turbo ppp and now a 02 uk wrx so thinking of going to the darker side of dark and getting a sti.

with my budget what millage, condition, version could i get?

i am aiming to get it to run around the 300-320bhp mark is it worth getting a slightly older version and with the cash tuning it up or get the latest version i can and when a bit more cash flow comes in then mod it later?

couls i get one with my end bhp target already done for this sort of cash?

i really like the version 5 but i guess i could go for a 3 or 4 and facelift it but with that money i have to spend i guess i might be able to get the real thing.

please guys need all your knowledge to help me in the right direction
https://www.scoobynet.com/my99-uk-su....html?t=526992